Distance Learning Mba in Pune in 2023
Why should one opt for a Distance MBA from Pune?
Known as Oxford of east, Pune has a large number of full and distance education institutes. Symbiosis, DY Patil, Bharati Vidyapeeth, MIT are some of the popular universities in the city. Many of them also offer distance mba programs in Pune.
Distance MBA Universities in Pune
Pune is home to many regional and national universities. Universities that offer distance MBA programs are –
- DY Patil University
- Symbiosis University
- Pune University
- MIT WPU
Besides, there are many national universities with their local centers in pune. ICFAI University, IGNOU, Sikkim Manipal University are some of the popular universities that offer distance MBA in Pune.
Symbiosis is the most popular distance education university in Pune. It is one of the oldest distance institute in the country. The distance MBA programs offered by Symbiosis are quite affordable.
|Institute offering distance MBA in Pune||Affiliations|
|D.Y. Patil (DYPU)||UGC-DEB, AICTE, NAAC (A++), AIU, ISO, ACU|
|MIT School of Distance Education||DEB, AICTE|
|Symbiosis center, distance education||AICTE|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth, School of Distance Education||UGC-DEB, NAAC (A+), AICTE, NBA|
|Pune University School of Open and Distance Learning||UGC, ABET, NAAC (A),|
Symbiosis international university offers Post Graduate diploma programs in management. These are approved by AICTE and UGC.
DY Patil is an upcoming deemed-to-be-university. Its programs are approved by UGC. DY Patil University received NAAC A++ grade. DY Patil Institute of Distance Learning is an active member of the Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA).
Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune Distance Learning has also been accredited by NAAC with A+ grade, and also has relevant DEB approvals.
Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria in Pune
To be eligible for a distance MBA in Pune, student should be a graduate from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). DY Patil requires that the students should be at least 18 years of age.
Pune University requires that the student should have at least 2 years of work experience after graduation. Bharati Vidyapeeth asks for 3 years of work experience.
IGNOU requires the candidate to clear it own entrance test i.e OPENMAT.
Furthermore, most colleges also require a minimum aggregate of around 50% to be eligible for admissions.
Distance MBA in Pune Fee Structure
The fees for distance MBA offered by institutes in Pune ranges from Rs.48,500/- to Rs.1,05,000/-
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning||1-5 yrs to 2 yrs||Rs 70,000-1,05,000 (Depending upon the specialization)|
|MIT School of Distance||1-5 yrs to 2 yrs||Rs. 59,000/-|
|DY Patil Institute of Distance Education||2 yrs||Rs.1,30,000/-|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth, School of Distance Education||2 yrs||Rs. 48,500/-|
|Pune University School of Open and Distance Learning||2 years||Rs. 60,820/-|
|Directorate of Distance Education, Sikkim Manipal University||2 years||Rs. 80,000/-|
|IGNOU, Gokhalenagar||2 years||Rs.62,000/-|
Distance MBA in Pune Specialization Offered
Distance MBA institutes in Pune offer popular MBA specializations like Finance, Marketing, HR, IT, etc. But since the city houses many manufacturing units, specializations in Operations, Supply Chain Management, logistics are also offered.
|Marketing||Suppy Chain Management||Agribusiness|
|IT||Project Management||Production and Operation|
|Operations||Hospital Administration and Health Management||International Business|
|HR||International Business Management|
Distance MBA in Pune Placements
Most institutes offer Placement assistance to students through a dedicated placement cell. For example, MIT School of Distance Learning provides placement support and provides for students a placement form to understand the job eligibility of the students. The average package offered at MITSDE is around Rs 25,000 per month, which varies with work experience.
Similarly, DY Patil University has a separate placement cell, to help students and offers 100% Placement assistance.
Distance MBA Colleges in Pune
D.Y. Patil (DYPU)
DY Patil University (Deemed University) is a private university that was founded in 1983. It is situated in Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pune. All online programmes at DYPU are UGC-approved, as well as NAAC and AICTE recognised. In 2018, DYPU began offering distance education.
- The MBA course is 2 years and can be completed in a maximum of 4 years.
- Course is further broken down into 4 semesters, each lasting six months along with project work.
- The university provides course material in PDF, paper, and audio-visual formats.
