KIITEE is an Entrance Test computer based exam conducted by KIIT University. This exam is conducted for Medical, Engineering, and Management candidates.
Structure of Entrance exam:
KIITEE Entrance test is an objective type Computer based test with each questions consisting of four responses with each incorrect answer attracting 1 negative mark. The duration of the exam is 180 minutes (3 hours). The paper is divided into following sections:
- Physics – 40 marks
- Chemistry – 40 marks
- Mathematics – 40 marks
- Physics – 45 marks
- Chemistry – 45 marks
- Biology – 90 marks
The minimum education qualification required to appear in KIITEE Entrance exam for B.tech candidates is a graduate degree from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in Physics, chemistry, mathematics taken together. Age limit for B.tech candidates is born on or after 01.07.1994. For MBBS candidates 10+2 pass with at least 50% marks in Physics, chemistry and biology taken together for general category students and 40% for SC/ST category students and also, there is age limit to appear for the Entrance test candidate must be between lower 17 to maximum 25 years as on 31.12.15. The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
How to apply?
One could download the Application form and prospectus which is available online or one can register online on http://www.kiitee.ac.in or http://www.kiit.ac.in . Candidates opting for online registration must follow certain instructions:
- Open the KIIT website and select online application or else application form can be downloaded.
- Follow the instruction to fill up the form and submit.
- Take the print out of the application form mentioning registration number.
- Paste the photograph in the space provided and signature by both candidates and parent/guardian.
- Despatch the form along with two passport size photographs with 10th mark sheet/pass certificate.
In case candidates have downloaded the application form:
- Fill the form carefully attach photography space provided and signature of candidate.
- And also 10th pass certificate/Mark sheet.
- Candidates must submit in person/by post the downloaded online application form to " The Director, Admissions, KIIT University, Koel Campus, Bhubaneswar – 751024 , Odisha , India "so as to reach on or before Date 03.2015 , 5.00 p.m
Information related to receipt of application form will be available on the website candidates can check their application status after 20 days of its dispatch.
The candidates are required to keep a photocopy of the ‘printed application form’ with them for future references.
The candidates are shortlisted according to the KIITEE Entrance test result. Counselling and allotment of seat is only on the basis of the test result. Counselling schedule will be published in the website after the result is declared candidate must attend the counselling as per the schedule. Counselling will be stopped after all the seats for KIITEE 2015 are filled up. At the time of Counselling candidates must bring their original documents for verification along with token fees.
The notification for the KIITEE 2015 came around november.The date of the exam is declared which is 21 April 2015 to 30 April 2015.
Syllabus for the exam:
The questions paper for B.tech would contain 120 questions in all with an equal weight age given to each section such as:
- Physics - 40
- Chemistry - 40
- Mathematics – 40
- And for Biotechnology question paper would contain 180 questions divided as
- Physics - 45
- Chemistry - 45
- Biology – 90
It would be a 3 hour long paper i.e. 180 minutes to be exact with negative marking for wrong answer 1 mark and a correct answer to be awarded with 4 marks. It would be an objective type question paper. The syllabus is as follows:
- Physics : Units and Measurement , motion in one dimension , laws of motion , motion in two dimension , work , power and energy , rotational motion and moment of inertia , heat and thermodynamics , gravitation , oscillations , electrostatics ,solids and fluids , wave , current electricity , magnetic effect of current , wave optics , magnetostatics , solids and semi-conductors devices etc.
- Chemistry: Some basic concepts , solutions ,chemical energetic and thermodynamics , states of matter , Atomic structure , surface chemistry , chemical equilibrium , redox reactions , chemical bonding and molecular structure , electrochemistry , organic compounds containing oxygen , nuclear chemistry , environmental chemistry , heavy metals , chemistry of non metals , chemistry of representative elements , chemistry of lighter elements , transition metals including lanthanides , coordination chemistry and organic metallic , hydrocarbons , purification and characterisation of organic compounds , organic compounds containing halogens , bio molecules and biological processes , synthetic and natural polymers organic compounds containing nitrogen etc.
- Mathematics: sets, relations and functions, Complex numbers, Algebra, probability, trigonometry, Co-ordinate geometry, calculus, vectors, dynamics and statics.
- Biology (Botany and Zoology ) : diversity in living world , genetics and evolution , cell , plant , animals its structure and functions , biology and human welfare , ecology and environment etc .
B.Tech aspirants are required to study for the physics, chemistry and mathematics syllabus while the biotechnology aspirants are required to study physics, chemistry and biology which includes zoology and botany syllabus.
Important dates to keep in mind (tentative):
Application forms out: 2nd December-20th March’15
Last date of receiving forms: 25th March’15
Last date of hosting admit cards on website: 5th April’15
Exam date: 21th April’15 to 30 th April’15
Result date: 15 th May’15
Counselling session: 2nd June’15-15th June’15
To check the list of test centres for KIITEE 2015, you can go through this link.
Admission Cell (Koel Campus),
Bhubaneswar - 751024
Phone no: 2741747
Fax no: 0674-2741465
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.kiitee.ac.in & www.kiit.ac.in
The result will be out on 15th May 2015. For regular updates, candidates are requested to follow up the college’s official website.
Distribution of seats:
Seats are distributed among different categories of students and a separate merit list is prepared. 15% seats are reserved for Schedule caste, 7.5% seats are reserved for Schedule tribes, and 3% seats are reserved for physically challenged. 30% seats from each category are reserved for female candidates while all the unfilled seats in the end are then converted to general category.
Counselling takes place after the results are announced. Candidates are requested to download their counselling letters from the official website by entering the roll no, name and date of birth. A schedule is put up for document verification and candidate must be present according to the schedule given for the verification. You may click here to check the list of counselling centres of 2014. Below is the list of documents which are required for verification:
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Class 12/HSC certificate
- B.tech or equivalent degree certificate
- Relevant certificate issued by the competent authority, clearly indicating the reservation criteria claimed by the candidate.
- School/College leaving certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Admit card
- Rank card
- Demand Draft of Rs. 62,000 including 6,000 for counselling registration fees in favour of KIIT, Payable at Bhubaneswar.
After the documents are verified, candidates can move on to fill their preferences and they are allowed to fill in as many choices as they want to. After the choices are filled, seats are allotted according to the preference and according to the rank the particular candidate has secured.