Barkutullah University earlier known as Bhopal University was established in the year 1970 and was renamed as Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya in 1988.
In the year 2015 The University has been accredited with ‘Grade-B’ by NAAC.
The university campus has about 400 acres of land located along the Hoshangabad highway, about 3 kms away from the railway station of Habibganj.
The university offers undergraduation as well as postgraduation courses. The admission is done on the basis of marks obtained in the 12th class for UG courses, and on the basis of Bachelor’s degree for Master’s degree.
The departments which are under the university are as follows:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Life Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Physical Education
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty of Home Science
- Faculty of Management
The university extends to 8 (eight) districts namely Vidisha, Bhopal, Raisen, Sehore, Hoshangabad, Betul, Rajgarh and Harda.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to Apply
The candidates must follow the steps given below in order to take admission in the university –
- The first step is to visit the state bank of India website prior to the admissions.
- The website contains a registration form which needs to be filled with all the necessary and accurate details.
- The scanned documents must be attached as per the instructions mentioned. The dimensions specified must be kept in mind.
- The registration fee has to be paid through the online SBI Portal. The fee will contain all the charges such as the form fees, enrollment fees, registration fees and the exam fees.
- Now the candidates need to email the scanned copies of the registration letter, fee receipt, photo & signature and mark sheets to email@example.com. The candidates must first take out the photocopies of the registration letter and paste the photograph in the space provided and then sign below the photograph for scanning purposes.
Hostel and Facilities
The University campus covers an area of 400 acres and has several colleges and universities under its affiliation. The Campus has a well-stocked library, a modern computer laboratory, a health care centre, a hall for cultural activities and a wide and well-seated auditorium. It also has banking facilities with round the clock ATM and a post office is also available on the campus.
In addition to this, the University has enabled full day Wifi connectivity throughout the campus and hostels. It also houses several societies and clubs for extracurricular activities of the students.
The Sports department has fields, equipment and facilities for students to get trained and to play various games and a Barkatullah Cricket Stadium is a proposed project, which is under construction.
The University also has arranged a boarding facility which consists of 4 hostel buildings for boys and one hostel building for girls within the campus.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates