Last Updated: 31-May-2020
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) was established in the year 2001 and has since catered to the needs of students across the country and abroad.
Over 2 lakh students have completed courses in Post Graduate Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Programs offered by Symbiosis. The courses are curated under professional guidance. One of the popular courses offered by the university is the Symbiosis Distance MBA.
||PGDBA (Equivalent to MBA)
||Finance, Marketing, HR, Operations, Account and CRM
|Exams Scores Accepted
||CAT / MAT / XAT / GMAT / Symbiosis PGDBA Entrance Test
- Students can opt for dual specialization for PGDBA and PGDIM courses.
- The course material is developed in consultation with industry and teachers from the sister management institute – Symbiosis institute of management.
- Institute follows “Blended Learning” methodology and uses all three forms for material – printed, online, and faculty interaction.
- Virtual classroom facility allows students to interact with the faculty in real time via video and chat session.
- Students can clarify the doubts by calling call center set up the institute
- International students can go for online exam at ATTESTCentres, Embassies, Offices, and Universities.
- Institute offers placement support.
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Admission Procedure
The institute offers 21 PG Diploma program, 3 Diploma programs, 4 PG certificate program and 2 certificate programs in distance education mode. Admission to these programs is conducted online.
Admission for distance MBA is a 3-step process-
- Purchasing and filling out the application form
STEP:1- Online Registration
Symbiosis Online Application Form
- Candidates need to go to the institute website http://www.scdl.net/ApplyOnline/ to register themselves.
- Once registered, students may purchase application form online by paying Rs. 1200/- through any of the following modes-
- Online- SCDL Official website
- Offline- SCDL Pune Campus/SCDL Associates/HDFC Banks at selected location. (For the list of SCDL Associates and HDFC Banks which provide prospectus/application form. Check out the study centers section of this article.)
- Once the fee is paid, the candidate can download soft copy of the prospectus. The candidate will also get access to application form which should be filled online.
- The application form and prospectus can also be obtained offline from SCDL offices in Pune, Nasik, Bangalore and select Axis Bank branches.
NOTE- The application fee is non-refundable.
Step:2- Document Submission
Once the application is filled through any of the modes provided above, print the application form and submit the filled in application form must be submitted along with-
- Required attested copies of academic documents
- Work Experience documents
- 2 passport size photographs
- Photo Identity proofs
- Name change document (if any)
- Complete program fee/First installment
The application form must be couriered to SCDL Pune campus (address given below) for processing of admission. Application form can be submitted online too. The status of the application can be checked online – http://www.scdl.net/AdmissionStatus.aspx.
Step-3: Fee Payment
Once the admission is confirmed, the student needs to pay the first installment or the full amount of the course fee. The fee can be paid online or by a demand draft in favor of “The Director, SCDL Pune” payable at pune.
The DD needs to be sent along with the application form. It should carry the student details like name, contact number, name of the program etc.
The address for SCDL Pune Campus is as follows:
Pune (Main Campus)
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
Symbiosis Bhavan, 1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony,
Pune – 411016
Symbiosis Distance MBA Fee Structure 2020-2021
Total course fee for Symbiosis Distance MBA program is Rs. 50,000 for general category students if paid in lump-sum. Fee can also be paid in two installments of Rs. 35,000 and Rs. 20,000.
The application fees for the PGDBA course (equivalent to the MBA course) is Rs. 1200/-.
The program fees may be paid either in a lump sum or in two installments.
The Symbiosis Distance Learning institute requires an additional fee of Rs. 10, 000/- for dual specialization in PGDBA. The fees may be paid online, in cash, or via Demand Draft.
The fee in cash is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus and the Demand Draft must be in favor of “The Director, SCDL, Pune” payable at Pune only. All fees and charges can be paid online.
SCDL changes different fee for different categories. The fees charged also varies as per the category of the student –
|| Fee (Lump sum)
Symbiosis Distance MBA Admission Last Date 2020-21
The last date to apply for the 2020-21 July session is 1st July 2020. The admission for the cycle begins on 21st April 2020.
Admissions for Symbiosis Distance MBA programs happens in 2 cycles – academic and calendar.
