||Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Common Admission Test
|Commonly Known As
||National Level Examination
|Mode of Exam
|Number of questions
||20 questions in each 5 sections
General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Affairs
|Type of questions
||2 hours and 30 minutes
||Bachelors degree with at least 60%
|| 26th & 27th May 2018
What is SRMJEEM?
SRMJEEM stands for Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Common Admission Test which gives students a chance to secure an admission into an MBA course offered at this university. The following are the programs for which the results of SRMJEEM are valid:
- MBA programs – 2-year duration
- Integrated MBA programs – 5-year duration
The different specializations offered at this university include:
- Project Management
- Media and Communication
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Supply Chain Management
Pattern of SRMJEEM 2018
This exam can only be taken through the online mode. The paper is divided into 5 sections, with each section having 20 questions, giving us a grand total of 100 questions that need to be answered in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The following are the five sections:
- Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Affairs
Every correct answer is awarded 3 marks and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. The exam can only be taken in English. The gist of the pattern is as follows:
||No. of questions
||2 Hours 30 Minutes
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Affairs
As one can see from the above pattern, this exam focuses on the aptitude and reasoning abilities of the candidate rather than on the candidate’s theoretical knowledge. However, it should be noted that SRMJEEM is just the first step among many steps to secure an admission into this university.
SRMJEEM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The following is the list of criteria that candidates applying for the exam should fulfill.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- Students in their final year can also apply for the exam.
- Final year students will have to give their graduation certificate by 31st July 2018.
- Candidates who have attempted GMAT or CAT or MAT or TANCET are also eligible to apply to this university.
It is mandatory that the candidates fulfill all the above-mentioned criteria to apply for the exam.
SRMJEEM Application and submission procedure
The first and the foremost step is to visit the official SRM website and register oneself. For registration, the candidate has to provide his / her name, email id, residential address, contact number and a password.
Additionally, the candidate will also be asked for verification. A verification mail will be sent to the candidate’s email id. On successful creation of an account, the candidate is required to login to their respective accounts. The candidate has to choose the course they are applying for and based on their chosen course, they will have to download the application form. Once the application form is downloaded the candidates have to fill up the form with care.
Following details will be asked in the form:
- Personal details – Name, age, gender, email id, contact number, address etc
- Guardian’s details – Parent’s names, occupation, contact information
- Educational Details – Details about the candidate’s bachelors degree, Master’s degree (if any)
- Work Experience – Name of the company, number of years worked
It is to be noted that an incomplete application or an application that has been filled up incorrectly will be immediately rejected. Also, the candidate has no way of knowing whether their application has been rejected as no notification will be released by the university.
Next phase is uploading the required documents. The list of documents that need to be uploaded are as follows:
- Mark sheets
It is to be noted that the size of all the above-mentioned files should not exceed 500KB. Once they have uploaded the required documents, candidates can go forward and pay the exam fees. The fee is Rs. 1000 (for all candidates) and can be paid either through net banking, debit card or credit card.
There is also an offline mode for filling up the application. The candidates who wish to opt for the offline mode should go to SRM University and collect the application form by paying the required fee. The candidate then needs to fill the form, attach the required documents and pay the application fees.
Specifically, they need to get a demand draft from any bank in the name of SRMIST, payable at Chennai. Once they have done all of the above-mentioned steps, they need to post these documents to the following address:
Kattankulathur – 603203
On successful submission of the application form, the candidate is given the choice of selecting their preferred exam center. As SRMJEEM is conducted all across India, the candidate can choose the center that suits him/her. The candidate has to give three choices and they will be allotted the center based on their preference and the availability.
SRMJEEM 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will be available during the 1st week of April. To get their admit cards, candidates have to login to the official portal, click on the admit card tab, download the card and take a printout of this document. It is a must that the candidates bring their admit card while appearing for the exam as they will not be allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card.
