The Integrated Common Entrance Test ( ICET) is a test which is held to admit students under MBA and MCA courses in all universities of Andhra Pradesh. In 2014 , the test was conducted by Kakatiya University , Warangal for the fourth time on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education , Hyderabad.
Structure of ICET :
The test consists of 200 questions for 150 minutes and the test is designed to assess the candidate’s ability to think systematically , to use his/her mathematical and verbal skills and to assess his/her aptitutde for admission to MBA and MCA courses.The paper is an objective based paper and is divided into following sections :
- Analytical ability-75 questions
- 2.Mathematical ability-75 questions
- 3.Communication Ability- 50 questions
Eligibility criteria :
- One should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local/non-local status requirements.
- The candidates , other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of the concerned Universities.
- Candidates seeking admission to MBA should have a Bachelors degree from a recognized University of minimum three years duration with 50% marks in the qualifying exam ( 45% for reserved categories).
- Candidates seeking admission to MCA should have a Bachelors degree from a recognized University of minimum three years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level and with 50% marks in the qualifying exam ( 45% for reserved categories).
- Qualifying marks for ICET in 2014 were 25% and no minimum marks required for SC ST students.
How to apply ?
Candidates who wish to apply , can fill in particulars in the Online application available on the official website-www.apicet.org.in. One can choose either of the two options available for payment of test fees , either by AP online/e-seva or through credit card. After the payment verification is done , one could proceed to Online application form for filling. One would be asked to upload a passport size photograph and a signature which needs to be uploaded of the prescribed size only. Once , the candidate is done verifying all the details he/she can proceed by submitting the form and taking the print out of the form. The online application form fee is Rs.250.
Admission Procedure :
Admission is made purely on the basis of merit. Qualifying marks for ICET in 2014 were 25% which is 50 marks out of 200 marks , however there was no minimum marks criteria for SC/ST caste students. After the results are announced , the candidates will be allotted with state-wide rankings according to the marks scored and the rank obtained is valid for MBA and MCA courses of all universities in Andhra Pradesh. According to the ranks allotted , candidates can apply for the colleges under Andhra Pradesh by visiting the respective colleges’ official website and can get themselves admitted.
The notification for the Integrated Common Entrance Test-2014 came around on 14th Feb ’14.
The syllabus or the test comprises of:
The questions asked would be objective type with 200 questions in all and 150 minutes would be given to solve them.
- Analytical ability – questions would include from Data sufficiency, Problem solving. Under Data sufficiency, a question is given which is followed by data in the form of two statements. The candidate need to run his/her mind to check which of the statement is sufficient to answer.20 questions would be asked from the same. Under Problem solving, one can expect questions from Graph, Pie chart, Venn diagram or a passage is given to analyse, coding and decoding problems, blood-relationships, and symbol and notation interpretation, seating arrangements.55 Questions are asked from the same. In total, 75 questions are based upon analytical ability.
- Mathematical ability – questions would be asked from ratio and proportion , numbers and divisibility , LCM and HCF , Rational numbers , ordering , percentages , Profit and loss , Pipes and cisterns , Partnership , time , distance and work problems , areas and volumes , Relations and functions , Trigonometry , Trigonometric identities , Statements , Truth tables , Frequency distribution , Mean , Median , Mode , Correlation , Probability. In all 75 questions would be asked from the same.
- Communication ability – questions would include from vocabulary section to test student on the vocabulary used in day to day life. Questions would be asked from business terminology, functional grammar, reading comprehension. In total, 50 questions would be asked from the same.
Important dates to keep in mind:
- Notification date : 14th feb’14
- Start of Submission and registration of online application form : 24th Feb’14
- Last date of submission and registration of online application form without late fees : 04th April’14
- Last date of submission and registration of online application form with late fees of Rs.500 : 15th April’14
- Last date of submission and registration of online application form with late fees of Rs.2000 : 25th April’14
- Last date of submission and registration of online application form with late fees of Rs.5000 : 6th May’14
- Last date of submission and registration of online application form with late fees of Rs.10000 : 19th May’14
- Start of downloading of hall tickets from website : 21st April’14
- Date and time of Examination : 23rd May’14(10:00 Am to 12:30 Pm)
- Announcement of Preliminary key : 26th May’14
- Last date of submission of objection for preliminary key : 3rd June’14
- Announcement of Results : 9th June’14
To check the list of Test centres and the list of participating colleges, one can go through this link to have a clear idea as to how many test centres are available and also as to how many colleges are going to be a part of ICET’14.
University College of commerce and Business Management
Email: [email protected]
The result was declared on 9th June’14 and is valid for a year. You can follow this link to check the result.
Distribution of seats:
The seats are distributed according to colleges’ availability of seats. One could check the respective colleges’ website to check the availability of seats to check how many seats per course are available.
The counselling schedule for ICET’14 was announced on September 12 last year. According to Convenor, all the qualified candidates for ICET’14 of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh have to attend the Certificate Verification process in any of the Help line centres. The certificate verification began from September 17 last year and lasted up to September 20. Candidates who secured 50 %( for OC) and 45 %( for SC, ST, BC) were eligible to attend the counselling session. The final allotment was declared on the official website on September’26 in 2014 after 6PM.