MBA in Aviation Management: Brief Summary
||MBA in Aviation Management
||Graduation with at least 45-50%
||Rs 2,50,000- Rs 11,00,000
|Average Starting Salary
||The candidate should have a full-time Bachelor’s degree for at least 3 years. Some institutes prefer aggregate of at least 50%.
||CAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/NMAT/MHCET/UPES Entrance Test/Jain University Entrance Test
|Top recruiting companies
||DRDO, Air Force, FedEx Corporation, Flight Safety International Inc., Birmingham Airport Authority, National Transportation Safety Board, Federal Aviation Administration, Amazon Logistics Division
Why MBA in Aviation Management?
Management professionals in Aviation Management are a standout amongst other administration specialization. Students get the opportunity to acquire the abilities that would assist them to come up with the regularly evolving industry. Graduates in Aviation management are adept at discerning the critical elements of flight, ground, cost adequacy in addition to administration aptitudes to foresee and govern the business difficulties and open the doors for the blooming of the organization.
With the gigantic development in the aviation industry, the specialization in Aviation Management is one of the upcoming trends that allures the youngsters consistently for its’ spectacular living standards and fruitful jobs.
For admission into the course, candidates need to be at least a graduate from a recognized university.
MBA in aviation management personnel mostly work with the various national and international airline companies and there are over 247 airlines registered under the International Air Transport Association (IATA) that proffer huge career opportunities to the graduates in the airline field.
Aviation Management graduates are offered the job roles where they generally work outdoors as they need to govern the various day-to-day operations of airlines and airport. Most of them are placed with the ATC, airlines, aircraft manufacturers, flight schools, and contractors under the private and public sector. They need to have flexible work hours as the aviation industry operates 24*7 hours. It requires continual supervision of administrators to inspect the working of various departments efficiently.
MBA in Aviation Management Job Roles and Career Opportunities
The following are few of the common job roles played by MBAs in Aviation Management:
- Airport Manager – They are iin charge of the general aircraft operations and safety at a given air terminal. This position generally extends in scope from little, rustic airplane terminals to real hectic metropolitan regions with a steady stream of local and worldwide flights. The recruiters who employ this position are either the city government or the private airport owners.
- Human Resources Manager – This sort of expert has practical experience in working with aviation faculty and settling worker issues. The personnel in this field must be skilled enough in tackling with the aviation-based challenges.
- Airport Operations Manager – The manager at this position guarantees safe take off and the arrival of all the airplanes on a particular airport. It usually operates as a link between the ATC and the support staff nearby.
- Cargo Operations Manager –They are in charge to administer and synchronize the ventures of the ground crew in loading, unloading and shielding the aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Airport Traffic Controllers – This position plays a major role in the airport as they are expected to line up the schedules of flights. They are the ones to give the signs for arrival and take off.
- Aviation Faculty –Graduates in Aviation management also have the chance to work as Aviation Professors. These people engage with the flight schools. Those who aspire to learn and teach aviation can choose this career of sharing their insight with the coming generations.
Here are few other career prospects in the Aviation Industry:
- Aviation Planner
- Customer Relationship Manager – Airlines
- Financial Analyst for airlines
- Operations Analyst for airlines
- Purchasing Manager for airlines
- Senior Staff Analyst for airlines
- Territory Manager – Corporate Sales
MBA in Aviation Management: Salary
The aviation industry has developed a long way in the current years. With its firm growth rate and the high demand of such professionals, the average pay scale offered to MBA in Aviation Management freshers in this field varies from Rs. 4,50,000 to Rs. 6,50,000 per annum depending on the performance and proficiency of an individual.
The salary that an experienced professional with around 8-10 years of experience can expect is around Rs. 15-25 Lacs per annum. Furthermore, the employees can anticipate a solid increment in their salary with the flourishing nature of this industry.
Some of the significant employers from the worldwide organizations who seek potential graduates in aviation management are as follows:
- United Airlines Inc.
- Delta Airlines Inc.
- British Airways
- Air Force
- FedEx Corporation
- Flight Safety International Inc.
- Birmingham Airport Authority
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Amazon Logistics Division
MBA in Aviation Management offers various career prospects. The graduates specialized in this field can go for:
- Business Development
- Airport Operations Management
- Airline Operations Management
- Loyalty Program Management
- Flight Analysis
- Fuelling Management
- Corporate Planning and strategy
- Ticketing & Passenger Services
- Airline/Airport Revenue Forecasting
- Airline Safety Inspector
- Contracts specialist for an airline
MBA in Aviation Management: Syllabus
Students who want to pursue MBA in Aviation Management must be all set for facing the common challenges of the aviation field. The key modules of the program are originally planned to impart the leadership skills besides empowering the critical and analytical thinking of an individual.