Additionally, candidates will also have to carry with them a photo id, along with the admit card as this will be used for verification purposes at the exam hall. The photo id can be any one of the following documents:
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
The following are the details mentioned on the admit card:
- Candidates Name
- Date of Birth
- Application Number
- Venue of the test
- Date and timings of the exam
- General Instructions
Electronics like mobile phones and calculators are strictly prohibited and anyone found with these devices will immediately be asked to leave and their test score will stand cancelled. It is important that the applicant reaches the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam as this will give them enough time for document verification and exam preparation.
It is also beneficial if the candidate checks all the details mentioned on the admit card. In case of any discrepancies, the applicant has to immediately report to the university. Specifically, they can either go in person or write a mail to the concerned people mentioning their problem.
SRMJEEM Admission Process
The results of the exam will be announced during the 1st week of May. Candidates can check their results online by going to the university’s official website and entering their application number and date of birth for verification.
In doing so, the results will be displayed and the candidate is advised to take a printout of the result. A merit list will be prepared too, based on which the candidates will be called for the next rounds, namely group discussion and personal interview. Candidates who clear these two rounds will be called for counseling.
Additionally, all the eligible candidates will get a counseling call letter specifying the date and time of their counseling. The following is the list of all the documents that need to be carried by the candidate while going for the counseling:
- Counseling call letter
- Academic Records like 10th grade mark sheet, 12th grade mark sheet, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree (if any)
- Photo Id – Aadhaar Card, PAN Card or Passport
- Candidate’s result, also known as scorecard
- Admit card for SRMJEEM 2018
- 5 passport size photographs
- 2 photocopies of all the above-mentioned documents
Once the verification of documents is completed, candidates can choose the course based on the availability and pay the admission fees. The admission fee is an indicator to the college that the candidate has accepted the chosen seat at their university.
Next, the candidate will be given the details of the fee structure (tuition as well as hostel) and the date of commencement of classes. It is imperative that the candidates pay their fees before the commencement of the classes and if they fail to do so, their seat will be cancelled.
The timeline for the exam is as follows:
- Start of application process – January 2018
- Last date for online application – 26th March 2018
- Slot booking – 24th March 2018 to 3rd April 2018
- Admit Card Downloading – 5th April 2018
- Exam Date – 21st and 22nd April
- Declaration of Results – 1st week of May 2018
- Counseling Process – 3rd week of May 2018
Although no particular notification was released, the application process began in the month of October 2017.
Syllabus for SRMJEEM 2018
The syllabus for the SRM JEEM is divided into five parts. It should be noted that the examination consists of 20 questions in each of these 5 sections i.e. 100 questions overall. The candidate is given a time of 2 and half hours (150 minutes). Each question has a weightage of three marks and no negative marking is applicable.
||A candidate’s ability to evaluate and to analyze the data critically and apply this data to business decisions from given typical business situations is tested in this section. The detailed syllabus is:
· Data Interpretation based on text
· Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
· Graphs can be Column graph
· Bar Graphs
· Line charts
· Pie chart
· Graphs representing Area
· Venn diagram, etc.
||A candidate’s ability to solve mathematics question both in a graduate as well as plus two or equivalent level are tested in this section. The detailed syllabus is as:
· Ratios and Proportion
· In – equations
· Algebra and Profit & Loss
· Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance
· Work and time
· Permutations & Combinations
||This section tests the Logical Reasoning ability of a candidate. The detailed syllabus is as follows:
· Critical reasoning
· Visual reasoning
· Assumption – Premise – Conclusion
· Assertion and reasons
· Statements and assumptions
· Identifying valid inferences
· Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments
· Statements and Conclusions
· Cause and Effect
· Identifying Probably true
· Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement
· Linear arrangements
· Matrix arrangements.
· Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people
· Symbol Based problems
· Coding and decoding
· Identifying next number in series, etc.
||This section tests the written English ability of a candidate. The detailed syllabus is as follows:
· • Comprehension of passage
· Verbal Reasoning
· Fill in the Blanks
· Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
· Sentence Correction
· Sentence completion
· Sentence Correction
· Odd man out
· One word substitution
· Different usage of thesame word etc.
