IFMR, PGDM ADMISSIONS OPEN For 2015-17
With 43 years of training and research the Institute for Financial Management and Research is a non-profit research based institute. In collaboration with British Open University and Michigan Business School it has run programs in the past. The ministry of Finance has recognized it as an Institution of National Importance and also an organization of research by the Department of Science and Technology.
How to Apply
After the candidates have passed the eligibility criteria they have 3 options.
- Visit the college website www.ifmr.ac.in and through Debit card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking make a payment of Rs.1500. After having done that you can fill the application form and submit it online.
- Pay Rs.1500 to the coaching centers of T.I.M.E/ IMS/ Career Launcher and receive a prospectus from them. The prospectus will contain a 6 digit registration key which will aid you to fill and submit the online application on the college website www.ifmr.ac.in
- Pay a DD of Rs.1500 in favour of “Institute for Financial Management and Research”, payable at Chennai and then get a prospectus which will contain a 6 digit registration key which will aid you to fill and submit the online application on the college website www.ifmr.ac.in
After submission of the online Application forms. Based on the weightage of the academic marks and the scores in competitive examinations the candidates will be short listed.
The short listed students will then be called for another selection process which will be held in Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, Lucknow and Jaipur on dates which will be communicated later.
There is no particular cutoff present for this institutions. The selection and filtering of candidates will be based on the overall weightage of their academic scores and competitive examination scores in CAT/ XAT/ GRE/ GMAT etc.
- Candidates applying should be graduates in any discipline with consistent scores throughout their academic years. Students in their final years can also apply.
- The score of the candidate in any one of the following examinations : CAT/ XAT/ GMAT & GRE/ CMAT
The IFMR campus is located in the heart of the business and trade. They have acquired 40 acres of land and are setting up 3, 50,000 sq.ft campus with the following world class facilities:
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Well-stocked Library
- Computer Lab with the high end systems and applications
- Seminar Halls
- Hostels with full-fledged facilities for boarding
- Administration rooms
- Placement cells
- Cafeteria with dining facilities
- Recreation rooms
And many more……
- Separate provision for boys and girls
- Rooms equipped with an attached bathroom
- Occupancy on a twin-bed sharing basis
- Automated launderettes
IFMR claims to have a flawless placement record. To add to their intellectual capital some of the largest corporates in India come to IFMR for varied fields such as Finance, Sales & Marketing, HR and Operations along with impressive job profiles and attractive packages.
Some of the companies that visit are as follows:
- Bank of America
- Cognizant – CBC
- Deloitte Consulting
- ICICI Bank
- JP Morgan
- Larsen & Turbo
- Murugappa Group
- SAP Consulting
And many more…….
- A*** (State Level)
- A** (National Level)
- Ranked 9th in Finance including IIMs
- Ranked in Top 30 Institutes including IIMs
Star News B-School Rankings
- Most Outstanding B-School (South)
Business World B-School Rankings
- Ranked in Top 30 B-Schools including IIMs
Dewang Mehta Award
- Best Academic Input / Syllabus in the field of Finance in 2010
Business Standard B-School Ratings
- A1 Category including IIMs
- An attractive scholarship of up to 50% of the tuition fee is given to students based on their performance every year.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) gives the T. Thomas Scholarship Award of Rs.1 lakh for the best outgoing student of the PGDM program.
- For two deserving students in the Department Finance specialization J-PAL South Asia gives the IFMR Scholarship.
- IFMR also has medals awarded for the toppers of each specialization. The medals are as follows:
- Sivasailam Medal
- M. Kothari Medal
- A.M.M.Arunachalam Medal
- H. T. Parekh Medal
- Dean’s Medal for Service
- Last date for application: January 25, 2014.
- Shortlisted candidates list to be released February/March.
- Selection process to be held in March/April.
PGDM Admissions Office