UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS DISTANCE EDUCATION
University of Madras was established in the year 1854. It is one of the oldest and most prominent Universities in India.
The Institute of distance education of Madras university was started in the year 1981 and offers 22 Undergraduate course, 14 Postgraduate courses, 9 Postgraduate Research oriented Courses, 5 Professional Courses, 16 Diploma Courses, and 12 Certificate Courses.
It has 50 study centers throughout the country and 11 in abroad.
At present, around 1,60,000 students are enrolled in this university.
Willing candidates can apply for Distance Education courses at the University of Madras either online or offline only.
- Visit the official website
- Register with a valid email Id and contact number.
- Fill out the application form with details like parents name, aadhaar number, caste, DOB, Medium of instruction and more.
- Submit the application form and take a print out.
- Attach the photo and signature.
NOTE- Name and DOB should be same as the ones mentioned in the SSLC/HSC/Degree & Transfer Certificate
For Offline Admission candidates can avail either:
- Admission through Single Window Admission Centre (At Institute of Distance Education, Chennai)
- Admission through Spot Admission Centers or Study Centers (Within Tamil Nadu)
- Admission through Participatory Institutions/Twinning Program Centers
- In Person : Rs.100/- by cash at the Institute/Study Centers within Tamil Nadu/Spot Admission Centers/Participatory Institutions/Twinning Program Centers
- By Post: Rs.150/- by Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Director, IDE, University of Madras, payable at Chennai.
- Through Website: The cost of application form of Rs.100/- if downloaded through website.
|Last date for receipt of filled in Application form
||31 Oct / 31 March
MADRAS UNIVERSITY DISTANCE EDUCATION FEE STRUCTURE
The Madras University Distance Education fee for the courses offered can be found below-
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates are eligible for reimbursement of fees. They are also eligible for an annual allowance of Rs.500/- towards the purchase of essential books.
The prescribed SC/ST scholarship form and other particulars in this connection can be obtained from the SC/ST Cell, Office of the Director, Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai – 600005.
Eligible visually or physically-challenged candidates can get State Government Scholarship for the Disabled. The prescribed form may be obtained from the District Rehabilitation Officer in the districts concerned for reimbursement of non-refundable fees.
The University requires applicants to be residents of India with a proper qualifying degree from a recognized institute as per requirement i.e. 10+2+3.
The University has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with the five-star rating first, and later with an A rating. The UGC has recognized the University as one of the centers for “potential for excellence” in the country.
Madras University is one of oldest in the nation and is beyond. Its Institute of Distance Education has been ranked 21st by a leading ranking body in the List of its Top Institutes for Distance Education as of 2015.
Address: The Director, Institute Of Distance Education, University Of Madras, IDE Building, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005.
Email: [email protected],[email protected]
Address: The Controller of Examinations, University of Madras, University Centenary Building, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005.
Email: [email protected]
|Enquiry And Complaints
||044-25613727, 044-25613728, 044-25613729, 044-25613730, 044-25613731
The University lacks a special placement cell but they do hold seminars where the students are provided with details of opportunities. They also have internship programs for SC/ST, OBC, and candidates from other minority classes.
Distance MBA by Madras University
Candidates for admission to the first year of the Master of Business Administration Degree Course in the Institute of Distance Education shall be required to have any one of the following qualifications:
- A pass in any branch of study of a Bachelor Degree/Master Degree of the University of Madras or any other University recognized by the UGC/AIU or a qualification accepted by this University as equivalent thereto
- A Professional Degree in either Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law
- Professional qualification in Accountancy / Cost & Works Accountancy / Company Secretaryship
Distance MBA by Madras University is offered in the below-mentioned specializations-
Below is a list of distance courses offered by Madras University-
- B.A. – Tamil
- B.A. – English
- B.A. – Urdu
- B.A. – Historical Studies
- B.A. – Public Administration
- B.A. – Economics
- B.A. – Vaishnavism
- B.A. – Christian Studies
- B.A. – Performing Arts
- B.A. – Criminology and Police Administration
- B.Lit. – Tamil Literature
- B.Sc. – Mathematics
- B.Sc. – Geography
- B.Sc. – Psychology