The important dates for the academic year of 2020-21 are given below.
||1st July 2020
|Last date to submit application form
||First week of July 2020
|Last date to pay program fee
||10th August 2020
|Last date for admission cancellation and fee refund
||20th August 2020
|Last date for change in program
||31st July 2020
|Last date to submit documents
||10th August 2020
|Last date to apply for duel specialization
||31st August 2020
Last Dates for Fee Payment
- Option 1 – Full Fee payment – Last date to pay full fee – within 30 days from the date of admission
- Option 2 – Fee payment in 2 installments –
- Last day to pay 1st installment – within 15 days from the date of admission
- Last day to pay 2nd installment – within 30 days from the date of 1st installment
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Scholarships
The institute offers fee concessions for Active Defense, Paramilitary, and Policemen. It also offers fee concession to EBC (economically backward class) candidates if their family income is less than Rs. 1.5 lakh per annum.
Eligibility Criteria for Distance MBA
The eligibility criteria for the SCDL Post-graduate Diploma in Business Administration are as follows:
- The applicant must be a graduate from any recognized university, or an international graduate from an accredited university. Students appearing for their final graduation exam may also apply for the course.
- Final year students can also apply subject to completion of course within the time specified by SCDL.
- Diploma students are eligible if they have 5 years of supervisory experience. They should have completed the 3 year diploma course from a recognized university.
Symbiosis MBA Course Structure
Symbiosis does not offer a Distance MBA program but its Distance PGDBA course (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration) is considered to be equivalent to MBA.
The full list of the various Distance MBA Degree Programs Offered Symbiosis Distance Learning (SCDL) are given below–
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
The students have to appear for 4 semesters. Here is a sample course structure of their PGDBA program:
| Semester 1
||Principles and Practices of Management
| Semester 2
||Production or Operations Management
|Human Resource Management
|Management Information Systems
|Semester 3: Specialisation (choice of 1 elective)
||Required Specialisation 1
|Required Specialisation 2
|Semester 4: Specialisation (choice of 1 elective)
||Required Specialisation 4
|Required Specialisation 5
The students get printed study material every semester from SCDL. It is sent by regular post. Besides the study material, SCDL offers various other modes of interaction for the students –
- Email – The students can contact the SCDL faculty through email and get their doubts clarified.
- Online Classroom – Classes are held online and students can attend these to interact with faculty.
- E-learning Modules – The students can also access certain modules online on SCDL website.
Distance MBA Specializations
The institute offers the PGDBA course with specializations in
- Finance Management
- Marketing Management
- Management Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Customer Relationship Management.
The institute also provides with dual specializations options.
Out of the specializations listed, students can choose any two as primary and secondary specializations. The second specialization can be taken up once the primary specialization is completed.
Symbiosis Center of Distance Learning has all of its courses approved by the DEC and is recognized by the Distance Education Bureau of the UGC for all of its courses.
This premier institute is well recognized and is highly acclaimed.
- Ranked 1st among distance education institutes in the country by Career India in 2016.
- It has been ranked 1stamongst the top Distance Education Institutes in the country by Careers 360 in 2012.
- It has been ranked 2ndamong the best institutes in India in the DNA Indus Learning Survey of 2012.
- It has been ranked 3rdamongst the distance learning institutes by Competition Success Review.
- International Council for Distance Education (ICDE), chose SCDL for Institutional Superiority Award.
For all inquiries the applicant may contact at the following:
Pune (Main Campus)
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony,
Pune – 411016
Phone: +91-20-66211000 (Hunting lines)
Working Hours: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
SCDL has a dedicated placement cell which ensures that the graduates get better jobs in the industry. The department makes sure that the students are well trained and industry-equipped before the placement season starts. It provides the following facilities-
- Mock Interviews and presentation
- Team of specialist career advisers
- Help in CV writing, interview skills, aptitude tests
The institute partners with various organizations to support the students in their placements. The institute maintains close ties with the industry to provide cutting-edge and industry-relevant course material to the students.
The following companies have approached SCDL for placements:
|BSA Corporation Pvt Ltd
||TAS India Pvt Ltd
|IIBM Jet India
||The Nielsen Company
|Process Max Solution
SCDL Study Centers
SCDL has a nationwide presence with over 69 exam centers in India including 1 abroad (Dubai).
Below is a list top 15 states in which the institute has its exam centers-
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu an Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
The institution is well established, and highly rated. Addresses and details about the Information centers are available at: http://www.scdl.net/pdf/examination_centre_list_(tentative).pdf
SCDL Associate Partners
For registration purpose candidates need to visit the SCDL Associate Partners. At present, it has 31 partners in India. Below is a list of cities where these centers are located –
- Margao, Goa
Other Distance MBA Programs