As part of its Distance MBA programme, DYPU offers the following 14 specialisations
|Human Resource Management||Marketing Management||Finance Management||IT Management|
|Project Management||Operations Management||Hospital Administration & Health Care Management||International Business Management|
|FinTech Management||Business Analytics Management||Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||Logistics, Materials and Supply Chain Management|
|Block Chain Management||Digital Marketing Management|
The following are the criteria for the MBA programme at DYPU:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognised university.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or 45% if they are from a reserved category.
- There is no maximum age.
Total fee for the distance MBA at DY Patil is Rs.1,30,000/- which can be paid in two installments over 2 years. The institute also offers certain fee waivers
- The total fee is for MBA course is Rs 1,30,000/-
- Fee for Defense Personnel – Rs.1,25,000
- Fee for university Staff – Rs.1,15,000/-
- Fee for international students – UDS 2700
MIT School of Distance Education
MIT School of Distance Education (MITSDE) is a private institution in Pune. MITSDE is regarded as one of INDIA’s top five excellent distant education schools. The AICTE and UGC-DEB have both approved MIT. Distance education began in 2008.
- The MIT distance MBA programme lasts two years. The course is organised into four semesters for the convenience.
The various specialisation offered at MITSDE in distance MBA program are:
|Marketing Management||Human Resource Management||Operations Management|
|Construction and Project Management||Supply Chain Management||Material Management|
|Financial Services Management||IT Management||Project Management|
|Digital Marketing||Business Analytics||Finance Management|
- A bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognised university is required for admission to MIT’s MBA programme.
- The total price for an MIT distance education MBA is Rs. 59,000.
Symbiosis center, distance education
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) was founded in 2001 and has since served students from all across the country and beyond. It is located in Pune, Maharashtra. It is India’s largest independent distant learning education institute.
- Symbiosis Distance MBA programmes last two years and include four semesters.
- Students pursuing a distance MBA who are unable to finish the programme in 2 years must complete within 4 years.
|Human Resource Management||Finance Management||Marketing Management|
|Operations Management||Management Accounting||Customer Relationship Management|
|Banking & Finance Management||IT Management||International Business|
|Export and Import Management||Retail Management||Insurance Management|
|Supply Chain Management||Project Management||Business and Cooperate Laws|
|Labour Laws and Employee Relations||Renewable Energy Management||Media and event Management|
The following are the criteria for the MBA programme at SCDL:
- The student must be a graduate of a recognised university in any field.
- International students who hold a legitimate degree from a recognised university are also eligible to apply.
- Students in their final year who are awaiting their results can also apply for the programme.
- Symbiosis’ distance MBA programme costs INR 70,000/- in total.
- Application, Exam and project fees must be paid separately.
The more details about the fees is given below:
|Category||Fees (in Rs)|
Bharti Vidyapeeth, School of Distance Education
The Bharati Vidyapeeth, deemed to be university, was founded in Pune in 1964. Bharati Vidyapeeth University is also NAAC-accredited with an A rating and has appropriate DEC approvals.
- The MBA programme is of 24 months (2 years).
Various specialised courses offered by Bharati Vidyapeeth are as follows:
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- International Business Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Agribusiness Management
- Retail Management
To get accepted to Bharti Vidyapeeth, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) in any discipline.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) from a recognised university.
- The total fee for MBA programme at Bharti Vidyapeeth is Rs 1,00,000/-
Pune University School of Open and Distance Learning
The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), commonly referred to as UniPune, is situated in Pune, an Indian city. It was started back in 1949. It has been given the UGC seal of approval and received an “A” rating from NAAC. According to NIRF 2022, UniPune is one of the top 12 institutions in India. Distance learning began in the year 2018.
- The MBA programme is of 24 months (2 years).
As part of its Distance MBA programme, SPPU offers the following specialisations:
|Business Analytics||Banking Management|
|Financial Management||Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|Human Resource Management||Pharma & Healthcare Management|
|International Business Management||Operation & Supply Chain Management Marketing Management|
|Marketing Management||Project Management Financial Management|
The following are the criteria for the MBA programme at Pune University:
- Candidates must have a three-year bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST, disability candidates from Maharashtra State only) from a recognised university.
- After completing a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of two years of work/professional experience is necessary.
The total fees charged for Distance MBA at Pune university is Rs.60,820 for university students and Rs.67,600 for students from other universities.
Last Updated: 1-Dec-2022