LPU Distance Education (LPUDE) Admissions 2023, Fee Structure, Eligibility
LPU Distance MBA
Lovely Professional University is a private University established in the year 2005 by Lovely International Trust. Lovely Professional University, claims to be the largest university in terms of number of students on a single campus.
The LPU Directorate of Distance Education (LPU-DDE) strives to bridge the gap between education seekers and working professionals.
The university is well known for its adoption of modern facilities such as the exhaustive online support and the personal contact programs. It also facilitates comprehensive evaluation, affordable fee structure, and provision of student career support.
Distance MBA here is of 2 years which has the maximum duration of 4 years. It provides a variety of specialization on this course like Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Finance, Data Science, Operations Management, etc.
LPU Distance Management Programs
Lovely Professional University offers distance management programs for students who want to business leaders and managers in the future. The program offers important skills and knowledge to that will aid the future leaders in effective and successful management of the projects.
The course is offered as MBA and PGDBM. MBA is a 2 year course with maximum duration of 5 years. PGDBM is a 1 year course that can be completed in 3 years.
All the study material is provided only online. If student wants printed material, additional charge will apply.
|Name of the Course||Distance MBA|
|University||Lovely Professional University Distance Education|
|Type of University||Private University|
|Distance Program Website||
|Approved By||UGC and Distance Education Council|
|Total Fees||Rs. 66,000/- (Approximately)|
|Contact University||1800 3001 1800 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Program Start year||2015|
|Application Form Fee||Rs. 550/-|
|Minimum Duration||2 years|
|Maximum Duration||4 years|
|Program Type||Master Degree|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
LPU Distance MBA Admission procedure
STEP 1 – Obtain Prospectus and Application form
The distance MBA application form and prospectus may be obtained from the university campus, or from other information centers as specified by the university by remitting a fee of Rs. 550/- via cash/Demand Draft. The application form may also be downloaded from the website.
The students can also apply online.
- Go to the official website of the LPU distance learning.
- Click on the Apply Now option available at the top of the webpage. This will redirect you to the registration portal.
- Fill out all the details asked in the form which will lead the candidate to get a call from the counsellor of the college.
- Upload necessary documents online.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 550 online through Net banking/Credit card/Debit Card or pay offline through a Demand Draft in favour of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education”, payable at Jalandhar.
STEP 2 – Fill Application form and attach documents
After having filled in the application form, the student must enclose the copies of following documents self-attested and attested by a competent authority:
- Photocopy of Matriculation certificate specifying Date of Birth
- Photocopy of Graduation degree certificate and details marks card.
- Photocopy of Proof of Residence (Passport/Voter Identity Card/RationCard/Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/Bank Account Statement)
- Photocopy of a document with candidate’s signature on it (Only for verification and needed if no other document already carries the signature)
- If applicable also attach disability certificate, employment certificate. Defense and paramilitary force candidates also need to service certificate.
- If the candidate has applied after a gap in his/her studies, an undertaking for Gap Period needs to be attached.
- If a candidate is awaiting result due to reasons like backlog, result-awaited, re-appearing for exam, should also attach an undertaking with necessary details.
- Two passport size colored photographs
- Demand Draft of the prescribed fee in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar.
- Before sending the DD, please mentioned following details on the back of the DD – program applied along with program code, applicant’s and father’s name, admission id, admission number if allotted, application number.
The university may ask for original documents for verification during or after the admission process.
STEP 3 – Pay Course Fee
Pay the course fee by DD in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar. This includes Programme Fee, Examination Fee and Late Fee if applicable. Printed course material cost Rs.1000/-. Fee for subsequent semesters can be paid online.
STEP 4 – Submit Application Form
The filled in application form along with all the enclosures and DD must be submitted before the last date of submission as mentioned in the notification, prospectus or website (www.lpude.in)
It can be submitted by any of the following modes
- In person at any of the aforementioned centers or University Campus in Phagwara
- Through registered post to:
Project Head (Admissions),
Lovely Faculty of Distance Education,
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar-Delhi G.T Road, (NH-1),
Once the candidate has submitted the application form, the University will review all the information provided by the candidate. Then a registration number will be generated by the University and candidates need to share their enrolment details with the University. After paying the fees, the candidate will be admitted to the University.
LPU Distance MBA Fee Structure 2023-24
The total fee for LPU Distance MBA in 2023 is Rs.66,000/-. The tuition fee per semester is Rs.14,000/-
The institute charges Rs.1500 per semester for examination fee and Rs.1000/- for study material.
The program fee for the first semester is to be paid along with the admission fee. The fee for the subsequent semesters must be paid before the corresponding semester. The fee must be paid via Demand Draft in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar. The fee for second semester onwards can be paid online.
