NMIMS has received a notice from UGC barring it from offering any distance or online courses. This page offers information based on courses offered by NMIMS till April 2023.
Information on this page was sourced from publicly available documents and NMIMS website. We are not affiliated to NMIMS in any way and just offer information to prospective students. Students are advised to refer NMIMS website for more information.
A deemed university with an annual intake of more than 6000 students, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS ) is one of the leading institutes in the field of distance management programs.
The university was established in 1981 in Mumbai. It has expanded to other cities and now has campuses in Shirpur, Dhule, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, Navi Mumbai, and Chandigarh.
NMIMS university offers courses in Technology, Science, Architecture, Pharmacy, Commerce, Economics and Management streams.
NMIMS – Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA-SCE) offers MBA in distance mode. More than 1,25,000 students are enrolled in the course and 22,000 students from 650 locations have already completed it. NMIMS provides several specializations in distance MBA program – IT and Systems, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Retail Management, etc
The program is popular due to its blended mode of content delivery. All the distance courses are UGC-DEB and NAAC approved. The university also offers diploma and certificate distance programs.
There is no entrance test for admission into any of the distance courses offered by NMIMS. Courses vary in duration. Certificate course lasts 6 months while MBA and PG diploma courses are for 2 years.
- Student Support Services – The university has regional offices in 9 locations and it has a dedicated call center to handle student queries.
- Academic Excellence – The university has 750+ faculty member and arranges guest lectures regularly. 120+ faculty members are from IITs/IIMs.
- Technology – The university offers a web portal where students can access course material, eBooks and recorded lectures. It also has a mobile app.
- Pan-India Exam Centers – CBT (computer based tests) are conducted at various centers in the country. Exams assess students using case based and application oriented assessments.
- Career-service – Focus on career development through guidance and mentoring.
NMIMS Distance and Online MBA Fee structure 2023-2024
The full course fee for NMIMS Distance MBA program for 2023-2024 is Rs. 1,68,000/- if paid in lump-sum. Distance MBA course fee can also be paid in 2 installments of Rs.91,500/- or 4 installments of Rs.48,000/- each.
The institute gives 3 option for fee payment-
|Fee Payment Option
|Distance MBA Fee (PRIME mode)
|Fee per semester (4 installments)
|Annual Fee Payment
|Lump-sum Fee Payment
The institute offers 3 modes of access – Prime, Prime+ and Pro. In Pro mode, student can access live interactive sessions while in Prime mode the user can only access recorded videos. Prime+ offers the flexibility of accessing either live sessions or recorded sessions.
|Recorded Content Only
|Live lectures for up to 4 subjects of student’s choice
|Live lectures for all 6 subjects
- For Prime+, the student needs to pay Rs.1,200/- per subject.
- For Pro, student needs to pay Rs.6,000/- in each semester.
In addition to the fees, students also need to pay following charges
|Additional fees that need to be paid
|Candidates will also be needed to pay the application fee during the time of admission
|Initial amount will be charged at the time of registration
|Examination charges for each subject
The fee amount may be paid online using Credit/ Debit card, or it may also be paid via Demand Drafts.
The university also offers EMI facility on credit cards of the following banks: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
NMIMS Online and Distance MBA Important dates 2023-2024
Last date to apply for NMIMS distance MBA July 2023 cycle is 24th July 2023. Last date to apply with late fee is 21st September 2023.
The NMIMS has specified the admission schedule and important dates are as follows:
For July 2023 session
|26th March, 2023
|Last date to apply
|24th July 2023
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs. 500
|21st August 2023
|Last date to apply with late fees of Rs. 1,000
|21st September, 2023
For January 2024 session
|Last date to apply (Tentative)
|31st January, 2024
|Last date to apply with late fees (Tentative)
|31st March, 2024
The student should to be a graduate from any of the recognized universities with a bachelors degree (10+2+3) or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
Candidates with less than 50% at graduation level, should have at least 2 years of working experience.
NMIMS Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The admissions for Narsee Monjee Distance MBA are done in two cycles:
- Spring batch with registrations between 19th September and 20th March
- Fall Batch with registrations between 21st March and 18th September
The admission procedure for the online and distance MBA course at NMIMS is mostly online. The applicant must obtain the application form online at http://distance.nmims.edu.
It is a 4 step admission procedure. Candidates need to follow these steps for securing admission into NMIMS –
- Document Certification
- Fee Payment
First the candidate needs to log in to the official website and fill the registration form. Once done, he/she needs to pay the application fee of Rs. 1200/-.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of distance MBA in NMIMS. See: https://online.nmims.edu/
- Step 2: Scroll down and go to the Admission Procedure panel
- Step 3: Click on the Register Now option. This will take you to a registration panel.
- Step 4: Click on the New Applicant option and fill out all the information asked in the form. Upload the required documents which include:
- Academic Documents
- Work Experience Document (if any)
- Photo Identity
- Passport Size Photograph
- Step 5: Pay the application fee of Rs. 1,200 online through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or offline through Demand Draft in favour of ‘SVKM’s NMIMS’ payable at Mumbai.
