FMS Executive MBA
About Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) was established under the patronage of Delhi University as a Cell for Business Management and MBA for working executives in 1954. It is one of the oldest B-school in India and is also known as the “Red Building of Dreams”.
In 1982, the new campus with better amenities was launched at South Campus. FMS increased seats from 60 to 90 and started a new campus at South Campus.
Other than the renowned MBA Executive (Evening) program, it offers the following courses-
- MBA (Full Time)
- Management Development Programs (For corporate only)
- Doctoral Course
FMS Executive MBA
FMS offers 2 Executive Programs- MBA Executive & MBA Executive (Health Care Administration). The duration of both the programs is 2 years and admission is based on CAT 2018 score followed by Group discussion and Personal Interview.
FMS Admission and Application Procedure
The step by step application process is mentioned below:
- The application form can be filled online available on the official website. Once the form is completed the candidate will be redirected to the Internet Payment Gateway section where he/ she would make payment using Credit/ Debit Card.
- Requisite fee of Rs 1000 for General, OBC and CW (Rs350 for SC/ST/PWD category) candidates for each programme has to be paid by the students.
- After this the applicant will be redirected to the main website where he/ she may find a form in admit card format, the candidate must download and print the form and affix a latest passport size photograph in the given section and must put his sign and thumbprint on the hard copy.
- Once done, the form should be attached with Category/ Caste certificate (if applicable), NOC from the current employer and send it at the following address:
Faculty of Management Studies,
University of Delhi,
- The duly signed application form must reach to the mentioned address latest by 3rd week of December.
- The eligible candidates are selected on the basis of following components-
||2 marks for every 5% marks over and above 40% marks subject to a maximum of 20 marks.
||3 marks for every one year of completed experience beyond
5 years of experience subject to a maximum of 30 marks.
|General Ability Test
||A candidate is required to take a test on Management
Aptitude and General Awareness as per date and time announced by FMS.
||To be conducted individually for all the candidates.
FMS Executive MBA Fee Structure
Below mentioned is the distribution of the FMS executive MBA fee structure–
||Fee (Per Year)
||Installment Option (Yes/No)
||2 Installments of Rs 25,000 each
|MBA Executive (Health Care Administration)
||2 Installments of Rs 25,000 each
Scholarships offered at FMS
There are 4 below-mentioned scholarships available at FMS –
First 10 toppers of 2nd year are eligible based on the academic performance in the first year of regular PGDM/ MBA.
Amount- INR 150,000 for each Management Student
2. Aditya Birla
The top 20 students (in terms of their entrance exam ranking at the time of admission) are eligible to apply through the Dean of the respective Institute.
Amount- INR 175,000 p.a.
3. Central Government Scholarship for SC/ST students
FMS Executive MBA Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree (10+3+3/10+2+4/10+2+3) from a recognized university in any discipline with minimum 45% after formal schooling of at least 12 years.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- She/ he should have at least five years of experience as an executive or an administrator in a commercial/government establishment/registered organization after passing the Bachelor’s degree examination. Experience shall be determined as on the 1st April of the year of admission.
- The Candidate should be either sponsored or must produce a “No Objection Certificate” from his/ her present employer allowing to pursue the programme.
For Reserved Categories
The OBC candidates get a flexibility of 10% in the cut-off marks of qualifying examination in respect to the General cut-off marks (exp. If the qualifying marks for general is 50% then for OBC candidates it is 45% i.e. 10% from 50).
SC/ ST candidates must pass the qualifying examination (i.e. the minimum pass marks of University of Delhi). Also, SC/ ST candidates who have passed qualifying exam from any other University with at least marks same as that of passing marks of DU’s qualifying examination are also eligible.
Below are the details of reservation in the seats for SC, ST, OBC, Physically Disabled and Supplementary Reservations for family members of Armed Forces officers.
Reserved Categories Seat Reservation- MBA Executive
|Total Number of Seats
Reserved Categories Seat Reservation MBA Executive Health Care Administration
|Total Number of Seats
Below is the list specializations offered at FMS-
MBA- Executive HCA (Health Care Administration)
The 2-year course is divided into 4 semesters. The first year classes of both programmes are held jointly. The allocation of the campus is then done keeping in view the availability of infrastructural facilities and candidates’ proximity of the work place.
Candidate pursuing MBA Executive (Health care Administration) programme will be required to choose all their elective courses from the Health Care Administration and Contemporary Courses areas only.
The first year has 14 core courses carrying 100 marks each.
The course concentrates on imparting management fundamentals like Human Resource, Organizational Behavior and Managing Transitions, Marketing Management, Managerial Finance, Quantitative Methods, Managing Information Technology, etc.
In second year, when the student chooses specializations she/ he has 4 core courses and 9 elective courses in finance, marketing, systems, strategy, leadership and entrepreneurship.
The programs are approved by NCTE and NAAC. The college is autonomous by nature and is affiliated to the University of Delhi. It is also a founding member of the Association of Management Development Institute in South Asia (AMIDSA).
The university has MOU’s with the following International Universities/Schools-
- Wisconsin University, USA
- University of California, USA
- University Bielefend, Germany
- Manchester Business School, England
- INSEAD, France
- ESADE, Spain
- Katholieke, Belgium
- Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands
The institute is also active with its student’s exchange program. Below is the list of college/associations the institute is associated with-
- Lahore University of Management Studies, Pakistan
- IAE de Lyon Business of the Universite Jean Moulin, France
- Ind0-Korean Youth Exchange Program, South Korea
- Indian Youth Delegation to China
Below is the ranking of Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi by few popular Magazines-
|Name of Magazine
||Year or Ranking
||Super League 1 (95%ile)
Last Date (Important Dates)
|Online Registration Open
||1st week of October, 2018
|Online Registration Close
||3rd week of November, 2018
|Last Date to Submit Signed Copy of Application
||3rd week of December, 2018
The Administrative Officer,
Faculty of Management Studies
University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007
Telephone- 011-2766 6382/6383/6384
Fax- 011-2766 7183
Email- [email protected]
The college does not offer Distance MBA and thus has no centers outside the Main Campus. For the executive MBA program the college conducts evening classes from Monday through Saturday.
The executive MBA from FMS holds excellent placement record of 100%. Though most of the candidates continue to work for the company they are presently working in. The average salary offered is around 21 Lakhs. The highest salary offered to the 2018 batch was Rs 54 Lakhs.
In 2018, over 100 candidates were offered stipends above 1 Lakh per month, while 40 candidates were offered Rs 80,000. Specialization in Consulting was offered the maximum salary followed by finance.
Few top recruiters are as listed below-
- Tata Communications
- Aditya Birla Group
- Indian Oil
- Axis Bank