All study material can be accessed online. But if the student wants printed material, it can be obtained by paying Rs. 1000/-.
|Semester Fee||Rs. 14,000|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 1,500|
|Study material cost||Rs. 1,000|
|Total (Per Semester)||Rs. 16,500|
Note – The students need to pay the first semester fee at the time of admission. All other dues must be settled before the first end-of-semester exam.
- The fee due must be paid by the deadline as published on the university website or prospectus. If the candidate fails to pay the fee by the deadline, admission will be cancelled.
- Students can seek permission in writing to pay fees after the deadline. Student may be required to pay late fee in such case.
- Fee should not be paid in cash. First payment needs to be made by DD and all subsequent payments can be made with by DD or through online payment gateway.
- Please mention Contact Number, Your Name, Father’s Name, Application Number, Program name on the backside of the DD.
- Course waiver does not entitle student for fee waiver or relaxation in fees. The student will have to pay full fees due.
- Fee once paid is not refundable.
Scholarships for LPU Distance MBA Programs
The University facilitates for scholarships for the SC/ST and OBC category students through the post matric scholarship scheme of the Punjab Government.
The university also offers sports scholarship. Full fee is waived for International, National, and state level sports players.
For students with disability, the university offers fee waivers –
- Full tuition fee waiver and other fee examination and prospectus fee waiver
- Hostel dormitory fee waivered if they avail during the exams.
- Students has to pay other residential services like food, laundry, etc
LPU Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The university requires that the student must possess a graduate degree from any recognized university to be eligible for admission into the LPU Distance MBA. Detailed eligibility criteria is given below –
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent from any recognized University.
- Candidates must have completed Company Secretary (CS) from Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Candidates must have completed Chartered Accountancy (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or Completed Cost & Management Accountancy (CMA) from Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI)
LPU Distance MBA Specializations Offered
Lovely Professional University provides the flexibility to choose a core specialization, or have a Major-Minor in their MBA course. The specializations in the course are as follows:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Retail Management
- Data Science Management
- Digital Marketing Management
- Business Analytics Management
LPU Distance MBA Program Approval
Lovely Professional University has been approved and accredited for its Distance Learning course by the following:
- University Grants Commission- Distance Education Bureau (UGC- DEB)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- World Education Services (WES)
Top magazines and survey institutes have constantly ranked Lovely Professional University as one of the best institutes for Distance Education.
- Ranked 74th globally by the Times Higher Education Impact Ranking in 2022.
- Ranked 64th by the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Education and Government of India rankings 2021 amongst all the private and government universities in India.
- In the World University Rankings 2023, LPU ranked in the 23rd position amongst the top Universities in the country. This ranking is one of the most prestigious rankings in the country.
- In the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), LPU ranked in the 3rd position amongst the top private Universities in the country.
Distance Education Program Features
- Online Study Material – Most of the study material is available online for quick access.
- Affordable fee structure
- Personal Contact Program (PCP) – University conducts PCP for distance education students on its campus. There are no additional charges for the program.
- Placement and Career Support – University has already placed 1370 distance education students through its placement initiatives.
University actively pursues placement opportunities for distance education students. 100+ companies participated in 190 placement drives conducted and recruited 1370 students. Here are the details of students placed in various companies
|Recruiter||Number of students placed|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||33|
Besides, Jalandhar and Phagwara, LPU-DE has study centers throughout the country, so as to provide administrative and academic support to the students. The students are provided facilities of Study material, contact classes, and other resources, for aiding the distance education course.
Distance Education Admission Important Dates
Last date to apply for LPU distance MBA is 31-March-2023 for the March-2023 session.
|Last Date of New Admissions||31-March-2023|
|Induction of freshly enrolled students||18-Apr-2023|
|Start of End Term Examination||17-June-2023|
LPU Admission FAQs
What is age limit for the LPU Distance MBA course?
There is no age limit for the distance programs. Any graduate fulfilling the eligibility can apply for the course.
I am an entrepreneur. Am I eligible for the distance MBA course by LPU?
Yes, the distance MBA course is designed to offer the flexibility to entrepreneurs and working professionals. The course also gives a foundation in various management concepts. This will help you manage your business better.
Can I pursue PhD after completion of LPU Distance MBA?
The MBA offered by LPU is a masters program approved by UGC. This makes you eligible for the PhD programs though candidates are advised to check the requirements of the specific PnD program they want to pursue.
Do you offer EMI Facility?
Lovely Professional University allows the students to pay for the semester at the start of the semester. But we do not an EMI facility though the students can avail EMI option on their Credit Card statement.
Can I pursure more than one program simultaneously from LPU Distance Education?
No, students can enrol into only one program at a time.
Is LPU good for distance MBA?
LPU has been ranked high by various ranking agencies. It was ranked among top three best distance education by Career Connect magazine. The university also offers career services to its students.
Last Updated: 19-April-2023