Institute of Management
SVPM institute of management was established in the year 1995 in the rural district of Pune. The college has a mission of imparting quality management education and at the same time create all round leaders and managers. The college has a mission to see be recognised as one of the top most institutes in the field of management and fulfil the business requirement of the corporate sector.
How to Apply
Candidates seeking admission to this course need to fill in the application form provided at the Institute. They need to submit all the relevant documents after which they are called in for GD and interview process.
The Institute takes admission strictly on the basis of score achieved in the CET organised by Government of Maharashtra, however 24 institutional seats are allotted based on the aptitude test conducted by the institute, after which there are GD and Interview rounds.
Candidates who have appeared in any of the examination such as CAT/XAT/MAT are exempted from aptitude test however they are required to appear for Interview and GD rounds.
SVPM offers a 2-year full-time course in management, for which it takes 120 students annually.
The criteria for cut – off is as generalized by the government of Maharashtra.
A candidate who wants to pursue an MBA course from SVPM must have a graduate degree from a recognised university. Also, he should have secured more than 50% in his graduation accompanied by a valid score of GMAT/CAT/XAT/GRE or should have appeared for CET.
- The college has a centralised library with more than 7000 books and a subscription to 70 journals. It is also connected to high-speed internet to provide e-learning to the students.
- It has a full fledged open field for students to be a part of various sports related activities and be healthy.
- Other miscellaneous facilities include Medical Centre, Staff Quarters, Consumer store for daily needs, Gymnasium,
A Separate hostel for both boys and girls are provided. They are served with quality foods. Also, there is 24-hour water and electricity supply.
- The list of companies that recruited students from the 2013-15 batch were Airtel India, Ananth Rathi Securities, Bharat Froske, SBI Bank,
- To know more about the placement of SVPM MBA course you can visit this link http://mgmt.svpm.org.in/training.php
The fee structure for the Master of Business Administration(MBA)are mentioned as under:
- Total Fees: - 90,000/- for per year
- Tuition fees is 84112
- Development Charges is 5888
*Other Expenses such as hostel, books and uniform cost all account for Rs. 20,000/-
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at SVPM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.