Last Updated: 20-Sep-2021
Amity University Distance MBA
Amity University is one of the premier institutions in the country offering top-notch higher education courses through both regular and distance mode. The university is highly ranked among the best institutes in the country. It is the only university in the country to be awarded the highest 9001:14001 quality award by AQSR of USA.
Amity University DDE offers various courses through the distance education mode. The flagship distance education program offered by the university is its Distance MBA program. The course is designed to equip managerial knowledge and skills to students as well as working professionals. The program is offered over a course of 2 years.
Amity University Distance MBA is offered in 14 Industry oriented specializations including HR, Finance, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Banking and more. The mode of learning is online through live lectures, video recorded sessions, study material and more.
Why Distance MBA from Amity University
- The university offers continuous student engagement with Career Webinars, AskFridays, Virtual Job Fairs etc.
- Dedicated career coach
- Live doubt clearing sessions
- Live interaction with industry leaders
- Strong alumni network
- The students are free to take classes from other courses without any additional charges
- Career support with 100+ hiring partners
Amity Distance Learning MBA Fee Structure
The Amity University Distance MBA fee for year 2021-22 is Rs. 3,50,000/- payable in 4 installments. For one time full payment, the distance MBA fee is Rs.3,00,000/-.
The university also offers 1 year Post Graduate Diploma courses in various management streams. The course fee for these courses is Rs. 1,20,000/-
The university does not refund fees under any circumstances.
HDFC Bank offers EMI facility on its credit card.
Amity Distance MBA Admission Important Dates 2021-2022
Last date to apply for Amity Distance MBA July 2021 admission cycle is 31st July 2021.
Last date to apply for July admission cycle is 31st July.
Admission to Amity Distance MBA and PGDM program happens in 2 sessions. First session is conducted from January to April while second session is conducted from July to September.
Scholarships from AMITY Online University
Amity University offers scholarships for its online programs. The scholarship amount is 20% of the total course fee.
- The university offer scholarships to students with 60% and above marks.
- The university offers scholarships if the students meets following criteria –
- Learners with special needs (disability)
- Women on sabbatical
- Serving or retired Defence/Police/Paramilitary personnel and their spouse, or war widows
- People who are on a career break or want to switch careers
- Alumni and their blood relatives
- Students with annual income of less than Rs. 3.6 LPA
- Center & State employees, as well as their relatives
- Students from National Institute of Open Schooling
- Outstanding sportspersons
- Meritorious students who have scored > 60% Marks
The university also offers scholarships to students with 60% and above marks. Students applying to under-graduate program should have scored 60% or above in 12th exams. Those applying to post-graduate program should have scored 60% or above in graduation.
The scholarship amount is equal to 20% of course fee or 20% of first installment.
Distance MBA Course Structure
Total duration of MBA course is 2 years. It has 92 courses taught in 4 semesters. Total course credits are 96. PGDM course has 2 semesters and duration of the course is 1 year.
University offers 24×7 academic and technical support. Course involves live interactive sessions by faculty and industry experts. Recorded video sessions can be accessed later.
Amity Distance Learning Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for admission into Amity University distance MBA program is that the candidate must be a graduate with sufficient knowledge of English
For Indian Students
Graduates or final year students are eligible. They need to produce following documents at the time of admission –
- 10thgrade completion certificate
- 12thgrade completion certificate
- 3 or 4 year Graduation degree completion certificate (Diploma is not acceptable) with a minimum of 40% marks
For Foreign Candidates
Graduate students are eligible. They should produce following documents at the time of admission –
- O level certificate (10thgrade equivalent. Diploma is not acceptable)
- A level certificate (12thgrade certificate. Diploma is not acceptable)
- Graduation degree with a minimum of 40% marks (Diploma not acceptable)
- Equivalence certificate issued from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
AMITY Distance MBA Admission Procedure
Candidates can apply to for Amity Online MBA course online.
STEP 1 – Fill Online Application Form
- The applicant has to obtain the application form online from the official website http://www.amityonline.com.
