FMS( Faculty of Management Studies) which is situated in Delhi welcomes candidates from all over the world to be a part of world class education and admits students under MBA and PhD programmes through CAT score.
Structure of the exam : (as per CAT)
CAT is Common Admission test and the duration of the exam is 170 minutes and consists of two sections : Quantitative ability and Data interpretation while the second part consists of Verbal ability and logical reasoning with each section containing 50 questions.Each correct answer will attract 3 marks while for each wrong answer 1 mark would be deducted.
- For full two year MBA program : Must hold a bachelor’s degree after 10+2 with at least 50% marks at the graduation level for general category students while for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/CW is 45% while the candidates appearing in the final year are also eligible to apply.
- For two year MBA executive evening program : Must hold a bachelor’s degree after 10+2 with at least 45% marks at the graduation level in any of the discipline : Arts , commerce , Social sciences , science , medicine , mathematics , statistics , engineering , technology. Also he/she must hold at least 5 years of experience at an executive position or an administrator position in a commercial or governmental or registered organisation after having completed the graduation. The candidate is requested to present a “ No objection certificate “ from the employer or either should be sponsored.
- For two year evening MBA executive in Health care administration programme : Must hold a bachelor’s degree after 10+2 with at least 45% marks at graduation level in any discipline : Medicine/Dentistry/Biotechnology/Genomics/Genetics/nursing/pharmacology/anthropology/zoology/paramedical discipline etc. He/she must have atleast 5 years of experience as an executive or a administrator in a commercial or governmental or registered organisation after having completed the graduation and should provide a No objection certificate from the employer or either should be sponsered.
- For PhD program : Must hold a master’s or a M.Phil degree from a recognized University. Must have obtained atleast 50% marks in M.phil or atleast 55% marks in Master’s. Candidates having a master’s degree from University of Delhi or equivalent in any allied course are expected to write the CAT examination and are required to have a minimum experience of two years post their Master’s degree.Permanent teachers , employees of a research institute in India and candidates sponsered by the employers are also eligible to apply of they agree to obtain study leave for a period of two years.
How to apply ?
Online registrations for FMS 2015-17 batch began on Nov 11 ‘ 2014 and candidates had to register by going through this link with all the necessary instructions already mentioned on the website.
Students are shortlisted on the basis of the CAT score. Cut off’s are declared by the college and are put up on the website and accordingly , students are then called for Group discussion and personal interview session and students are then finally selected on the basis of their performance in Group discussions and interview session.
The notification for the FMS admissions came around in the month of September in 2014 regarding the availability of online application forms for MBA and PhD programmes.
Syllabus for the exam : (as per CAT )
CAT is a 170 minute paper with 2 sections. Each section consists of 50 questions. The different sections are :
- Quantitative ability : Topics that would be covered : Number systems , HCF and LCM , Percentages , Profit , loss and discount , Simple and compound interest , Speed , time and distance , Time and work , Mensuration , average , ratio and proportion , linear equations , quadratic equations , complex numbers , logarithm , progressions , binomial theorem , surds and indices , inequalities , permutations and combinations , probability , functions , set theory , geometry , co-ordinate geometry , trigonometry.
- Data interpretation : Tables , column graphs , line charts , bar graphs , pie chart , venn diagram , caselets. All the data is given in this form.
- Logical reasoning : Number and letter series , clocks , calendars , cubes , venn diagrams , binary logic , seating arrangement , logical sequence , logical matching , logical connectives , syllogism , blood relations.
- Verbal ability : Synonyms , antonyms , English usage , grammar , sentence correction , fill in the blanks , cloze passage , analogies , reverse analogies , jumbled paragraph , summary questions , verbal reasoning , facts , inferences , judgement , reading comprehension , idioms , phrases , use of articles , prepositions.
Important dates to keep in mind
- Online application opens : October 8th , 2014 ( for MBA regular and PhD)
- Online application closes : November 10th , 2014(for MBA regular and PhD)
- Online application opens : November 11th ‘ 2014 (for MBA executive and MBA executive in healthcare)
- Online application closes : December 31st ‘ 2014(for MBA executive and MBA executive in healthcare)
- Registrations for CAT : August 06-October 07 ‘ 2014
- Exam date : November 16 and November 22 ‘ 2014
- Result : 27th Dec ‘ 2014
To check the list of CAT test centres , one may go through this link to have an insight as to which cities form a part of CAT.
Management Science Association
Faculty of Management studies
University of Delhi
Delhi – 110007
Email : [email protected]
Contact : 011-27666382-388
The result of CAT 2014 was out on 27th December ‘ 2014 and the list of shortlisted students in already on the official website of FMS.
Distribution of seats
To have an insight , as to how many seats are distributed among courses , one must go through the FMS’ official website. One can also go through this link to have an insight as to how seats are distributed among castes.
After the results are declared , Group discussions and personal Interviews take place within the campus itself which is situated in Delhi. Cut offs are declared by the college and accordingly , candidates are shortlisted. After they are shortlisted , candidates are required to attend the group discussion and personal interview sessions. In PI round , candidate is asked questions on their experience and also their knowledge of the subject at undergrad level is tested. A final list is put up on the college’s website after reviewing the CAT score , GD round and PI round.