Management Institute of Durgapur (MID) is a premier non-Government Management Institute in West Bengal with industry oriented research activities offering an unrivalled ring of education and research opportunities of outstanding breath and quality. It is located strategically on G. T. Road (NH-2) between Durgapur and Panagarh. This premiere Institute is the flagship Institute of Rahul Foundation. It offers various professional courses in Business Administration and Computer Application approved by AICTE and WBUT. It has already established itself as a fastest growing Business School in West Bengal, with an established vision of preparing students in order to accept challenges of liberalized economy.
Affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), the Institute enjoys the approval of All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India. Under successful manifestation of the dynamic vision of an enlightened industrialist, Mr. R. N. Majumder, MID is conceptualized on the reckoning of the growing need for high quality management education in Eastern region. The Institute has already registered a hopping growth fulfilling the expectations of the students and the needs of the Industry & other sectors in the process of socio-economic development of the nation.Students are admitted based on merit on being qualified in the designated test having valid score as applicable. The Institute is led by a Faculty Member committed to the advancement of knowledge and the guidance to the students in the attainment of rigorous academic goals. The curriculum includes significant coursework, a concomitant dedication to scholarly research that complement the Institute’s commitment to excellence.The MID, since its inception, has maintained a close interaction with outside knowledge organizations in the efforts to absorb upgrade new emerging management practices. Because of its relentless efforts to achieve higher level of excellence, the Institute has emerged as a reliable educational destination by dint of its state of the art infrastructure, quality management, excellent academic ambience, ultra-modern learning resources and methods.In a bid to provide the students a cutting edge and to etch out fine professionals of tomorrow, MID is conducting industry-specific intense training programmes. These programmes are to develop integrated competence keeping in mind the current and future needs of the industry and other sectors.The Institute has steadfastly adhered to policies of serving both the industry and the educational development of West Bengal by maintaining a steady supply of efficient and skilled professionals.
- To be a World Class Knowledge Enterprise, striving for academic and professional excellence in management education, research and development, service to Industry, society and nation.
- To faster enterprising spirit among the students;
- To create avenues for management education and research in new and emerging management areas;
- To create a technology savvy campus and to impart value based education;
- To create synergetic partnership with Industries and different R& D organization;
- To create and sustain an academic environment conductive to academic and professional excellence;
- To provide world class technical education to the inspired youth joining the Institute through tough competitive admission process;
- To create environment to facilitate promotion of technology and management incubation and appropriate research and development.
Why to Join Management Institute of Durgapur, Durgapur?
- Internships: Every year during the summer the Institute sends its students for internships during the summer to those companies that the institute is tied up with for hands-on training.
- Publishing support: The Journal of the Institute is from the Computer Application and Business Administration departments and has been going on since June 2008. Students can publish their research papers in the same.
- Infrastructure: The best world class infrastructure with a Wi-Fi campus, an art library, a computer lab the latest advanced computing systems with LAN and Internet connectivity, LCD projection system with microphones and also a public address system, a gymnasium, well maintained libraries, a spacious auditorium, etc.
- Library: A well-stocked library with over 10000 books and a large collection area for reading that can accommodate students and faculty. These books and journals are the latest national and international issues. With the help of these journals, newspapers and books, the students have access to the most up-to-date and smartest trends in the industry. There is also the online library, CD-ROMS, audio-visual material, etc.
- Faculty: Known for having excellent faculty who are well qualified, mature yet proactive and student friendly, the Institute also enjoys having faculty that are research driven who also have excellent teaching skills because of their knowledge and research. The faculty is dedicated and use practical methods of teaching that the students find useful in the business industry. Personal attention is given to students.
- Recruitment: The Training and Placement Cell of the Institute helps with the necessary placement assistance to the students. It is monitored by best of the expert professionals who have an industry and academic background. It is run by expert professionals who have associations with renowned Corporate Houses, headhunters, placement consultants and recruitment companies.
Facts & Figures :-
|How to Reach||G. T. Road (NH-2) between Durgapur and Panagarh|
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone:(0343)2520712 ; (0343)2520713
Fax: (0343) 2520881
E-Mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at MID students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.