Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, New Delhi established Dayanand Institutions, Solapur in June 1940 to celebrate the victory of Satyagraha launched by Arya Samaj against the atrocities and social discrepancies committed by the then ruler of Hyderabad. It is one of the oldest and renowned educational institutions in this part of our country.
Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, New Delhi established D.A.V. Velankar College of Commerce, Solapur in June 1952. In the beginning, the college was affiliated to Bombay University. However, with the establishment of Poona University, it came under its jurisdiction and then it came to be affiliated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur; since its inception in 1962 and since July 2004, it is affiliated to Solapur University, Solapur.
Dayanand Institution of Solapur is spread over an area of 63 acres of land, shared by other three sister concern colleges, with impressive and magnificent buildings, libraries and extensive playgrounds with required amenities. The institute has an Open Air Theatre for hosting cultural and other events with a sitting capacity of 7000 students. It has a spacious multi-purpose Velankar Hall. It has well equipped Air conditioned Seminar Hall. A Boys Hostel with a facility for 370 boarders and a Hostel for Ladies having a facility for 60 incumbents, a canteen, a ladies room, a Dispensary, a Post Office, and a branch of Punjab National Bank with ATM facility are some of the unique features of the institution.
To provide quality education to all at affordable cost with special focus on economically backward and socially deprived students creating contributive environment for research and bringing everyone into the main stream of the society for brighter and progressive India.
- To create conducive environment for quality commerce and Management education.
- To become a leader in promoting education for all the sections of the society from the city and mofussil area.
- To prepare students and the staff members for periodic assessments as a part of scope for further development and also make them aware about environment, gender equality and social as well as cultural sustenance.
- To impart job oriented commerce and management education useful to the industry and society.
- To promote research, innovation, training and consultancy applicable and useful to the industry and society.
- To establish collaboration with various and relevant institutions to upgrade the knowledge and for better service to stakeholders.
- To strive for excellence in teaching-learning process, all-round development of the students.
- To generate equal opportunities for economically backward and socially deprived students especially for girl students.
- To establish interaction and collaborate with industry and strengthen community network.
- To develop research culture among the staff and students.
- To create social awareness through NCC and NSS activities.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|MBA Finance||MAHCET||AI||7 Marks||2016|
|MBA Human Resource Management||MAHCET||AI||7 Marks||2016|
|MBA Marketing||MAHCET||AI||7 Marks||2016|
|MBA Production and Operations Management Systems||MAHCET||AI||65 Marks||2016|
|MBA Production and Operations Management Systems||MAHCET||General||32 Marks||2016|
|MBA Finance||MAHCET||AI||6 Marks||2016|
|MBA Human Resource Management||MAHCET||AI||6 Marks||2016|
|MBA Marketing||MAHCET||AI||6 Marks||2016|
|MBA Production and Operations Management Systems||MAHCET||AI||6 Marks||2016|
|MBA Finance||MAHCET||AI||9 Marks||2016|
|MBA Human Resource Management||MAHCET||AI||9 Marks||2016|
|MBA Marketing||MAHCET||AI||9 Marks||2016|
|MBA Production and Operations Management Systems||MAHCET||AI||9 Marks||2016|
To pursue MBA at DAV students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.