- The form needs to be filled online and submitted there.
STEP 2 – Pay Fees Online / Offline
Fees can be paid online using Credit Card, online transfer or swift transfer. Kindly get in touch with the university for more details. Once online payment is done, share the scanned copies of the successful transaction sent to your email.
Fees can also be using DD drawn on “Amity University Online”, payable at Noida.
STEP 3 – Upload Documents
Once the form is filled and submitted, the applicant will have to upload attested copies of documents online. Following documents are accepted –
- 1 passport size photo (Dimension 3.5 x 4.5 cm width)
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Graduation Degree certificate (Only if you are applying to post-graduate program). If you do not have degree certificate, upload final year marksheet.
STEP 4 – Login Credentials
Once registration is complete, user will receive login credentials for the online portal. These are sent to your email id. Using these credentials, users can start the course immediately.
Specializations Offered by Amity Online University
Amity University in its Distance MBA program offers 14 specializations as mentioned below:
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership Management
- Finance and Accounting Management
- Global Finance Market
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resources Analytics
- Information Technology Management
- Insurance Management
- International Business Management
- Marketing & Sales Management
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Retail Management
Amity Online University Approval
Amity University is accredited by the NAAC with an “A” grade. The university is recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, and is also listed among the International Association of Universities.
Furthermore, Amity’s distance education branch i.e Amity University Online has all of its courses approved by the Distance Education council and UGC.
Amity Online University Ranking
- University was ranked No. 1 in Asia and 33 globally by QS Ranking
- Amity University is one of the topmost ranked universities in India and is constantly ranked in the top 10 universities in India for both its traditional courses and distance education courses.
- The university was ranked at 80th position in NIRF 2018 and 86th in NIRF 2017.
- Amity School of Distance Learning has been ranked 1stamong the best distance learning universities.
- Times of India, and India Today survey have ranked Amity University the best university.
- QS Distance MBA World Ranking 2015, amity secured the 18th
For admissions and other queries, the applicant may contact:
Address: F-2-Block, Second Floor,
Sector 125 Campus,
NOIDA 201 303 (UP) INDIA
Phone: 0120 – 4614200, 1800 102 3434 (Toll free)
Amity Online University Placements
The university arranges Virtual Job Fairs where students can explore multiple placement opportunities. Students are also mentored career counselors.
It has over 150 partner companies including-
The university has a large network of Study center and Support & Information centers for contact classes and for admission and other facilities the university provides its students.
Amity University Online has a number of study center spread across the country and abroad. Below is a list of the study centers-
- Noida Sector-42
- Noida Sector-62
The contact details of the Amity Information & Support centers are given below:
||Bhopal, Raipur, Gwalior, Jabalpur
||Delhi, Gurgaon, Karnal, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Bhatinda, Patiala, Dehradun,
Dharamshala, Shimla, Haldwani, Jalandhar, Yamuna , Nagar, Hisar
||Agartala, Bhagalpur, Jorhat, Bokaro, Burdwan, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi,
Dhanbad, Rourkela, Dibrugarh, Durgapur, Sambhalpur, Siliguri, Jamshedpur
||Aurangabad, Nagpur, Nasik, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara
||Kannur, Madhuri, Mangalore, Belagavi, Mysore, Pondicherry, Vishakhapatnam,
Vijayawada, Tirupati, Guntur, Salem, Rajahmundry, Coimbatore, Calicut
- Does the university offer placement support?
Yes Amity university offers placement support for online and distance MBA programs through Virtual Job Fair. The fair offers opportunities to apply for jobs and internships posted by multiple recruiting partners.
- Is the distance MBA degree from Amity University valid outside of India?
Yes the degree is recognized by UGC in India. Amity university is accredited by WASC -USA AND QAA-UK
Exams are conducted in Online Technology Enabled Proctored mode. Internal assessment carries 30% weightage while external (term-end exams) carry 70% weightage.