||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test
|Commonly Known As
||University Level Entrance Examination
||B Tech/ B.E
|Mode of Exam
||Pen- paper & Computer based
|Type of questions
||12th May 2018
What is UPESEAT?
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) is a state level undergraduate engineering entrance exam conducted every year by the UPES University for admission into the university. Students who get a valid score can get themselves admitted to B Tech/B.E programs for Delhi and Dehradun campuses of the institute.
Structure of UPESEAT exam
The exam will be conducted in both offline and online mode. The pen and paper test is conducted on May 5, 2018 (9:30 am to 12:30 pm) while the computer-based test is conducted over the specified dates and will be held on May 11th ,12th and 13th this year from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Duration: The test in both modes is conducted for 3 hours on the specified dates.
Sections: There are five different sections in the test namely Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness. While the Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry sections have 50 questions each, they are followed by 30 questions in the English section and 20 questions in the Current Affairs section. All the questions are of multiple choice type (MCQ). There is no time limit section wise.
Marks: There are a total of 200 questions. All the questions are of multiple choice type (MCQ). Each correct answer is of 1 mark. There is no negative marking for a wrong answer.
Medium: The exam is conducted only in English medium.
The above information has been summarized below-
|Number of Sections
||Mathematics (50), Physics (50), Chemistry (50), English Language Comprehension (30) and Current Affairs Awareness (20)
|Total number of questions
|Type of questions
||Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
|Medium of exam
||1 mark for each correct answer
||Number of questions
||English Language Comprehension
||Current Affairs Awareness
UPESEAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates above 21 years can apply for the exam (Must be born on or after October 1, 1996, for applying to UPESEAT 2018).
- While 80% seats are reserved for candidates who apply for admission through UPESEAT 2018, 20% seats can be filled by candidates applying through JEE Main Merit and Board Merit.
Exam Pathway (80% seat distribution):
- Candidates are required to have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in their Higher and Senior Secondary level (10th and 12th) and also minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry at Senior Secondary level (12th).
Non-Exam Pathway (20% seat distribution):
- Board Merit: Candidates are required to have secured a minimum aggregate of 80% in their Higher and Senior Secondary level (10th and 12th) and also minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry at Senior Secondary level (12th).
- JEE Main Score: Candidates are required to have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in their Higher and Senior Secondary level (10th and 12th) and also minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry at Senior Secondary level (12th). Also, the JEE Main 2018 cutoff rank should be met.
Application forms and submission procedure
The applications form for this exam is available since October 13, 2017, and the last date for submission is April 20, 2018.
A student can apply through both online and offline mode.
While applying online, the candidates need to submit scanned passport size photograph and signature and the file size should not be more than 50 KB. The file format should be JPEG, GIF or JPG. Also, the certificate of 10+2 qualification or diploma degree has to be submitted.
The offline application form can only be obtained through the admission counters located in cities of Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Mumbai, Dhanbad, and Patna.
An online UPESEAT Application Number will be generated as an acknowledgment after submission of the form. This can be used for future references. Also, the candidate needs to get a print out of the online application form after submitting it successfully.
Thus the procedure to fill the Application Form is mentioned below:
- Enter the details on the online application portal. Details include- Name, Date of Birth, Parent’s Name, Gender, Mobile number, E-mail ID etc.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number for verification.
- Other details as asked in the application form are Name, Program, E-mail, Mobile number, Date of Birth, Nationality, State, City, Enquiry source and Captcha code have to be filled. Then the form is submitted after agreeing to the declaration.
- The username and password are generated.
Step-2: Payment of Fees
The candidate has to pay the application fees through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card. The offline payment can be done through Cash or Demand Draft.
Step-3: Academic Details
After successful payment of fees, the candidate has to provide details of Class X and Class XII.
Step-4: Print out of Application Form
After successfully filling the complete application form, the candidate must take a print out of the form for future reference. Also, an online application number will be generated which has to be noted down for reference.
The application fee is Rs 1850 for both Online and Demand Draft mode and is Rs 1750 in case of Cash payment mode.
For offline payment, the candidate can purchase the UPES prospectus and application form:-
- By sending a DEMAND DRAFT in favor of UPES Fee Account payable at New Delhi/ Dehradun along with a request letter.
- By depositing CASH at admission counters located in cities of Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Mumbai, Dhanbad, and Patna.