Step:2- Application Form
Once the application form is submitted, the candidate needs to visit the Authorized Enrollment Partner of NMIMS with original documents and the attested photocopies as per the eligibility criteria at the IC (Information Center) for verification.
The candidate will need to furnish the following documents for admission to the MBA course:
- 10th & 12th Marks card/Certificate
- Degree Marks Card (All Semesters) & Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Photo ID Proof
- Photographs (2 stamp size)
- Work Experience Proof (If required)
Each candidate will be allocated a counselor who will verify the documents and upload them on the candidate’s behalf.
Step:3- Fee payment
Once the documents are approved the candidate needs to pay the fee for the course. They can pay the fee through both online and offline mode-
- Online- Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card
- Offline- Demand Draft in favor of “SVKM’s NMIMS” payable at Mumbai.
Loan and EMI facilities are also available.
The final confirmation will be made post approval of document and payment.
NMIMS Distance MBA Admission Procedure
Candidates are selected based on their academic performance and there is no additional admission test conducted by the college. The admission procedure includes the following:
- Step 1: After the college receives all the information sent by the candidate, they will review those documents.
- Step 2: Soon a confirmation mail will be sent to the candidate’s email id. Along with the confirmation mail, a ‘student number’ will be issued which the candidate should note down.
- Step 3: After successful payment of the fees the candidate will be given admission to NMIMS.
Admission Cancellation and Refunds
Students who have recently enrolled into the program or who are in the first semester can apply for cancellation of admission. To apply for the cancellation, students must apply before the deadline set by the university. The amount refunded will depend on date when cancellation application is received by the university
|From 26-March-2023 to 31-Oct-2023
|From 1-Nov-2023 to 15-Nov-2023
|Rs. 5,000 + 20% of Semester I fee
|From 16-Nov-2023 to 30-Nov-2023
|Rs. 5,000 + 50% of Semester I fee
|Full course fee
The admission processing fee of Rs. 1200/- is non-refundable. If the admission of the candidate has not been confirmed, administrative charges of Rs. 1000/- will be deducted.
The university does not offer any kind of scholarships to its students and expects the students to pay the full tuition fee amount. It has tie-ups with various banks to provide education loan.
NMIMS Distance MBA Course
This is a 2 year, 4-semster course that leads to a MBA degree. The course offers following specializations –
Distance Diploma Courses
The university offers 1 year diploma courses in following disciplines
- Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Trade Management
- Banking and Finance Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Retail Management
- Services Management
- Financial Planning and Wealth Management
Candidates either need to have passed SSC with 3 year AICTE recognized diploma and 2 years of work experience or HSC with 2 years of work experience. Those with a bachelors degree from a recognized university and 50% marks or 2 years of experience are also eligible.
Distance Certificate Courses
NMIMS also offers 6 month certificate courses in following disciplines
- Business Management
- Digital Marketing
- Corporate Communication
To be able to attend the certificate course, candidate needs to have cleared SSC and 3 years of AICTE recognized diploma and 2 years of work experience or HSC and 2 years of work experience.
Narsee Monjee Distance MBA Approval
The university is recognized by the joint committee of the UGC-AICTE-DEC and is well recognized for all its management programs. The university is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and is a respected university.
Ranking, Awards and Recognition
NMIMS is one of the best institutes in the country offering distance education.
- NMIMS is a category 1 university as per UGC. It was ranked 57 in NIRF 2020 university ranking.
- The university received A+ grade by NAAC (score 5.0)
- Competition Success Review ranked it as the best distance education institute.
- It was ranked 2nd among the top 10 business schools offering distance education by Zee Business.
- Further, the university was also ranked 5th among the best distance education institutes in India, by DNA –Indus Learning Survey.
Placement and Career Services
The details about the jobs offered to students of NMIMS online programs are not available. But the NMIMS also has a full time program and has a successful track record of placing students in top companies at competitive salaries.
The university offers career services to its students. Career service consists of following parts –
- Career Forum – A set of 12 live webinar curated by career experts
- Learning Portal – A set of 3500 e-learning modules to develop important soft skills
- Career Counselling – An hour long session with career counselors to help you come with a strategy to build your CV, Cover letter and resume.
- Practice Interview Sessions – 2 mock interview sessions to prepare you for the placement interviews
- Job Search Support – The university offers support from a team that will help you get at least 3 placement opportunities with at least 10% hike on your previous salary.
Students need to pay for career services in addition to the course fee. More details can be obtained from the university website – https://distance.nmims.edu/career-services/
NMIMS Global Access School For Continuing Education has a well-networked infrastructure of study centers and information centers. They are used for personal contact programs and to provide the students assistance with admissions, other resources and facilities.
Below is a list of cities in which the institute has Enrollment Partners-
Other Distance MBA Programs
Last Updated: 14-April-2023