Silver Jubilee Government Degree College Derives Its Name From The Fact That It Was Founded On The Silver Jubilee Of Independent India By The Then Prime Minister Mr. P.V. Narasimha Rao And Chief Minister Shri M. V. Rajagopal. It Is Located In Kurnool District Of Andhra Pradesh And Was Made Autonomous In 2005 By University Grants Commission, New Delhi. College Has A Large Campus Spread Over 27 Acres Of Land With 26 Departments Offering 14 UG Courses, 5 PG Courses And 3 Certificate Courses. Most Of The Faculties In This College Have Post Graduation As Their Highest Degree Of Education. Currently, Teaching Is Done According To The Semester System With 180 Teaching Days Every Year. This College Is Known For The Top Quality Education That Is Provided To The Students.
Silver Jubilee Government Degree College Facts and Figures:
Founded In : 18 October, 1972
Founded by : Government of Andhra Pradesh
Accredited by : National Accreditation and Assessment Council, Bangalore
Students selection criteria : Students are selected by an entrance test from three parts Telangana, Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema in ratio of 36:42:22
Campus : Hazira (Surat)–Dhule–Nagpur–Raipur–Kolkata National Highway 6.
How to Reach : -1.5Kms from Kotla railway station, Andhra Pradesh, -5.3 kms from Kurnool railway station, -3-hour drive from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
Why join Silver Jubilee Government Degree College?
Impressive Teacher-Student Ratio: College Has Large Strength Of Teachers That Are Responsible For Imparting Quality Education To The Students So That They Grow As Global Leaders In The Future.
NCC And NSS Activities: In Addition To Imparting Education, NCC And NSS Activities Are Also Organized In College That Help Students To Develop Their Leadership And Team Coordination Skills That Are Essential For Working In Any Organisation.
1. Annual General Body meetings are held, conventionally on 2nd October, the Gandhi Jayantrhi Day of every year .
2. Institution of scholarships and distribution of prizes to meritorious students are undertaken .
3. Senior members of the Fraternity who have reached high positions in the society are encouraged and taken to visit the college as Role Models to provide inspiration and guidance to the students.
4. A word given to the NAAC is kept up by collecting Rs.1 lakh from its members and spent it to provide 150 thick moulded chairs with arms rests , very convenient in the class rooms and examination halls .
5. Fraternity members are nominated as special invitees and as members of the Executive Council & Academic Council of the Autonomous Silver Jubilee Government College to effectively plead on behalf of the students and faculty to attain academic excellence and to enhance the job potential for the students leaving the portals of the college .
6. An e-mail ID <[email protected] a> is created for the Fraternity , to facilitate the members to keep in contact and provide feed back on their needs and developments.
7. A Monthly & Bilingual News letter with the Title ' SILVERJUBILIAN ' is beig registered and will be published to disseminate information to the members about the latest situation about the college and the Fraternity.
Mobile No : +91 - 944 077 8999
Telephone No : +91 - 040 - 27 555 656
EMail : [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|