For online payment, the candidate has to fill the application form and submit the fees along with the form.
The offline application form has to be submitted here:
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar,
The admit cards this year will be issued on April 25, 2018. The candidates can download their admit cards online from the Official website.
In order to access the Admit Card, the candidate needs to follow the following steps:
- Go to the official link.
- Enter his/her Application Number and Date of Birth on the login page and click on Submit.
- The Admit Card will appear and can be downloaded after carefully checking all the details. In case of discrepancies, the exam conducting authorities should be informed.
A sample of the Admit Card is shown below:
The Admit Card contains the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Registration/Application Number
- Examination Date and Time
- Test Centre Address
- Candidate’s Photograph and Signature
Once the exam is over, the results are declared (tentatively first week of June 2018) wherein the scores and ranks secured by the candidates can be checked online. For this, the candidate has to submit his Application Form number, Roll number, and Mobile number.
A candidate who clears the cut off will be said to have qualified the test. The cut off is decided by the UPES on the basis of the difficulty level, number of candidates appearing, marks secured and availability of seats.
The candidates who qualify the UPESEAT test will be able to register themselves for the offline counselling session (tentatively second week of June 2018).
For Non-Exam pathway candidates, counselling process would be according to their merit rank.
The candidates have to attend the counselling session where their original documents will be verified and they will be allotted seats based on their ranks and preference of seats.
Thus the procedure for Admission is as follows:
The University of Petroleum and Energy (UPES) conducts the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT). This exam is conducted in order to select the best candidates for the 37 Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programs ranging across various disciplines.
The notification for the examination was released byUniversity of Petroleum and Energy. The official notification for UPESEAT 2018 can be downloaded by visiting the official website.
The UPESEAT 2018 will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
Although there is no strict syllabus to follow from, candidates are advised to thoroughly study the chapters and topics of the class XI and XII NCERT books. Candidates are also advised to study through the JEE Main syllabuses to specialize in the PCM units. They should give special importance to Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Current Affairs and English Comprehension in order to maximize their performance.
Sources of energy
|Light reflection and refraction
|Human eye and colorful world
|Magnetic effect of electric current
|Management of Natural Resources
|Electric Charges and Fields
|Magnetism and Matter
|Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
|Semiconductor Electronics: Material Devices and Simple circuits
|Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
|Moving Charges and Magnetism
|Chemical Reactions and Equations
||Periodic Classification of Elements
|Metal and Non-metals
|Carbon and its Compounds
|Acid, Bases and Salts
||General Principle and Process of Isolation of Elements
|The p-Block Elements
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxyllic Acids
|The d- and f- Block Elements
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
|Chemistry in Everyday Life
|Surface area and volumes
||Introduction to Trigonometry
||Area related to circles
|Pair of Linear Equation in Two Variables
|Relations and Functions
||Inverse Trigonometric Functions
|Application of Derivatives
||Three Dimensional Geometry
UPESEAT 2018 Important Dates
The schedule for the important dates for the UPESEAT 2018 exam is as follows:
||UPESEAT 2018 Application form start date
||April 20, 2018
||UPESEAT 2018 Application form last date
||April 25, 2018
||UPESEAT 2018 Admit card
||May 5, 2018
(09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
|UPESEAT 2018 Entrance exam (Pen and paper mode)
|| May 11-13, 2018
(09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
|UPESEAT 2018 Entrance exam (Computer based test)
||First week of June 2018
||UPESEAT 2018 Result
||Second week of June 2018
||UPESEAT 2018 Counselling for Board Merit Students
||Second week of June 2018
||UPESEAT B.Tech Non-Exam (JEE Main Merit)
||Third week of June 2018
||UPESEAT Counselling on Rank basis
||Registration for admissions after Phase 1 of UPESEAT 2018 Counselling
List of UPESEAT Examination Centres
UPESEAT 2018 is to be held at about 46 cities across India. The candidates are requested to choose two UPESEAT 2018 exam cities when they are filling their application form.
The exam center will be designated to the candidates giving preference to the cities specified. Care must be taken while filling out the exam cites in the application form as it will not be changed under any circumstances.
