Santosh Medical College and Hospital (SMCH), Ghaziabad was established in 1995 as a private sector institution run by Maharaji Educational Trust. The college has since produced eleven batches of medical graduates. The College is affiliated to Santosh University, Ghaziabad. MCI has since accorded permission and duly recognized to start/ run postgraduate courses in 17 disciplines. Nearly 70 students are presently pursuing their postgraduation courses. The college has been accorded the Deemed Universities Status by the Ministry of HRD, duly recommended by U.G.C. in the year 2007.
Santosh University serves as a unique institution delivering quality medical / dental education and services. A number of institutions function under the auspices of Santosh University providing excellent academic and infrastructural facilities. The institute is dedicated to providing excellent medical & dental education, health care and becoming the home for advanced research activities.
Innovative Teaching, Learning and Evaluation Process at Santosh University
- Santosh University emphasizes on innovative teaching methods and inter-disciplinary focus. Its teaching methodology includes:
- Organ based teaching method
- Delivery of inter-disciplinary programs leveraging strengths across schools – for example, Forensic Odontology
- Innovation – Stem Cell banking
Research carried out by students in emerging areas like chord blood banking, cryopreservation of RBC and tissue engineering
- Apart from adopting innovative teaching methods, Santosh University has also developed an innovative curriculum. It uses a blend of classroom, practical and community engagement to promote holistic learning. The university emphasizes on the following features to promote holistic learning for the students:
- Problem based learning
- Learning based on expert guest lectures, workshops and conferences
- Simulation labs for development of clinical skills (For example – cadaver simulation labs)
- Field immersion programs (For example – School Health Programs for pediatricians)
- Practice based learning (For example – child guidance clinic guided by pediatrician, psychiatrist, clinical psychologist and occupational therapist)
- The use of latest technology is critical for efficient knowledge dissemination. Some instances of the use of technology in Santosh University’s education system are:
- Digital library (e-Publication): Provides remote access to many journals and publications
- Knowledge exchange dissemination using technology: Video-conferencing set-up to enable the delivery of NME-ICT programs
Clinical skill lab: Simulation center to enable the simulation of real-life clinical situations for trainee students
- Santosh University has developed a comprehensive evaluation system to ensure high academic standards. The comprehensive evaluation system includes:
- Formative Assessment
- Summative Assessment
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Objective Structured Practical Examination (OSPE)
- Evaluation by external experts for PhD programs
- Minimum age - 17 years on or before 31st December of the respective year
- For admission to M.B.B.S., B.D.S. - Pass in PCB and English at 10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate taken together from recognized Board (40% marks for reserved category SC/ST/OBC)
Note:The candidate are advised not to submit their applications forms to appear for the test, if they do not fulfill any of the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who do not possess the above qualification at +2 or any other equivalent examination
- Candidates who are presently undergoing any of the professional courses
- Candidates who have already joined in any of the professional colleges
That the G.O. Issued by the Competent Authority from time to time will be strictly followed in the matter of reservation of seats for admission to the various courses for which the entrance test is being conducted by the Association.
For more details about admission please contact :-
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBBS/BDS at Santosh Medical College students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The candidate should be 17 years old (as on 31st December of the admission year). He/She should have appeared for an exam cosidered to be equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam and studied PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The candidate should have studied English at 10+2 level. Candidate satisfying any of the following criteria are also eligible -
1) Candidates who have appeared for Intermediate examination in science with subjects PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English. Those who have appeared for pre-professional/pre-medical exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and have appeared for 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or intermediate exam are also eligible.
2) Candidates who have passed the first year of a 3 year degree course with subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology are also eligible.
3)Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and who have cleared 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam with PCB are also eligible.
Marks obtained in Maths are not considered for admission into the MBBS course.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
For post-graduation courses, performance in first, second and MBBS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.