Latha Mathavan Engineering College was established in the year 2007 and is run by Karrupiah Pillai Theivanai Ammal Educational Trust. The college is spread over a large area surrounded by greenery. The institution provides excellent infrastructure to its students including well equipped labs, well stocked libraries, auditorium, eateries etc. It also provides transport facility to its students.
It offers courses in engineering which includes:
- Department of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Electronics Engineering and others
It includes courses in science and applied arts as well.
Admission is done on the basis of the performance of the candidate in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET).
The college also holds an impressive placement record with increasing number of students being placed every year. It also trains its students in acquiring skills which will make them desirable in the job market.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to apply
Eligible candidates may apply to LMEC for both the B.E./B.Tech courses and M.E./M.Tech Courses. B.Tech courses are available in the field of Civil engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Mechanical engineering and M.E./M.Tech courses are offered in the field of CAD/CAM.
For entry into the B.E./B.Tech courses, candidates belonging to general category need to get a minimum of 50% in the Higher Secondary examination or equivalent examination, Backward classes (BC) including backward Muslims need a minimum of 45% and MBC, DNC, SC, ST, and SCA candidates need 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics aggregate.
To be eligible for admission into M.E/M.Tech courses, general candidates need 50%in the qualifying degree examination and SC/ST candidates need 45%.
Application forms can be downloaded from the college website-www.lathamathavan.edu.in
Application forms must be completely filled up and submitted along with relevant attested copies of mark sheets and other documents as requested by the college authorities.
Hostel and Facilities
LMEC provides separate hostels for both boys and girls. The hostels are very well equipped and come with the following features:-
- The hostel buildings are set amidst serene natural beauty with mountains and lush greenery all around
- The hostel rooms are big and airy with attached bathrooms
- The hostels have very good dining halls providing clean and healthy food for the students
- 24*7 supply of mineral water
- Round the clock internet and telephone facilities
- Indoor and outdoor games facilities
The LMEC campus has excellent modern facilities for its students and has the following salient features:-
- Hi tech computer workstation
- 24*7 internet connection across the campus
- An excellent library with digital services such as –OPAC (for digitally locating books), DELNET (for resource sharing among libraries), NPTEL (for providing IIT lecture videos to students)
- Anti ragging cell
- Student counselling services
- Transport facilities for students from rural and far away areas with own fleet of buses
- Placement services
- Indoor and outdoor sports such as cricket, football, handball, volleyball, chess, carom and more.
The students regularly participate in sports meets and also in the NCC (National Cadet Corps). The college organizes various placement and training workshops and college events such as- Annual Day’2018, Job Fair 2018 , E-Care India Recruitment’2018 , Annual Sports meet’2017 , NCC blood donation camp and trekking camps’2017 , Swachh Bharat 2017.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|BE Electronics And Communication Engineering||TNEA||General||111 Marks||2015|
|BE Civil Engineering||TNEA||MBC||85 Marks||2015|
|BE Civil Engineering||TNEA||Schedule Caste||94 Marks||2015|
|BE Civil Engineering||TNEA||General||97 Marks||2016|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||TNEA||General||83 Marks||2016|