||Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test
|Commonly Known As
||State Board of Technical Education and Training
||National Level Entrance Examination
||Diploma in various engineering and non-engineering disciplines
|Mode of Exam
|Number of questions
What is TS POLYCET?
Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test, or TS POLYCET, is a yearly examination conducted for admissions into a Diploma in various engineering and non-engineering disciplines across institutes located within the state of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, India.
The test is hosted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training and examinees must secure a minimum ranking in order to be allowed to take admissions into various affiliated institutes located in the two states.
Structure of TS POLYCET exam
TS POLYCET (also known as TS CEEP) is an offline OMR-sheet-based test that goes on for 120 minutes and consists of 120 multiple choice questions in total. The syllabus of the test includes physics, mathematics, and chemistry. Each correct choice is rewarded with 1 mark, while no negative marking accompanies a wrong answer.
Medium: Also, both English, as well as Telugu, are provided as the medium of the examination.
Sections: Both the ‘Physics’ and ‘Chemistry’ sections comprise 30 MCQs each, while the ‘Math’ section holds 60.
The markings in the OMR sheet have to be made using a pencil only.
The portions for the exam largely consist of topics that would have already been taught prior to applying for TS POLYCET (mainly in SSC 10th to 12th).
TS POLYCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate is fit to register for POLYCET only if the following eligibility criteria are satisfied:
- The applicant must be an Indian native and a resident of the state of Telangana (or Andhra Pradesh).
- While the minimum age required in order to apply is 17, there is no upper age barrier.
- The candidate must have passed SSC (10th) from a recognized board in either Telangana or Andhra Pradesh (like CBSE, ICSE, etc) with a minimum score of 35% in each of the subjects of physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- The candidate is required to hold a domicile certificate of either Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.
Application forms and submission procedure
The application form can either be filled online or acquired at any of the Telangana State Helpline Centers, although the former online method is preferred. In case the form was purchased from a helpline center, the completed application will have to be submitted back to the same.
In either case, a few important details that need to be entered are as follows:
- 10th Board and passing year
- Hall Ticket Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Preferred test centre
- Area code in which you reside
- Category to which you belong
Along with some more fields, the candidate’s photograph and signature must also be attached (as scanned copies in the online form). After finishing up with all this, the candidate will then have to pay the TS POLYCET application fee through an online transfer (net banking) or at any of the TS Helpline Centers. A summary of the cost is shown in a tabular format below:
NOTE: A refund is applicable after making this payment.
Following is a list of Helpline Centers from which the application form can be bought:
- Dr. BRAGMR for Women Polytechnic, Karimnagar
- Giriraj Govt Degree College P.G. Block, Nizamabad
- Government Polytechnic – Women, Medak
- Government Polytechnic, Bellampally, Adilabad District
- Government Polytechnic, Mahabubnagar
- Government Polytechnic, Nalgonda
- Government Polytechnic, Nizamabad
- Government Polytechnic, Rajagopal put, Siddipet, Medak District
- Government Polytechnic, Rudrampur, Kothagudem, Khammam District
- Government Polytechnic, Warangal
- Govt. Inst. of Printing Tech, East Maredpally, Secunderabad
- J.N. Govt. Polytechnic, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad
- JNTU College of Engineering, Kukatpally, Hyderabad
- K.D.R Government Polytechnic, Wanaparthy, Mahbubnagar District
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Nagarjuna Govt Degree College, Nalgonda
- Q.Q. Govt. Polytechnic, Chandulal Baradari, Old City, Hyderabad
- Sanketika Vidya Bhavan, Masab Tank, Hyderabad, which is the Helpline Center for PH (Physically Handicapped) candidates, CAP (Children of Armed Personnel), Anglo-Indian students, and NCC (National Cadet Corps) attendees.
- SR & BGNR Government Degree College, Khammam
- SRR Govt. Degree College, Karimnagar
- University Arts & Science College, Subedari, Hanamkonda, Warangal District
After the final submission of the application form, the candidate’s TS POLYCET admit card will be generated and can be downloaded online after logging into the website using the appropriate credentials.
How to download the admit card
A step-by-step explanation on how to acquire the admit card is given below:
- Visit the official website of TS POLYCET.
- Click on the hyperlink which says “Admit Card for Polytechnic Entrance Exam”.
- The applicant will be directed to the relevant page.
- Enter the appropriate login details (registration number, password, and DOB).
- After hitting ‘Submit’, take a printout of the same and ensure that it is carried to the exam centre without fail.