Furthermore, the syllabi considered through broad research, seminars, industrial visits, summer projects, internships, group discussions with the professionals, cooperation and interview with aircraft industries, R&D centers, airlines etc helps to groom the aspiring manager in an individual. Students are taught various concepts of aviation included under the following subjects:
|Year & Electives
- Airline and Airport management
- Data Analysis for Business Decisions
- Economic Analysis for Business Decisions
- Organizational Behaviour
- Accounting for management
- Airline Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Airline Operation and Scheduling
- Airline Finance
- Aviation Law
- Aviation Safety Management and Accident Investigations
- Strategic Management
- Total Quality Management
- Research Methods in Business
- Communication Skills and Business Correspondence
Practical – Business Application Software, Seminar I (Emerging trends in Management – Case study Analysis, GD, and Seminar)
- Aircraft Maintenance Management
- Aircraft Rules and Regulation C.A.R I and II
- Airline Economics
- Airline Advertising Sales and Promotion
- Customer Relationship Management
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Supply Chain Management
Popular colleges offering MBA in Aviation Management
There are some top-notch institutes in India that offer the 2-years MBA in Aviation Management course. The information regarding the admission criteria, eligibility, fee structure, and placements is mentioned below:
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
||Students can apply either through the CAT/XAT/MAT/XMAT/NMAT scores or through the UPES Management Entrance Test followed by GD and PI
||The average salary package offered to the graduates is Rs.9,00,000 whereas the highest salary package offered was Rs.13,00,000
|Hindustan University, Chennai
||Students must have at least 60% marks in their graduation.
Students can apply directly to this course. There is no entrance test.
||The average salary package offered to the graduates is Rs.6,00,000 whereas the highest salary package offered was Rs.9,00,000
|Institute of Indian Aviation and Allied Management Studies, Bangalore
||Students must have at least 50% marks in 10th, 12th and graduation (in any stream).
Students can apply through the CAT/XAT/MAT/XMAT/NMAT scores followed by GD and PI.
||The average salary package offered to the graduates is Rs.5,40,000
|Remo International College of Aviation, Chennai
||Students must have at least 60% marks in their graduation.
Students need to appear in the Entrance Examination.
||The average salary package offered to the graduates is Rs.3,00,000
|International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management
||Students can apply either through the CAT/XAT/MAT/XMAT/NMAT scores or through the Jain Entrance Test (JET) followed by GD and PI.
||The average salary package offered to the graduates is Rs.5,30,000
Some more colleges offering this specialization-
Requirements for MBA in Aviation Management
- The candidates who have done graduation in Math/ Physics/ Commerce/ Statistics/ Economics/ CA/ ICWA such as A.(Economics)/ BBA/ B.Com/ B.C.A./ B.B.M./ B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc. (PCM) are preferred to get enrolled in this course.
- He/she should have the required score in CAT/XAT/MAT/NMAT/CMAT/GMAT or any other entrance test accepted by the college.
Why should you choose to do an MBA in Aviation Management?
India is ready to end up noticeably the third-biggest flying business sector by 2020 and the biggest by 2030. Today, more than 85 global airlines run in India and 5 Indian carriers link more than 40 nations.
The business is on a high-development direction and requests for highly proficient staff. Around 3, 50,000 new representatives are crucial to encourage development in the following decade.
The advancement in traveler activity has been solid since the last few decades particularly with rising earnings and economical flight; traveler movement hiked at a CAGR of 11.16% over FY2006–15.
The Aviation Management MBA program analyses the quick moving flight industry which has seen a huge development in a brief timeframe. The quick travel times offered via air transportation, combined with the regularly expanding number of routes, has brought about an enormous demand from both recreation and business travelers. In the meantime, there has been an expanding necessity for airfreight benefits because of globalization, shorter item life cycles, and higher client desires.
Arranged to take care of the business demand for experts with worldwide information of the avionics business, this MBA program outfits the aspiring managers with specific industry & its business skills. Indian aviation industry guarantees tremendous development potential and proffers a bright career. If you realize your potential, you will definitely take off high in this field!