Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya, Kolkatta was established in 1968. The college is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The college strives to instigate quality education to prepare individuals who can provide exemplary service in the changing global scenario and inculcate the core values within the student community. The aim of the college is to inhibit the cramming prescribed syllabus and evaluating the memory capacity in producing the same within a stipulated time period for superficial competition and comparison. The objective of the college is to indulge in developing sustainable and innovative teaching method, initiate a positive and nurturing learning environment and to inspire the student community.
Contribute to University’s advancement of learning through our own vision and mission.
Committed to targets for academic excellence.
Our college strives to
- Instigate quality education to prepare individuals who can provide exemplary service in the changing global scenario.
- Inculcate the core values within our student community.
- Imbibe perseverance in accelerating the academic pursuits.
- Inhibit cramming the prescribed syllabus and evaluating the memory capacity in producing the same within a stipulated time period for superficial competition and comparison.
- Include the weaker and disadvantaged section of the community as a successful part of our student community.
- Indulge in developing sustainable and innovative teaching methods.
- Initiate a positive and nurturing learning environment.
- Introspect the management of the college towards advancement of learning.
- Inspire the student community.
Why Join Sri Gurudas Mahavidyalaya, Kolkata?
- Facilities: It offers numerous facilities to its students which include spacious classrooms, library, computer laboratory with latest technology software, seminar halls, auditorium, indoor and sports facilities, health center, common rooms for boys and girls and canteen. It has a grievance redressal cell for its students. It has been progressively working to improve their facilities by adding new buildings, courses, extending its affiliation, laboratories. It has also been planning to introduce a separate campus for science and technology. The library provides lending facility and plans to offer institutional membership for the American Center Library and British Library to its students. For the security of its students, they also have CCTV surveillance.
- Awards and Accolades:In the year of 2009-2010, the NSS unit of Sri Gurudas Mahavidyalaya was awarded ‘The Best NSS Unit’ by the University of Calcutta.It was also awarded ‘The Best NSS College’ by theUniversity of Calcutta, for the year 2010-2011.
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Bengal
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Education
- Department of Political Science
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. (91)(33) 2356 5001/6176/6726
(91) (33) 2356 1998(Fax)
email : firstname.lastname@example.org