Last Updated: 30-May-2020
LPU Distance MBA
Lovely Professional University, claims to be the largest university in terms of number of students on a single campus. The LPU Directorate of Distance Education (LPU-DDE) strives to bridge the gap between education seekers and working professionals.
The university is well known for its adoption of modern facilities such as the exhaustive online support and the personal contact programs. It also facilitates comprehensive evaluation, affordable fee structure, and provision of student career support.
LPU Distance Management Programs
Lovely Professional University offers distance management programs for students who want to business leaders and managers in the future. The program offers important skills and knowledge to that will aid the future leaders in effective and successful management of the projects.
The course is offered as MBA and PGDBM. MBA is a 2 year course with maximum duration of 5 years. PGDBM is a 1 year course that can be completed in 3 years.
All the study material is provided only online. If student wants printed material, additional charge will apply.
|Name of the Course
||Lovely Professional University Distance Education
|Type of University
|Distance Program Website
||UGC and Distance Education Council
||Rs. 50,000/- (Approximately)
||1800 3001 1800 / [email protected]
|Program Start year
|Application Form Fee
|Medium of Instruction
LPU Distance MBA Admission procedure
STEP 1 – Obtain Prospectus and Application form
The distance MBA application form and prospectus may be obtained from the university campus, or from other information centers as specified by the university by remitting a fee of Rs. 350/- via cash/Demand Draft. The application form may also be downloaded from the website. The filled form should be send with a Demand Draft of Rs. 250/- in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar.
STEP 2 – Fill Application form and attach documents
After having filled in the application form, the student must enclose the copies of following documents self-attested and attested by a competent authority:
- Photocopy of Matriculation certificate specifying Date of Birth
- Photocopy of Graduation degree certificate and details marks card.
- Photocopy of Proof of Residence (Passport/Voter Identity Card/RationCard/Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/Bank Account Statement)
- Photocopy of a document with candidate’s signature on it (Only for verification and needed if no other document already carries the signature)
- If applicable also attach disability certificate, employment certificate. Defense and paramilitary force candidates also need to service certificate.
- If the candidate has applied after a gap in his/her studies, an undertaking for Gap Period needs to be attached.
- If a candidate is awaiting result due to reasons like backlog, result-awaited, re-appearing for exam, should also attach an undertaking with necessary details.
- Two passport size colored photographs
- Demand Draft of the prescribed fee in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar.
- Before sending the DD, please mentioned following details on the back of the DD – program applied along with program code, applicant’s and father’s name, admission id, admission number if allotted, application number.
The university may ask for original documents for verification during or after the admission process.
STEP 3 – Pay Course Fee
Pay the course fee by DD in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar. This includes Programme Fee, Examination Fee and Late Fee if applicable. Printed course material cost Rs.1000/-. Fee for subsequent semesters can be paid online.
STEP 4 – Submit Application Form
The filled in application form along with all the enclosures and DD must be submitted before the last date of submission as mentioned in the notification, prospectus or website (www.lpude.in)
It can be submitted by any of the following modes
- In person at any of the aforementioned centers or University Campus in Phagwara
- Through registered post to:
Project Head (Admissions),
Lovely Faculty of Distance Education,
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar-Delhi G.T Road, (NH-1),
LPU Distance MBA Fee Structure 2020-21
LPU Distance MBA fee is Rs. 11,400/- per semester for year 2020-21. Furthermore the student must also pay Rs. 1250/- per semester towards the examination fee, and Rs. 1000/- towards the study material cost. The program fee for the first semester is to be paid along with the admission fee. The fee for the subsequent semesters must be paid before the corresponding semester. The fee must be paid via Demand Draft in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar. The fee for second semester onwards can be paid online.
All study material can be accessed online. But if the student wants printed material, it can be obtained by paying Rs. 1000/-.
Candidates are advised not to make any cash payment. The university will not be liable for any cash payments made.
|Study material cost
|Total (Per Semester)
- The fee due must be paid by the deadline as published on the university website or prospectus. If the candidate fails to pay the fee by the deadline, admission will be cancelled.
- Students can seek permission in writing to pay fees after the deadline. Student may be required to pay late fee in such case.
