Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University registered under UGC Act 1956 which targets on higher education and research in fields of Engineering, Medicine, Management, Mass Communication and Social Work. It has five campuses at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Kochi and Mysore.
Structure of Entrance Exam:
Entrance test is an objective type based paper with 100 questions in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry consisting of four responses with each incorrect answer attracting (-1 mark) and correct answer will attract 3 marks. It is conducted in two modes : Online mode and offline Mode.The Duration of the test is 2 ½ hours. The paper is divided into following sections:
Mathematics - 40 questions
Physics - 30 questions
Chemistry 30 questions
The Minimum education qualification required to appear in Amrita Entrance exam is a passing certificate in 10+2 (xii) or an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics but not less than 55% marks individually on each of these three subjects or else a Three year diploma in Engineering with minimum 60% marks, grant by any State Board of Technical Education.
Candidates applying for examination shall be born on or after 1st July 1994.
How to Apply?
One could register online through this website. Candidate's photograph and signature must be in digital format .Payment can be done through Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card and in Case if you are willing to pay the application form fee as demand draft, you should have the demand draft for rs.1000 drawing in favour of "Amrita School Of Engineering ",Payable at "Coimbatore".
Application can also be obtained by post by writing a request indicating applicant's full address together with a Demand Draft, from the Admission Co-ordinators of Amrita Schools of Engineering at
Amritapuri:Admission Co-ordinator,?Amrita School of Engineering,?Amritapuri, Clappana (P.O.),?Kollam – 690 525,?Kerala, India.?Tel: 0476 – 2809400/9402/9405
Bengaluru : Admission Co-ordinator,?Amrita School of Engineering,?Kasavanahalli, Carmelaram (P.O.),?Bengaluru – 560 035,?Karnataka, India.?Tel: 080 – 25183700
Coimbatore : Admission Co-ordinator,?Amrita School of Engineering,?Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham,?Amritanagar Post, Ettimadai,?Coimbatore 641 112, Tamil Nadu, India.?Phone: 0422 - 2685169 / 170.
Application process will only be completed after the demand draft is received with the printed copy of the application.
Candidates must read the Information handbook before applying online, multiple application will be rejected .If payment is not made application will be treated as incomplete and rejected without any notice. Candidates are required to keep printed copy on application for future reference.
After the results are declared, candidates are requested to keep a check on the website regularly to have regular updates. Time and date of counselling session for different courses are announced on the website and candidate can proceed further for the counselling session if secured a rank. After the counselling is done, candidates are admitted according to the rank secured and on the basis of availability of seats.
The notification for the Amrita University exam came around in the month of October in 2014 regarding the sale of application forms and about the syllabus.
The syllabus for the exam comprises of the following sections:
The test would contain 100 objective type questions for a duration of about 2 1/2 hours which is 150 minutes.
The sections are:
- Mathematics - 40 questions:- Questions could be asked from Complex numbers, linear inequalities, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem, Sequence and series, matrices and determinants, quadratic equations, relations and functions, trigonometry, measures of Central tendency and dispersion, probability, differential calculus, integral calculus, differential equations, two Dimensional geometry, conic sections, circles and family of circles, the straight line and pair of straight lines, vector ,Algebra, three dimensional geometry.
- Physics - 30 questions:-Questions could be asked from units and dimensions, mechanics, solids and fluids, oscillations and waves, heat and Thermodynamics, electrostatics, current electricity and magnetostatics, electomagnetic induction and Electromagnetic waves ray and wave optics, modern physics.
- Chemistry - 30 questions:-Questions could be asked from Basic concepts, atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure,Equilibrium and thermodynamics, electrochemistry, kinectis and surface chemistry, solid state and solutions, Hydrogen’s-block elements-block elements, d, f-block elements, co-ordination compounds, basic organic chemistry and techniques,hydrocarbons,halaolkanes and haloarenes,alcohols,phenols and ethers,aldehydes,ketones, carboxylic acids and amines, polymers and biomolecules,environmental chemistry and chemistry in everyday life.
Important dates to keep in mind:
Amrita university online application form available: 5th November, 2014
Amrita university offline application form available: 17th November, 2014
Last date of issue of OMR Application form: 23 March, 2015
Last date for receiving completed applications (OMR and Online): 25 March, 2015
Hall ticket downloads: 15th March, 2015
Computer Based Test (CBT): 16-18 April, 2015
Paper & Pencil Based Test (P&P): 25 April, 2015
To check the list of test centres , one can go through this link to have a clear idea as to how many cities would be conducting exam and one can choose the test centre as per own convenience. Also, to check the application outlets, one can go through this link to have a clear idea as to from where one would be able to get their application form as per own convenience.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Amritanagar, Coimbatore - 641 112
Phone : +91 422 2685000
Fax: +91422 2686274
Website : www.amrita.edu
The result is predicted to be declared around second week of May in 2015 and one should start checking the official website soon after the entrance exams are over. The official notification for the result would be out on the official website.
Distribution of seats :
Once the results are out , one can go through Amrita University’s official website to have a look at the number of seats available in different courses at different campuses of Amrita University and one is allotted a seat according to the rank secured and also on the basis of the seat availability. Candidate is advised to check the official website regularly to follow up the updates.
Counselling schedule :
Counselling begins as soon as the result is out in May/June 2015.The candidates are shortlisted on the basis Of rank in the Amrita Entrance Test and after they are shortlisted, the candidates must make sure about their Eligibility before attending the counselling. Counselling will be held at the three campuses of the Amrita University and candidates can attend any of the campus’ counselling. Qualifying candidates are requested to download the call letter from the official website after the results are published. Counselling will be separate from SC/ST candidates and General candidates. As per the ranks , counselling would be held in two slots : morning slot and an afternoon slot. Candidates must bring following original documents at the time Of counselling :
- Hall ticket of Amrita University exam
- Class 10th mark sheet + 1 Xerox
- Class 12th mark sheet + 1 Xerox
- Class 12th hall ticket + 1 Xerox
- Community certificate , if applicable + Xerox
- Tranfer certificate from the last school attended
- Conduct certificate from the last school attended
- Amrita University counselling letter
- Counselling fees of Rs. 5,000/- must be paid by Demand Draft which is non-refundable.