The admit card, which will be put up online a few days after submitting the application form, holds all the necessary information required by the applicant and must be carried to the respective examination centre that was chosen during registrations. The admit card may also be obtained from any of the Telangana State Helpline Centers.
Without the admit card, the candidate shall be prohibited from entering the test centre and therefore cannot attempt the examination under any circumstances. A valid government ID (Aadhar card, PAN card, Driver’s License, etc.) may also be carried (as a precautionary measure) to the test’s venue along with the admit card (which is compulsory).Admission Procedure
The results of the test will be uploaded on the official website of TS POLYCET. Qualifying candidates can go on to attend the counseling after a quick online registration for the same. In this round, students must select a college and course they wish to enroll themselves in.
Based on the score obtained in the examination, a seat in the respective institute gets booked, after which the applicant will be called for verifications.
The following documents are to be furnished during this procedure:
- S.S.C Marks Card & Hall Ticket
- POLYCET Rank Card & Hall Ticket (downloadable from the website)
- Study Certificate (for the period from class IV upto class X)
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhar Card (as proof of identity)
- Residence Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates proving that the candidate falls under any of the following categories (if applicable): PH (Physically Handicapped), CAP (Children of Armed Personnel), NCC (National Cadet Corps), Sports
After extensive validation and close scrutiny of each document, the desired seat will be given to the candidate, shortly after which he/she will have to report to the respective institute by the earliest.
The notification for TSPOLYCET 2018 will be released in March 2018 and the application process will also begin from March 2018 itself.
The syllabus for TSPOLYCET 2018 includes matter on Math & Chemistry from the 10th standard.
Syllabus for Math
|Surface Areas & Volume
Syllabus for Chemistry
|Urea and malonic ester
|Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes
|Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry
|The States of Matter
|Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium
|Phase equilibria& Solutions
|Organic compounds with the functional group containing nitrogen
|Organic compounds with the functional group containing oxygen
|Biomolecules – Carbohydrates, Protein, Vitamins, Nucleic Acid, Lipids, Hormones
|Spectroscopy measurements including IR, UV, NMR (proton and carbon 13)
|Chemistry in everyday life
|Qualitative and quantitative analysis and purification of organic compounds
|Reactions of Benzene and heterocyclic compounds
|Organic compounds with the functional group-containing halogens
|Reactions of a, b unsaturated carbonyl and acids
TS POLYCET 2018 Important Dates
Aspirants must keep in mind the following date sheet:
|Beginning of application submission
||2nd week of March
|Last date for application submission
|Last date for application submission with late fee
|Hall Ticket Available on
||First week of May 2018
|Telangana POLYCET 2018 Exam Date
|Answer Key Available on
|Announcement of result
Students can get in touch with the authorities through the means given below:
TSPOLYCET Hyderabad Office address:
State Board of Technical Education and Training
7th Floor, B.R.K.R. Bhawan
Tankbund Road, Saifabad
TSPOLYCET Students Helpline number: 040-23221191/23220546
Fax no: 040-232220546
Email id:[email protected]
List of colleges accepting TS POLYCET score
The following table shows a top few colleges accepting TSPOLYCET scores along with their fee detail:
|Name of Institution
|Anurag Engineering College, Nalgonda, Telangana
|Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences
|Mina Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women, Nalgonda, Telangana
|Vishnu Sree Institute of Technology,Nalgonda, Telangana
|Sudheer Reddy College of Engineering and Technology for Women¸Nizamabad, Telangana
|Aurora’s Technological Institute¸ Qutubullapur, Telangana
|Madhira Institute of Technology & Science¸Nalgonda, Telangana
|SreeDattha Institute of Engineering and Science, Ibrahimpatnam, Telangana
|Aurora’s Research and Technological Institute, Hanamkonda, Telangana
|Tudi Ram Reddy Institute of Technology & Sciences, Nalgonda, Telangana
|Arkay College of Engineering and Technology¸Nizamabad, Telangana
|Mona College of Engineering & Technology¸Nalgonda, Telangana
|Kodada Institute of Technology & Science for Women, Nalgonda, Telangana
|Ashoka Institute of Engineering and Technology ,Nalgonda, Telangana
|Khader Memorial College of Engineering and Technology, Nalgonda, Telangana
|Aizza College of Engineering and Technology,Adilabad, Telangana
|Mahaveer Institute of Science and Technology,Hyderabad, Telangana
|Holy Mary Institute of Technology and Science, Hyderabad, Telangana
|Nishitha College of Engineering & Technology,Hyderabad, Telangana
|Arjun College of Technology & Sciences
TS POLYCET Result
TSPOLYCET Results will be declared in the month of June 2018.
