APEAMCET or Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agricultural Medical Common Entrance Test is the test conducted for admission to engineering colleges across Andhra Pradesh. The test is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technologial University in which more than 4 lakhs students participate. The state exam is used as a criteria for alloting 92,000 engineering seats to the candidates available across the state of Andhra Pradesh.
The examination consists of 160 questions to be answered in in three hours. Out of these 80 questions are asked from Mathematics, 40 from Chemistry and 40 from Physics.
All the questions are objective types and the candidate has to choose one option out of the given four. The questions are based on the topics covered in their intermediate schooling.
The candidate who wants to appear for this examination must be the resident of India. Non-local candidates would be allowed admission if they meet the eligibility criteria. The candidate should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh and should have passed his intermediate exams with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as core subjects. The candidate should also be of minimum 16 years in age.
How To Apply
The candidates who wish to appear for this examination need to apply online. They first need to visit the official website https://www.apeamcet.nic.in. After visiting the site the candidate is required to fill in his/her details after which he will be asked to enter the confirmation code sent on the mobile number.
Once confirmed the student will be required to log into the portal and complete his application form and upload all his documents such as marksheet, Domicile certificate etc.
Once all these formalities have been completed then the candidate would be asked to make the payment of the application fee which is Rs. 250/-. The candidate can either make payment through online or offline modes. Online payment can be made through credit or debit card. Offline payment will be made by visiting any of the AP online centres alongwith ID proof such as Aadhar Card or marksheet.
After all these steps have been completed the candidate will receive application number which he or she will use for all the further correspondence.
After the result declaration the counselling process will begin. Based on the rank of the candidate he/she will be alloted seat in any engineering college.
Once the allotment has been done then the candidate will be required to report at APEAMCET helpline centre alongwith all his/her original documents. Then the candidate will be required to pay the requiste admission fee and take the admission in the alloted institution.
Syllabus For Examination
The AP EAMCET examination primarily consists of questions asked from Mathematics. 50% of the questions are asked based on the mathematics taught at 10+1 and 10+2 level. 25% of the questions are asked from Physics and 25% are asked from topics related to Chemistry.
Some of the prime topics from which questions are asked include:
- Physics: This section is primarily based on the 10+2 level physics and theories related to motion or kinematics. Topics from which questions are asked include Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion, Work Energy and Power, thermodynamics etc.
- Chemistry: This section is based on organic and inorganic chemistry so the candidates are required to have sound knowledge on topics such as States of matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Inorganic Chemistry etc.
- Mathematics: This section is one of the most important section of the examination and some of the prime topics covered in this section include Function, Matrices and Determinants, Complex Number and quadratic equations, Segments and Series, Limit and Continuity, Integral and Differential Calculus.
Some of the important dates to be kept in mind for UPCMT are:
- Starting date of receipt of Application 6h March 2015
- Last Date for Submission of Application form 11th April 2015
- Last Date for Submission with late fee 16th April 2015
- Date of Download of Admit Card 2nd to 6th May 2015
- Date of Examination 8th May 2015
In case any issue is faced by the students he/she can write to, Administrative Building, Ground Floor, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinanda-533003, Andhra Pradesh. One can also reach out through phone at 884-2340535.
Also, e-mail can be sent to [email protected].
The resulf of this examination is usually available within 15 days after the candidate has appeared for the examination.
The score of this examination is valid only for the same year in which the candidate has appeared for the examination.
Reservation and Seat Distribution
EAMCET provides reservation to the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC categories. SC candidates are provided the reservation of 6% whereas the students belonging to the ST categories are offered 15% reservation. Candidates belonging to the OBC category are offered 25% reservation whereas the Physically Disabled candidates are allotted reservation on 3% of the total seats.
Candidates whose parents were ex-servicemen are offered 2% reservation, whereas NCC cadets are provided with 1% reservation.
The AP EAMCET examination is the state level examination conducted by the Jawaharlal Technical University. Almost every college acroos Andhra Pradesh accepts the score of this examination. Some of the prime colleges that accept the score of this examination include:
- A M R Instt. of Technology, Mavala, Adilabad
- Bit Institute of Tech., Hindupur
- Gates Institute of Tech., Gooty
- College, Akkampally X Road, Anantapur
- Jntu College of Engg, Anantapur
- Srikrishna Deveraya Engg. College, Gooty
- Moula Ali College of Engg. And Tech., Penukonda
- Sri Krishnadevaraya Univ. Coll. of Engg, Anantapur Chittoor(Ctr)
- Annamacharya Instt. of Tech. & Sci. Venkatapuram, Tirupathi
- Chadalawada Ramanamma Engg. College, Tirupati
- Kuppam Engg. College, Natham, Kuppam
- Madanapally Institute of Tech. & Sci., Madanapally
- Siddharth Institute of Engg. And Tech., Puttur
- Sri Kalahastiswara Institute of Tech., Srikalahasti
- School of Engg. And Tech., Spmvv, Tirupathi
- Srinivasa Institute of Tech. & Mang Studies, Chittoor
- Sri Venkateswara Coll. of Engg. Thimmanaidupalem, Tirupathi
- Sri Venkateswara College of Engg. & Tech., Chittoor
- Sri Vidya Niketan Engg. College, A.Rangampet, Tirupathi
- Sri Venkatesa Perumal College of Engg. And Tech., Puttur East Godavari(Eg)
Counselling and Admission Procedure
As soon as the result of this examination is declared the candidate is reqiured to report at the EAMCET Helpline center alongwith all his original documents. The candidate has to select the timing and day of reporting at the institute.
Here at the center the candidate is required to pay the requiste fee and get his documents verified. Once this is done, the candidate is provided the admission letter and his admission in the institute is confirmed.