Anna University Distance MBA
Anna University is one of the premier institutions in Tamil Nadu offering Distance Education. It is highly ranked among the best institutions offering Distance education courses. The university offers professional courses such as MBA, MCA, M.Sc. The university has also been offering these courses through the online mode since 2007.
Admissions are held in two cycles throughout the year – Academic year Cycle (July) and Calendar Year cycle (January).
University conducts its own entrance test (DEET) for admission in distance MBA program. Test is conducted twice in a year and separate entrance test is conducted for MBA and MCA courses.
STEP 1 – Application Form
The application forms can be obtained in print from the CDE, Anna University by paying Rs.650/- towards the application. The application may also be obtained from any of the study centers by remitting a Demand Draft of Rs.650/-. It may also be obtained online from university official website, but the student will need to enclose a demand draft of Rs.650/- along with the filled in application form.
STEP 2 – Entrance Test
Admissions are based on the DEET (Distance Education Entrance Test). A rank list of the marks obtained in the DEET is prepared and the admission is based on the ranking of the student. Similarly, a separate list for TANCET candidates is made on basis of the TANCET score.
STEP 3 – Document Submission
The students after the provisional selection will need to submit the documents to the university, and also pay the amount as specified in the fee structure. The specified document list includes
- SSLC or its equivalent
- HSC or its equivalent
- Diploma / Degree or Provisional Certificate
- Mark sheets of all years / semester of the bachelor’s degree exam
- Transfer Certificate
- TANCET marks card if applicable
- Photograph card
- Original Demand Draft for online application
The fee is payable through demand draft in favor of the “The Director, Centre of Distance Education, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
Completed applications must be sent to “The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai 600 025” so as to reach on or before the last date either by post or in person.
STEP 4 – Admission Confirmation
Candidates eligible for admission will be informed through counselling call letter. Candidates need to attend the counselling process to confirm admission. Selection will be based on TANCET/DEET score and specialization will be allotted based on candidate’s choice.
Distance MBA Fee Structure 2021-2022
Total fee for Distance MBA from Anna university is Rs. 56,150/- which is payable in 4 installments. Rs.18,650/- need to be paid at the time of admission and Rs.12,500/- in 3 subsequent semesters.
The candidates from other states have to pay an additional fee of Rs.400 towards recognition fee.
The above fee is inclusive of a refundable caution deposit of Rs.5, 000/-. All fees may be paid via demand draft in favor of the “Director, Centre of Distance Learning, Anna University”.
The university does not offer any kind of scholarships to its students, but it exempts the physically disabled students from the tuition fee. Such students have to produce a certificate from the Chairman, District Medical Board in the prescribed form as available in the website, or the CDE Office.
For the MBA course, the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- The student must possess a Bachelor’s degree from any of the recognized university under the 10+2+3 education pattern
- A pass in the Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET), conducted by CDE, Anna University, Chennai. Students with valid TANCET score are also eligible.
- The program has no age restrictions.
Anna University offers a variety of specializations in its MBA course, for various job perspectives. The specializations provided are as follows:
- General Management
- Technology Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Health Services Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Operations Management
Anna University is an AICTE/ UGC Recognized university, and has all of its courses approved by the Distance Education Bureau, DEC.
Anna University is ranked 7th among the top 10 universities in India for distance Education for its MBA course by Careers360 in 2012. It is constantly ranked among the top 10 universities in India.
Last to submit application form for admission into Distance MBA program by Anna university is 30-November-2021. The entrance test DEET will be held on 05-December-2021.
The important dates for admissions into the MBA course of Anna University for the Calendar Year cycle are as follows:
- Last date for registration – 30-November-2021
- Date of Entrance Test (DEET) – 05-December-2021
- Date of counselling and admission – 11 and 12th December 2021
For any queries regarding admissions into the MBA course, the candidate may contact the university at:
Communication Address: The Director
Centre for Distance Education
Chennai – 600 025
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
Enquiry – 044-22357216, 22357221, 64502506,64502507, 64502508
Website & Online Submission – 044 – 2235 7215
The university has 5 study centers in Chennai and 6 outside, to facilitate and make it convenient for the student to attend the personal lectures.
- Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai-25.
- College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai- 600 0 25.
- Alagappa College of Technology, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
- Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chrompet,Chennai – 600 044.
- Meenakshi Engineering College,K.K.Nagar, Chennai
- Anna University Regional Office Coimbatore, Maruthamalai Road, Navavoor,Coimbatore 641046
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Chinnavedampatti post Coimbatore-641 006
- KLN College of Engineering, Pottapalayam-630 611 Madurai District.
- University College of Engineering, BIT-Campus, Trichy-622515
- University College of Engineering Nagercoil, Konam, Nagercoil, Kanyakumari District – 629004
- University College of Engineering, Villupuram – 605 103.
Updated On – 27-September-2021