The exam centers for the UPESEAT 2018 are as shown below:
||Test City Code
||Test City Code
Courses available through UPESEAT
The following B.Tech titles are available for candidates who are interested in joining the UPES:
|· B.Tech Aerospace Engineering with specialization In Avionics Engineering
· B.Tech Aerospace Engineering
|· Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Health, Safety and Environment
|· B.Tech Fire & Safety Engineering
|· B.Tech. Electronics Engineering
|· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization Technology
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in IT Infrastructure
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Oil & Gas Informatics
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Open Source & Open
Standards High Technology
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Business Analytics and Optimization
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in E-Commerce, Retail & Automation
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Big Data in academic collaboration with Xebia
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cyber Security and Forensics in academic collaboration with IBM
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Dev Ops in academic collaboration with Xebia
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Internet of Things and Smart Cities in academic collaboration with IBM
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Mobile Application and Development
· B.Tech Computer Science Engineering with specialization in AI and Machine Learning
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with specialisation in Mainframe technology
· B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Graphics and Gaming
|· B.Tech Civil Engineering with specialization in Infrastructure Development
|· B.Tech Automotive Design Engineering
· B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
|Oil and Gas
|· B.Tech Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals
· B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Gas
· B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Upstream
· B.Tech Geo Informatics Engineering
· B.Tech Geo Science Engineering
|· B.Tech Electrical Engineering
The results for the UPESEAT 2018 will be released online around the fourth week of May, 2018. Candidates can see their results by entering their roll number, application number and registered mobile number.
The result card will contain the following:
- The candidate’s sectional and as well as overall marks.
- The rank obtained by the candidate.
- The category-wise rank and the overall rank.
Candidates are advised to download their result cards and take note of their rank. Admission will be assigned on basis of the candidate’s rank that they have scored during the entrance exam during the time of counselling.
The UPESEAT 2018 cutoff marks are based on the following parameters:
- The number of candidates who appeared for UPESEAT 2018
- The number of candidates who passes the UPESEAT 2018
- The difficulty level of UPESEAT 2018
- The number of vacant seats UPESEAT 2018 paper filling the reeved cum merit students.
The UPESEAT 2018 scores are valid for only one year. Therefore, the marks and rank of UPESEAT 2018 will only be valid for the academic year 2018-19.
The UPESEAT 2018 Counselling is centralized. It categorizes its admission on the basis of either one of the three factors: The UPESEAT 2018 marks, the board merit or the JEE Main merit.
The UPES offers admission to 80% of the seats on the grounds of UPESEAT 2018 marks obtained. The candidate has to score a minimum of 60% in Class X and XII. They should also have a minimum aggregate of 60% in their Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class X and XII.
There are separate eligibility guidelines for students who wish to be admitted to the college through their Board merit or their JEEE Main merit.
The remaining 20% are admitted based on the respective board exam marks or JEE Main Rank.
10 % of the seats are reserved for the Board Merit. The Board merit is granted to students who score a minimum aggregate of 80% in their X and XII grade and as well as scoring a minimum of 80% aggregate in their Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics courses in class XII.
10 % of the seats are reserved for the JEE Merit. The JEE Main merit is awarded to students based on the cutoff rank assigned after the JEE main result are declared. The candidate should score at least a 60% ranking in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII and as well as a minimum of 60% aggregate in their Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics courses in class XII.
UPESEAT 2018 Counselling Schedule
As per the given seat distribution, shortlisted candidates should attend the UPESEAT 2018 counselling based on the specified venue for the given date and time.
The candidates are requested to bring their original documents and as well as one set of photocopies.
The following documents are required when attending the UPESEAT 2018 counselling:
- 4 recent passport sized photographs
- The UPESEAT 2018 Counselling Call letter
- The UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card
- The marks sheet of class X and XII with a set of self-attested photocopies which will be retained by the university.
- The Domicile certificate
- The JEE Main 2018 Rank card (If applicable)
- A Demand Draft of the ₹85,000 drawn in favor of “UPES Fee Account” which is payable at Dehradun.
For more information regarding the UPESEAT 2018, you are welcome to contact the college through either of the following:
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar,
Official UPES Website: https://www.upes.ac.in/
Official UPESEAT 2018 registration website: https://www.upes.ac.in/upes-programs/upeseat/index.html?utm_source=adwords_s&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UPESEAT_Btech_exam&gclid=CjwKCAiAnabTBRA6EiwAemvBd84vyfkm0rAUJRvGL81SxEz-UU-37luX4rseJFzWQQtNyKOhNGjz4xoCQw8QAvD_BwE#