NMAT Quick Facts
|Name of the Examination
||Narsee Monjee Admission Test
|Commonly known as
||NMAT by GMAC
||Graduate Management Admission Council
|Type of Exam
|Application form release date
||3rd July 2018 to 3rd October 2018
|Date of Examination
||4th October 2018 to 17th December 2018
What is NMAT?
NMAT by GMAC is a popular and important management entrance exam conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). Untill 2015, it was named NMAT and conducted by NMIMS but now is renamed NMAT by GMAC. Last year over 85,000 appeared for this exam.
This exam acts as a gateway for admission into NMIMS (Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad Campus) along with 25 more top-ranked B-schools across the country. Some of these colleges are-
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB)
- IBS Hyderabad
- IMS Ghaziabad
- IBS Pune
- VIT Business School
- Chitkara University
- Ansal University
- Mody University
- Hyderabad Business School, Gitam University
- Amity University
For the complete list please check out the “Participating Institutes” segment of this article.
Structure of NMAT exam
NMAT examination consists of 120 objective type questions which are to be answered within 120 minutes (2 hours). It consists of three sections that test the students’ verbal, writing skill, and quantitative skill.
NMAT 2018 is an online computer based test, and each section is timed, giving the candidate limited time for each section. Below is a breakdown of subjects and the time allotted to each of them:
||Number of questions
|1. Quantitative skills
|2. Logical Reasoning
Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for the test. The candidate will be provided with 0 marks for wrong or attempted questions.
Furthermore, a student may retake the exam to improve their scores up to three times (including No Shows), if they are dissatisfied with their scores. It must also be noted that every student always gets a unique but equivalent test paper.
NMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the students who register for the NMAT, and pay the required fees, may sit for the test, and the eligibility criteria for each of the courses differ slightly from each other, and thus the student must take responsibility for having read the finer details of the eligibility clauses.
Below are the mentioned eligibility criteria for different programs offered by NMIMS Campuses-
- The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks or equivalent in aggregate.
For MBA HR
- The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university. He/she should have at least scored 50% or equivalent in aggregate.
- Candidate in their final year can also apply.
For MBA Pharmaceutical Management
- The candidate must have completed their bachelors degree in Pharmacy, MBBS, BDS, Life Science, BAMS. BHMS, B.sc or M.sc in Biotechnology.
- Post graduate degree holders in Economics, Psychology and Sociology can also apply.
- Graduate or postgraduate degree holders should have scored atleast 50% in aggregate.
- Candidates in final year can also apply.
Hyderabad & Bangalore Campus
- The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university. He/she should have atleast scored 50% or equivalent in aggregate.
- Candidate in their final year can also apply.
Eligibility criterion differs for specially challenged candidates. Click here for more information.
Application forms and submission procedure
The registration process for the NMAT is very lucid and simple. The candidate has to login/ register at the official NMAT website. Following is a step by step procedure of filling up the registration of the NMAT application form-
- Once on the official site, you will see a “Register Now” quick link on the right side of the screen.
- A new window will open. Fill out basic details like first name, last name, contact number, email-id, country and ‘new’ password. Click on the “Submit” button once you are done with filling out the details.
- An authentication email will sent on your mail. Once the email is verified, you can login with your email-id and password.
- Upon successfully login, you will be asked to provide personal and professional details like- Personal Details, Qualification, Work Experience, Contact Details, School preference (Important), Additional Details.
- Under “School Preferences”, a candidate can chose a maximum of 5 programmes/schools without paying any additional fee. If the candidate wishes to participate in more, he/she is required to pay INR 200 + taxes for each program/school.
- Candidates are advised to review their application form before the final submission. Post-submission no changes can be made EXCEPT “School Preference” and “Communication Preferences”.
- Click on the “SUBMIT” button to complete registration.
As per the new GMAC guidelines, aspirants can register/login through-
- Facebook Account
- Google Account
- Mobile OTP
- Last Year’s login details
Post submission of the application form candidates are required to pay the applicable exam fee. Follow the below mentioned procedure for the same-
- Click on the “Proceed with online payment” link appearing on the screen. The candidate has various online payment options. It is to be noted that there is no offline payment option for paying the NMAT exam fee. The online payment methods are Visa or MasterCard Debit/Credit card, Net Banking, American Express/Diner card, IMPS, UPI, Mobile Wallets
- Once you have successfully paid the exam fee, a confirmation will be sent to you along with your unique NMAT Registration number. This number should be kept safe, as this will be used for all future correspondence.
- Post payment of exam fee, a new window will open up allowing the candidate to choose his/her exam schedule.
Below is breakup of fee structure for different services:
|Test Registration (Early)
||INR 1800 + applicable taxes
|Test Registration (Late)
||INR 2000 + applicable taxes
||INR 1800 + applicable taxes
||INR 1000 + applicable taxes
|Additional score report (Beyond 5)
||INR 200 per score card + applicable taxes
NMAT 2018 Important Dates
The dates for the NMAT 2017 are as follows:
||1. July 04, 2017
|October 03, 2017
|July 04, 2017
||October 16, 2017
|October 04, 2017
||October 14, 2017
|3. Registration- Retake
||October 06, 2017
||December 14, 2017
|4. Re Scheduling
|July 04, 2017
||December 15, 2017
|October 06, 2017
||December 15, 2017
|October 05, 2017
||December 18, 2017
|Final Announcement of Result
||3rd week of January, 2018
|Last date for official score card download
||March 31, 2018
NMIMS may change the dates without prior notice, and the candidates are advised to revisit the official site frequently for updated information.
