Marthoma College of Management and Technology was established in 2005 as a full-fledged business school. The College has ‘Minority Educational Institution’ status granted by the National Minority Commission for Educational Institutions, Government of India. MCMAT, one of thetop MBA colleges in keralaoffers MBA program affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, recognised by the Government of Kerala and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The two year MBA program is conducted in four semesters and offers a wide range of specializations. The AICTE has approved an additional intake from 2012. The College has been consistently performing in both academic as well as placements. The national ‘B’ – School Surveys have placed MCMAT as one among the top 5 institutions in Kerala and top 25 institutions in South India. MCMAT has national and international level linkages with industries and educational institutions. MCMAT is the only MBA College of MTEA Society of the Mar Thoma Syrian Church.
At MCMAT we propagate our philosophy of change with our dictum “Future is now” to grow beyond the average, going the extra mile and striving to become winners. At MCMAT,we transform the students into highly motivated management professionals through our campus learning experiences of activity oriented skills and leadership development. The focus of MCMAT,is in the holistic development of a ‘Management student’ by developing qualities of questioning, reflecting and understanding. We train, nurture and equip them by giving complete freedom of thinking and action to lead organizations and industries in the global environment.
Marthoma College of Management and Technology (MCMAT), Kerala was established in 2005 by Mar Thoma Evangelistic Association (MTEA). The College has ‘Minority Educational Institution’ status granted by the National Minority Commission for Educational Institutions, Government of India.
- Vision of the college is “To develop future leaders for the service of the country and the whole world. We will do this by helping our students to develop the right attitudes, skills and knowledge”
- Mission of the college is “To bring students to the enquiry mode so as to develop qualities of questioning, reflecting and understanding instead of accepting, reading and memorizing”
- The nearest railway station is just 15 km and the airport is just 12 kms from the institute
- College is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University
- Business Administration School of Bellarmine University, KY, USA
- Mar Thoma Syrian Church
- Paper presentation
- FRATRES 2014-It is a national level management festival organized by the college. It gives all the upcoming managers an opportunity to show their skills, talents and competitive tactics and prove themselves that they are the best.
- Scintillantia 2014-It is a National Level Inter Collegiate Cross-fire Debate Competition.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at MCMAT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.