- Fee should not be paid in cash. First payment needs to be made by DD and all subsequent payments can be made with by DD or through online payment gateway.
- Please mention Contact Number, Your Name, Father’s Name, Application Number, Program name on the backside of the DD.
- Course waiver does not entitle student for fee waiver or relaxation in fees. The student will have to pay full fees due.
- Fee once paid is not refundable.
Scholarships for LPU Distance MBA Programs
The University facilitates for scholarships for the SC/ST and OBC category students through the post matric scholarship scheme of the Punjab Government. More details of the Post Matriculation Scholarship scheme is available at: http://www.punjabscholarships.gov.in/
LPU Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The university requires that the student must possess a graduate degree from any recognized university to be eligible for admission into the LPU Distance MBA.
LPU Distance MBA Specializations Offered
Lovely Professional University provides the flexibility to choose a core specialization, or have a Major-Minor in their MBA course. The specializations in the course are as follows:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Operations Management
- MBA in Retail Management
LPU Distance MBA Program Approval
The university is recognized and approved by the UGC, DEB (Distance Education Bureau), NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) and is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Furthermore the Distance Education Council approves all its courses.
Top magazines and survey institutes have constantly ranked Lovely Professional University as one of the best institutes for Distance Education. It has been ranked for its incredible infrastructure, course material, industry interface, etc. The university has been ranked 9th best in terms of online course material, Learning and Information.
Distance Education Program Features
- Online Study Material – Most of the study material is available online for quick access.
- Affordable fee structure
- Personal Contact Program (PCP) – University conducts PCP for distance education students on its campus. There are no additional charges for the program.
- Placement and Career Support – University has already placed 1370 distance education students through its placement initiatives.
University actively pursues placement opportunities for distance education students. 100+ companies participated in 190 placement drives conducted and recruited 1370 students. Here are the details of students placed in various companies
||Number of students placed
|Kotak Mahindra Bank
For any queries related to distance education admissions and general enquiries, the student may contact:
Lovely Faculty of Distance Education,
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar – Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1),
Phagwara, Punjab (India), 144411
E-mail: odl[email protected], [email protected]
LPU-DE has over 155 study centers throughout the country, so as to provide administrative and academic support to the students. The students are provided facilities of Study material, contact classes, and other resources, for aiding the distance education course. The details about the study centers are available at:
Distance Education Admission Important Dates
Last date to apply for admission into LPU distance education program (Jan-20 session) is 18-February-2020. Last date for Jul-2020 session is yet to be declared.
|Last Date of New and continuing Admissions
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs.500
|Last Date for Submission of Form for Change In Specialization, Electives & Medium
|Last Date for Submission of Form for Change in Program
LPU Admission FAQs
What is age limit for the LPU Distance MBA course?
There is no age limit for the distance programs. Any graduate fulfilling the eligibility can apply for the course.
I am an entrepreneur. Am I eligible for the distance MBA course by LPU?
Yes, the distance MBA course is designed to offer the flexibility to entrepreneurs and working professionals. The course also gives a foundation in various management concepts. This will help you manage your business better.
Can I pursue PhD after completion of LPU Distance MBA?
The MBA offered by LPU is a masters program approved by UGC. This makes you eligible for the PhD programs though candidates are advised to check the requirements of the specific PnD program they want to pursue.
Do you offer EMI Facility?
Lovely Professional University allows the students to pay for the semester at the start of the semester. But we do not an EMI facility though the students can avail EMI option on their Credit Card statement.
Can I pursure more than one program simultaneously from LPU Distance Education?
No, students can enrol into only one program at a time.
Which other distance programs are offered by the university?
- Bachelor Of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor Of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor Of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor Of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor Of Library And Information Sciences
- Bsc IT
- Diploma In Computer Application
- Diploma In Library And Information Sciences
- Master Of Arts Economics
- Master Of Arts Education
- Master Of Arts English
- Master Of Arts Hindi
- Master Of Arts History
- Master Of Arts Mathematics
- Master Of Arts Poutical Science
- Master Of Arts Sociology
- Master Of Business Administration
- Master Of Commerce
- Master Of Computer Applications
- Master Of Library And Information Sciences
- Msc IT
- Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma In Computer Applications