Prafulla Chandra College, Kolkata was established in 1954 by the Brahmo Samaj Education Society and is subsequently named in the memory of the internationally acclaimed scientist and educationist, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Roy. This leading evening college is affiliated to the University of Calcutta in 1955, recognized by the University Grants Commission in 1961, accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council in 2007 and converted into a co-educational institution by the University of Calcutta in 2012. It offers three-year degree courses in the bachelor’s of Arts, Science and Commerce.
The mission statement, “Shraddhaban Lavate Gyanam”, articulates the college’s dedication to wisdom. It can be developed by an optimistic, courteous attitude through listening to others. Reverence and trust in ourselves teach us to respect others as we obtain knowledge. Accordingly, the college encourages life-long learning to make the students confident, to take initiative, to develop awareness for human values, to become responsible citizens and ultimately help them to accomplish their desired goals. In this process the needs of the students in particular and the needs of the society in general are addressed, institutional traditions and values are preserved and vision for the future is targeted to reach.
- To provide opportunities of higher education to the right students irrespective of their socio-economic, religious and linguistic status.
- To encourage the students to gain confidence and values to prepare themselves for university examinations and to help them reach to academic excellence.
- To provide inexpensive education to the deserving students without compromising on the quality of education and standard of infrastructure.
- To provide academic and allied support to understand the opportunities and threats of modern life.
- To ignite the flames of intellectual curiosity and devotion to sound knowledge needed for serving the cause of mankind through its application.
Why to join Prafulla Chandra College (Evening)?
- Experienced Faculty Members- College has well qualified teaching staff having good experience in the field of education.
- Academic Facilities- College excellent support facilities like gymnasium, health care center, computer laboratory, seminar hall, auditorium and Library.
- Remedial classes- College conducts remedial classes sponsored by UGC for the scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and religious minority students coming from the non-creamy layers of the society to help them.
- Scholarships- College provides various scholarships to the weaker section society students in terms of fee concessions.
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Bengali
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Information Technology
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone - 033 2461 2689 / 1236 ; 033 2460 2160
E-mail: [email protected]