List of NMAT Examination Centres
NMAT is conducted all over India across 44 cities through 58 test centers in North, South, East, West and Central zone. As of 2018, GMAC has added additional 20 domestic centers and 4 International exam centers.
For the convenience of the candidate we have provided a list of all NMAT centers across the country and globally.
||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi
||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada, Tiruchirapalli
||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong
||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Surat, Vadodra
For Registration and payment queries
Contact Number- +917863008300 (Monday to Friday- 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST)
Contact Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
For Exam scheduling and rescheduling queries
Contact Number- 0120-4397855 (Monday to Saturday- 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST)
- For queries regarding exam scheduling, rescheduling, date/non-availability of seats or any other query during exam delivery, please contact at email@example.com.
- For queries regarding Accommodation or PWD support, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
For online practice exams by NMAT (Technical query only)
Contact Number- +91 8214002235 (Monday to Friday- 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST)
Contact Email- NMATSupport@excelindia.com
NMAT by GMAC Admit Card can be obtained from the official website by entering the required credentials (user id and password). It can be downloaded right after the candidate is done with the registration process.
The admission process for NMAT by GMAC had commenced from July 4, 2017 and ended on October 3rd, 2017. Candidates can get detailed information about the admit card below.
How can you download the admit card?
- Visit the official website of NMAT examination
- Enter login credentials- User id and password
- Click on NMAT 2018 admit card
- Download the admit card
- Print it and save a copy for future purposes
NMAT 2018 admit card will have the following details-
- Name of the candidate
- Address of the center
- Test date and time
NOTE- Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to sit for the exam under any circumstance.
The NMAT scores are scaled scores and these will be released within 4-5 weeks of the administering of the test.
The final percentile scores are calculated after all the candidates have taken their exams and will be notified on their website accordingly. You will also receive an email on your registered email id about the availability of scores. You can access your score by logging into the official website with your credentials.
The updated scorecard will be available in the 3rd week of January, 2018.
Details on the score card
The scorecard will contain marks scored by the candidate in each of the 3 sections as well as the percentile ranking.
Below is a range of scores which one can attain in the NMAT examination:
|Logical Reasoning Skills
The NMAT allows a student to take a maximum of 3 retakes during a particular time window in a year, and the scores are calculated as the consolidated best scores in each of the sections.
The scores, however, are valid for admission to the NMAT only for that particular year, and the student will have to re-attempt to apply again in the next year.
The NMIMS does not promote reservation in any way, and all admissions to its courses are done purely on merit. The physically disabled students nonetheless have a separate exam, of equal difficulty.
The fees for all the students are the same, and in no way are they discriminatory. The exam also follows no special cut-offs for any reserved category students.
For candidates suffering from any disability, NMAT has separate rules and guidelines which need to be followed. Please click here to know more.
NOTE- There is NO ‘Management Quota’ at NMIMS for MBA / MBA HR / PGDM Programs. If you receive any E-Mail / SMS related to it, consider it as Fraudulent. Beware of such activities and do no entertain any monetary transactions. Please report such activities to the Police and email@example.com
List of colleges accepting NMAT score
NPAT score is now accepted by renowned management schools in the country. Below is a list of 23 leading institutions accepting this exam score. For the benefit of the candidates, we have laid out percentile rankings accepted by these institutions.
|Name of the Institute
||NMAT Percentile accepted
|ICFAI B-Schools (IBS)
||Hyderabad and other cities
||Mumbai and 4 other cities
|Shiv Nadar University
NMAT 2018 Counselling Schedule
After the results of the NMAT are announced, shortlisted candidates must download the call letter from the official website. The candidates will have to attend the case discussion and personal interview, which will be held in Mumbai only.
The final merit list is prepared considering the application work, academic performance marks obtained in the NMAT and the case discussion and personal interview.
The selections are purely done on merit, and the candidates who have applied for multiple courses will be offered a single seat in order of preference, subject to availability of the seat and the merit score required for that particular stream.
Documents Required while counseling for NMAT
Candidates must know about the required documents required to bring while appearing for NMAT Counseling.
- Original counseling letter
- Original Admit card
- All the original and at least 2 photocopies of certificates of 10th & 12th class
- Rank Card / Hall Ticket
- Scorecard (if applicable)
- Original degree/provisional certificate if the candidate is appearing
- Community certificate (SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed by the authorized authority
- Medical documents mentioned on NMAT application form
- 4-6 Passport size photographs color and black and white
- Other supportive documents mentioned on the NMAT application form.
- Bank draft (as per the guidelines mentioned on NMAT prospect)
NOTE- Candidates are advised to bring along at least 2-3 photocopies of the original documents.