Nitte University is promoted by Nitte Education Trust in 2008. The trust was established by KS Hegde, a former Supreme Court Judge. It had established A.B. Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences in 1985 which is the first college under the university. Currently the university runs 5 colleges under it Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy, K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences, N.G.S.M. Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and K.S. Hegde Medical Academy
The university offers courses in medicine, physiotherapy and nursing streams. It has tie-ups with foreign institutes like Okayama University Dental School, Smile Train Organization USA, Royal College of Surgeons, McGill University Canada and others. The university is spread over 48.78 acres of land.
Application and Admission Procedure
nitte university mangalore
- The candidate should download the application form from the official website.
- He/she has to send the demand draft of 500INR in favor of NMAMIT which is payable at Mangaluru.
The following documents are to be submitted –
- Attested photocopy of the 10th standard marks card
- Attested photocopy of the 10 + 2 marks card
- 12th standard equivalent marks card/pass certificate – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- 10th standard marks card/pass certificate for proof of date of birth – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Degree marksheet (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended – Original + 3 attested photocopies
- Conduct certificate from the institution last attended – Original
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the Registrar, Nitte University
- Migration certificate from the Board of the institution last studied (Non Karnataka students)
- Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Blood group certificate
- Photographs – passport size 05, stamp size-05
The candidates are selected on the basis of the marks in the qualifying degree and the entrance examination. After the submission of the application the candidates has to appear for the interview in the college campus.
Hostel and Facilities
The hostels of the NITTE University are on the main campus. The students enrolled in the university are allotted rooms at the time of admission.
The hostellers are served food in the hostel and no outside food is allowed in the hostel.
There are many facilities which are given to the students living in the hostel of NITTE University, like:
- Study table, cupboard, cot and chair are provided to each hosteller.
- Each hostel has access to solar water heaters, Wi-Fi facility, TV room with cable connection, reading room and visitors lounge.
- The hostel are also provided 24*7 security services and CCTV cameras are installed in the hostel area to provide safety and security.
There are some rules which are to be followed by the hostellers:
- It is strictly mentioned that the students cannot leave the hostel in the middle of the academic session.
- Any student cannot change rooms as per his/her convenience. A written permission must be taken from the Head of the institution.