DY Patil Distance MBA
Why Distance MBA at DY Patil Institute of Distance Learning?
DY Patil University or DY Patil Vidyapeeth is located in Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pune. It has more than 10 Educational institutions under its ambit catering various fields like Medicine, Dentistry, Allied Medical Sciences, Nursing, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Management and Distance Learning.
The DY Patil Institute of Distance Learning (IDL) is the 8th institute to be set up by the university.
DY Patil Institute of Distance Learning offers a 2 year Distance MBA in around 8 specializations. The maximum duration to complete the course is 4 years.
The highlights of the course are-
- The course material is provided by the university in PDF, print and audio-visual format.
- 24/7 web support is available for the convenience of students. Students need to send their queries/complaints via email and they will receive a reply within 48 hours.
- Students can interact with the faculty via phone, online chat or at Personal Contact Sessions conducted at Pune.
- University conducts personal contact program (PCP) that helps students interact with faculty and fellow students and understand the concepts better. 12 such programs are conducted every year.
- Video Recorded Lectures – University conducts live lectures and video recording of these is made available online.
DY Patil Institute of Distance Learning has been approved by the following authorities-
- Union Grants Commission (UGC)
- Distance Education Board (DEB)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
The institute is also a member of the Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture, Pune (MCCIA).
DY Patil University has been ranked 1st among private universities in Maharashtra, 4th Youngest Private University and 47th University in India, by National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF).
Distance MBA Specialization offered
The list below shows the number of Distance MBA specializations offered by this institute-
DY Patil Distance Learning Institute also offers Post Graduate Diploma and Certificate Courses in Management.
Distance MBA Admission and application procedure
STEP 1 Online Registration
As a first step students need to register online at http://onlinembaadmissions.dpu.edu.in/login2019.aspx and fill in the application form with personal and educational information.
STEP 2 Upload Documents
The students need to upload the scanned copies of the document for verification –
- Mark sheet/certificate of classes 10th and 12th
- All years mark sheets of graduation degree
- Passing certificate / degree certificate
- Scanned photo, signature and aadhar card.
- Transfer certificate
STEP 3 Application Fee Payment
A payment of Rs. 500 should be made through a DD/Cheque via any Indian bank, in favour of “Institute of Distance Learning, Pimpri”, payable at Pune. Payment can be made through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
STEP 4 Wait for Eligibility Verification
Once the university receives the documents and application fee, it will verify the eligibility of the student. Students will be informed by email and SMS about the status of their application.
STEP 5 Pay Tuition Fee
Fill in rest of the details in the application form online e.g. Employment/Experience Details. Pay course fee using Credit/Debit Card, Netbanking/UPI online.
Once payment is received, the university will confirm the admission. An email and SMS with details of DPU-ERP and LMS URLs and login credentials will be sent to the student.
A downloadable admission form is available on the DY Patil Institute’s website. Students must duly fill the course name they wish to opt for, basic information, educational details, work experience (if any) and the undertaking. Paste a passport sized coloured photograph. The form must be sent along with the relevant self-attested documents to the admission office of the university.
DY Patil Distance MBA Fee structure
The total Fee for the 2 year Distance MBA Program at DY Patil University is Rs 75,000.
The fee structure is the same for all MBA specializations offered. However, extra fees for exams, projects, certificates, transcripts and attestation must be paid. The fees can be paid in full or semester-wise.
Here’s an overview of the extra fee-
|Types of extra fees
||Amount to be paid
|Mark sheet fee
A refund with a deduction of Rs 1000 can be availed within 15 days of the admission. After 15 days no refund request shall be entertained.
The basic eligibility criterion for admission into the Distance MBA Program is as follows:
- The Candidate must be 18 years or above on the day of the admission. There is no upper age limit.
- The candidate must possess a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 45% marks (40% in case student belongs to reserved category and resides in Maharashtra)
- Students also need to quality entrance test conducted by the university (AIET) or any other national test like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA
Important dates for DY Patil Institute of Distance MBA
Last date to apply for the MBA program January 2020 batch is 1st October 2019. Last date for July 2020 batch is 1st May 2020.
The admission procedure begins twice every year. 2 batches of students are admitted annually in the months of January and July. The important dates to be kept in mind are as follows:
||1 October 2019
||1 May 2020
|Last date for registration
||14 January 2020
||15 July 2020
|Last date for registration (with late fee)
||25 January 2020
||26 July 2020
||21 January 2020
||22 July 2020
DY Patil Distance Education Study Centres
Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth has a number of study centres within Pune. There’s a Dental College, a Physiotherapy College, an Optometry and Visual Sciences Institute and a number of others. Here’s a list of these well known academic institutions:
- Dr DY Patil Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Institute, Pune
- Dr DY Patil College of Physiotherapy, Pune
- Dr DY Patil Dental College and Hospital, Pune
- Dr DY Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pune
- Global Business School and Research Centre, Pune
- Dr DY Patil Institute of Nursing Education, Pune
- Dr DY Patil Optometry and Visual Sciences Institute
Distance Education Contact details
Students can contact on the following emails and numbers in order to resolve any of their queries:
|DY Patil Institute of Distance Learning
Updated On – 16-November-2019