Students can access their result by going to the official website of TSPOLYCET. The following steps need to be followed:
- Visit the official website of the exam
- Click on the link of “Results”
- A new window will open where student have to fill in their details like sate of birth, registration number
- After that they will be able to access the results.
Students must download and keep it for future use. A merit list will be prepared by the concerned authority according to marks scored by the candidates.
The students can get an idea about how much mark they have scored by consulting the answer key which is released every year. They can access it from the official site of TSPOLYCET. Students need to click on the “Answer Key 2018” Link. The answer key I released set wise according to subjects.
The cut off marks for TSPOLYCET is 30% which means candidates have to get 36 question right 120 in order to qualify for the exam.
85% of the seats in each state institution are reserved for the candidates belonging to the following areas:
- Andhra University Area
- Osmania University area
- Sri Venkateshwara University area
The ratio of the distribution of seats is given below in the following table:
||Andhra University Area
|Osmania University area
|Sri Venkateshwara University area
|Ratio of seats reserved
The following table shows the reservation for SC/ST/OBC candidates in non- minority institution:
|% of reserved seats
Further 33% of all seats in all non-minority co-education centres have to be reserved for girls. In case seats remain empty, they will be offered to boys of the same category.
2 seats are reserved for Anglo Indians in all institutions.
Further some colleges have their own specifications.
The seats in QuliQutub Shah Govt. Polytechnic, Old City , Hyderabad are reserved for candidates who have resided within the Jurisdiction of QuliQutub Shah Urban Development authority for a minimum period of 4 years continuously preceding the date of commencement of 10th boards examination (or) candidates who are local residents of Osmania university area whose parents have resided within the Jurisdiction of QuliQutub Shah Urban Development authority for a minimum period of 7 consecutive years.
The following table shows the reservation for other categories:
||Children of armed personnel
|% of reserved seats
||3% for physically handicapped ,1%for visually impaired,1% for hearing impairment
TS POLYCET 2018 Counselling Schedule
The candidates who have been able to secure their place in the merit list are eligible to sit for the counselling process. Those candidates have to register on the online portal for counselling. The Following steps need to be followed for the same
- To begin with the process of counselling, candidates have to download the TSPOLYCET/ CEEP Rank Card.
- Candidates then need to check the Telangana CEEP Counselling Date for their Rank because the counselling process will be rank wise
- On the Rank date, the candidates need to get their certificates verified at the given TSPOLYCET Help Line Centre.
- After that has been done candidates need to make their for the choice course before going to exercise the web options.
- After the choice of course has been made, candidates now have to select the colleges s/he wants to apply for through the CEEPTelangana Web Counselling.
- After that the candidate needs to be present in person for the personal interview.
The following is the process for document verification:
- Candidates need to visit the designated VTSPOLYCET Counselling 2018 Centre/ Venue on the rank date
- There the candidates need to submit their Counselling Application Form & Original certificates.
- At the time of the Counselling candidates need to pay the required processing fee
- Candidates need to keep the Counselling Fee Receipt safely to perform the web options.
The first phase of counselling for all ranks will be done in June 2018 on different dates.
The following table shows the schedule for exercising option:
|1st week of July 2018
||Change of frozen option once again from rank 1 to last if they desire
|1st week of July 2018
|| Release of all allotments
The following table gives the dates of TSPOLYCET counselling in detail:
|Verification of certificate for TSPOLYCET2018
|Filling up the option for college in web counselling for TSPOLYCET 2018
||Last week of June to 1st week of July 2018
|Change of frozen option once again from rank 1 to last if they desire
||2nd week of July 2018
|Seat allotment for TSPOLYCET 2018
||1st week of July 2018 after 6pm
|Commencement of the classes for the current academic year
||3rd week of July
Candidates need to carry the following documents for the process of counselling:
- SSC or its equivalent Marksheet
- TSPOLYCET Rank Card 2018
- TSPOLYCET Hall Ticket 2018
- Proof of residence for non-local candidates
- Identity proof in the form of Aadhaar card
- Income proof ( only those will be considered which have been issued after 1stjan 2014 by competent authority)
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories have to carry their required certificates
- Transfer certificate from the last institution one has studied from
- Sport/NCC certificates if applicable
- Academic certificates from 4th standard to 10th standard