AIEEE or All India Engineering Entrance Examination is one of the most popular as well as one of the most difficult examination in India. The examination is conducted every year for admission to various technological institutes across India. Also, based on the marks obtained admission to architectural institutes is provided to the student. The examination was primarily started for the admission to 30 NIT’s as well as 5 IIIT’s and the students are provided state as well as an All India Rank. It is based on this rank that the institutes are alloted to the students.
The examination consists of 2 papers. One for B.Tech and other for B.Arch. A candidate can either opt for first or for second or both. The first paper consists of three section namely Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Each of these section consists of 30 objective questions where each question is alloted indivdual marks. In case of correct choice is made then the candidate gets full marks, if a wrong choice is made than one by four marks is deducted.
Paper 2 consists of three sections namely Mathematics, Drawing and Aptitude. The first two sections consists of objective type questions whereas the third section is drawing based.
The paper is of 3 hours duration and the marks each question carry has been variable over the years.
The candidate who wishes to appear for the AIEEE needs to have passed his 10+2 secondary examination from an institute recognised by CBSE or any other equivalent board. Candidate must be of 17 years in age. He should have passed his 10+2 having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. He/she should also have attained a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 including all subjects.
How To Apply
The application process for filling in the application for AIEEE has been made online. The candidates are required to visit the link http://jeemain.nic.in/jeemainapp/Root/LoginPage.aspx. Here you are required to submit in your details in the application form provided. After the successful submission of the form and choosing of password the candidate will be required to login again and complete the remaining steps of the application.
Once you log in then you will be required to upload in the scanned copy of all your documents such as marksheet, photographs, signature etc.
Once this step has also been completed then the candidate will then be asked to make the payment of Rs. 1400 in case he wants to opt for both the examination. In case one wants to appear in only one examination then the candidate will be required to submit or pay the fee of Rs. 800.
This payment can either be made online or offline depending upon the method chosen by the candidate. The online payment can be made through credit/debit card. The offline payment will be made through generating e-challan that will be required to be submitted at ICICI or HDFC Bank.
After this the candidate will be asked to choose the date and place of the examination. In case the candidate does not choose the same he or she will be alloted the centre and date randomly.
Once the examination results are out then counselling rounds are organised by the CBSE or the central government. The candidates are alloted colleges based on their rank obtained in the AIEEE.
After the allotment of the institute the candidates would then be asked to report at the alloted institute in the stipulated time. Once the candidate appears at the institute alongwith all his original documents and pays the required fee he/she will be provided an admission letter.
Syllabus For Examination
The JEE Main examination is primarily based on topics covered during 11th and 12th classes of students. All the 90 questions asked are of objective types and are of variable marks.
Some of the prime topics from which questions are asked include:
- Physics: This section is used to determine and find out how well are the concepts or phenomenon of nature are clear to the students. Topics from which questions are asked include Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion, Work Energy and Power, thermodynamics etc.
- Chemistry: This section is mostly chemical based and the candidates are required to have sound knowledge on topics such as States of matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Inorganic Chemistry etc.
- Mathematics: This section is used to test computational ability of the students and some of the prime topics covered in this section include Matrices and Determinants, Complex Number and quadratic equations, Segments and Series, Limit and Continuity, Integral and Differential Calculus.
Apart from this the paper two of the Architecture consists of drawing and knowledge of shapes, viewing angles, colour texture, transformation of 2D and 3D objects etc.
Some of the important dates to be kept in mind for UPCMT are:
- Starting date of receipt of Application – 7h November 2014
- Last Date for Submission of Application form 18th December 2014
- Date of Download of Admit Card – 12th March 2015
- Date of Examination 4th April 2015
- Result Declaration 27th April 2015
- 1st Counselling 7th July 2015
- 2nd Counselling 13th July 2015
In case of any disputes or any queries the students can write to , JEE(Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education ,Plot No. 149, Block – H, Sector – 63, Noida – 201309, Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.). Also the students can reach through phone by calling on the toll free number 0120-2427342, 0120-2427350.
The resulf of this examination is usually available within a month after the candidate has appeared for the examination.
The score of this examination is valid only for the same year in which the candidate has appeared for the examination.
Reservation and Seat Distribution
JEE Main has some reservations for the candidates of the EWS or the backward category. In the final allotment of the seats 27% of the total seats are reserved for the OBC category followed by a 15% reservation for the schedule cast. 7.5% of the seats are allotted to the candidates of schedule tribe and physically weaker or disabled candidate get a reservation of 3%.
AIEEE has been regarded as the premier examination for admission to various Engineering Courses throughout India. Apart from the NIT’s and IIIT’s institutes which accept the score of AIEEE include:
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Chitkara Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
- Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya
- Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- RCC Institute of Information Technology
- Indian Institute of Science
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
- K J Somaiya College of Engineering
- Mewar University
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana
- Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Netaji Subhash Engineering College
- Nirma University of Science and Technology
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
- PEC University of Technology
- Roorkee Institute of Technology
- School of Planning and Architecture
- SelaQui Academy of Higher Education
- Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy
- Sharda University
Counselling and Admission Procedure
After the result of the JEE main is out the counselling process starts within a week or two. During this process candidates are alloted seats based on their ranks achieved.
Once the candidate has been alloted the institute he/she is required to appear at the institute alloted alongwith all his original documents for verification. Once that is done the candidate is required to pay the fee only after which his/her admission is confirmed.