- B.Sc. – Medical Sociology
- B.Sc. – Hotel and Catering Management
- B.Sc. – Visual Communication
- B.Sc. – Apparel Fashion Design
- BMM – Bachelor Of Multimedia Animation
- B.Nat. – Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- B.Music – Music
- B.Com. – Commerce
- B.Com. – Bank Management
- B.Com. – Corporate Secretaryship
- B.Com. – Computer Applications
- B.B.A. – Business Administration
- B.C.A. – Computer Applications
- M.A. – Tamil
- M.A. – English
- M.A. – Hindi
- M.A. – Urdu
- M.A. – Modern Arabic
- M.A. – Historical Studies
- M.A. – Political Science
- M.A. – Public Administration
- M.A. – Economics
- M.A. – Sociology
- M.A. – Christian Studies
- M.A. – Human Rights and Duties Education
- M.A. – Vaishnavism
- M.Music – Music
- M.Com. – Commerce
- M.Sc. – Mathematics
- M.Sc. – Geography
- M.Sc. – Psychology
- M.Sc. – Counselling Psychology
- M.Sc. – Medical Sociology
- M.Sc. – Cyber Forensics and Information Security
|CERTIFICATE & DIPLOMA COURSES
- Certificate Course in Library
- B.L.I.S. Library and Information Science
- M.L.I.S. Library and Information Science
- Certificate Course in Library and Information Science
- Certificate Course in Plant Cell and Tissue Culture
- Certificate Course in Police Administration
- Certificate Course in Spoken Tamil
- Certificate Course in Written Tamil
- Certificate Course in Computer Applications
- Certificate Course in E-Commerce
- Certificate Course in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- Diploma Course in Accounting & Auditing
- Diploma Course in Functional Arabic
- Diploma Course in Catering and Hotel Management
- Diploma Course in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Information Security and Cyber Law
- Diploma Course in Labour Law
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma Course in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- Diploma Course in Police Administration
- Diploma Course in School Management
- Diploma Course in Textile and Fashion Design
- Diploma Course in Tourism and Travel Management
- Diploma Course in Taxation
- Diploma Course in Yoga
- P.G. Diploma Course in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- P.G. Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- P.G. Diploma Course in Computer Science
- P.G. Diploma in Export and Import Management
- P.G. Diploma in Hospital Management
- P.G. Diploma in Shipping and Port Management
- P.G. Diploma Course in Public Relations
The IDE has 30 Spot Admission Centers located in different parts of Tamil Nadu. It has 50 Study Centers located in other States of our Country and has 11 Overseas Study Centers. Distance Education is also precipitated by Participating Institutions/Twinning Program Centers.
|INSTITUTE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
||University of Madras, I.D.E. Buildings, Chepauk, CHENNAI-600 005
|MAZHARUL ULOOM COLLEGE
||Reddy Thoppu, AMBUR-635 802 [Vellore District]
|KANDASWAMI KANDAR’S COLLEGE
||VELUR-638 182, Paramathi-Velur Taluk, [Namakkal District]
|PACHAIYAPPA’S COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
|JOHN BOSCO ARTS & SCIENCE COLLEGE
||Tiruvallur Railway Station, Post Box No. 14, Tiruvallur Taluk, THIRUVALLUR DISTRICT-602 001
|RAJESWARI VEDACHALAM GOVERNMENT ARTS COLLEGE
||G.S.T. Road, Near Government Hospital, CHENGALPATTU-603 001
|SUDANDIRA MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
||Green Land, Mettu Street Cross, TIRUTTANI-631 209
|VENUS EDUCATION CENTRE
||30/54 , NORTH RAJA STREET, TIRUVALLUR 602 001
|GOVERNMENT ARTS COLLEGE
||COLLECTORATE (P.O.), DHARMAPURI-636 705
|SWARNAMMAL GANESAN EDUCATIONAL SOCIAL AND HEALTH CARE TRUST
||3, Othavadai Street, Podaturpet, Pallipat [Taluk], Tiruvallur- 631208
|GOVERNMENT ARTS COLLEGE
||(Autonomous) KUMBAKONAM-612 001 [Thanjavur District]
|UNIVERSITY CONSTITUENT COLLEGE
||POONTHOTTAM, THERADI, THIRUVOTTIYUR -600 019
|CHENGAI STUDY CENTRE
||17, V.O.C. Street, Opp. Kulunthi Amman Koil, Chengalpattu – 603 001
|SHREE KAMATCHI EDUCATIONAL TRUST
||No. 48, Vallai Pachaiyappan Street, Kancheepuram – 1, Phone: 044 47203515
|ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
||John’s College Road, PALAYAMKOTTAI-627 002 [Tirunelveli District]
|WISEMAN HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
||Vellalar Street, Mudaliarpet & Lake Street, Velrampet, PUDUCHERRY-605 004
|SAI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
||No- 367C, KKC Complex, Near APR Stores, Avinashi Road, Tiruppur – 641 602
|JAMAL MOHAMMED COLLEGE
||No. 7, Race Course Road, Khajanagar, THIRUCHIRAPALLI-620 020
|VETHATHIRI MAHARISHI INSTITUTE FOR SPIRITUAL AND INSTITUTIONAL EDUCATION(VISION FOR WISDOM)
||TEMPLE OF CONSCIOUSNESS,ARUL PERUMJOTHI NAGAR,ALIYAR,POLLACHI-642 101
|RKV FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE
||NO 317- G, N.S.K.SALAI,VADAPALANI, CHENNAI – 600026
|GOVERNMENT ARTS COLLEGE
||Stone House Hill P.O., UDHAGAMANDALAM-643002
|ABI & ABI COLLEGE ARTS, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
||Abi & Abi Nagar, Vayalur, Kumbakonam Main Road, Vayalur, THANJAVUR-613003