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs,and Business Affairs
||This section evaluates the candidate’s skill on General Knowledge, Current Affairs,and Business Affairs. The detailed Syllabus is as follows:
· Current Affairs
· Punchline of companies
· Top officials of big companies
· Major corporate events
· Famous award and prizes
· International organizations
· Social issues
· Politics etc.
Important Dates for SRM JEEM 2018
|Start of the Application Process
|End of Application Process
||Last week of March (Tentative).
|Last Day to make payment
||Last week of March (Tentative).
|Slot booking for the Examination
||Last week of March- First week of April (Tentative)
|Downloading of the Admit Cards
||First week of April (Tentative)
|Date of examination
(Last year the dates of the examination were April 14th, 15th, 21st,and 22nd)
|Declaration of Results
|Start of Counselling procedure
( Last year, Counseling was scheduled on 29th June 2017 at 9.00 am)
List of SRMJEEM 2018 Examination Centers
The Test Centers for the MBA Program are as follows:
||Chennai – Kattankulathur
||Chennai – Ramapuram
||Chennai – Vadapalani
||Hyderabad / Secundrabad
The candidate can choose their top three preferences for their examination center. The center will be allotted based on the availability of dates and slots.
SRMJEEM Contact Details
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University),
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur,
Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu – 603203.
Helpdesk: (044) 27455510, 47437500 from Monday to Saturday between 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM ( except on Public Holidays).
Email –[email protected]
Colleges Accepting SRMJEEM 2018 Score
Only SRM University accepts the score obtained in SRM JEEM. In fact, SRM University all accepts another mode of entrance examination such as GMAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, TANCET, and CMAT given a valid score is obtained.
SRMJEEM 2018 Result
The results will be declared in May 2018. It will be declared on the official website of the university. This means a candidate will be allowed to access their result at the official website and will be able to download their call letters (if they qualify) in order to appear for counseling.
Cut-Off for SRMJEEM 2018
A minimum of 50% is desirable in each section(such as English language, quantitative techniques, logical reasoning). This cut-off is common for all the exams that are used as a mode of entrance.
In specific to the SRM JEEM, a candidate must get minimum overall percentile/percentage/marks of 60%. It should also be noted that the Top 10 students will obtain a scholarship.
This cut off is merely from the entrance exam. The admission process is dependent on other factors such as Psychometric test which is done by the faculty to assess the candidate’s ability. A Personal Interview and Group Discussion/Case Discussion are also held to gauge the soft skills of the candidate. Only after all these parts are done will a candidate become eligible for admission into the MBA program in SRM University.
The score and the rank obtained will be valid for one year of time. This means that if you appear for the examination in 2018 then with your score you can get admission for the year 2018-2019.
Different Branches available
The Masters in Business Administration Degree is available in the Branch of Business Administration at SRM University. There are four different campuses that offer this degree: Kattankulathur Campus, Ramapuram Campus, Vadapalani Campus, National Capital Region Campus.
The SRM Kattankulathur campus currently has 728 students that are pursuing their MBA. The specializations that are offered include:
||· Product and Brand Management
· Marketing Research
· Sales Management and Retailing
· Digital Marketing
· Services Marketing and CRM
· Rural and Green Marketing
||· Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
· Banking Management and Credit Analysis
· Taxation for Managers
· Global Financial Markets and Institutions
· Behavioral Finance
· Financial Statement Analysis and Financial Modeling
|Human Resource Management
· Competency Mapping
· International Human Resource Management
· Organizational Structure and Design
· Compensation and Reward Management
· Training and Development
||· Predictive Analytics
· Information Security in Business
· Data Visualization and Decision Making Systems
· Python for Data Science
· Big Data and Cloud Computing
· E- Business and Marketing Analytics
||· Quality Management
· Production Planning And Control
· Product Design and Development
· Service Operations Management
· Project Management
· Technology Management
SRMJEEM 2018 Counseling Schedule
The counseling dates for the year of 2018 have not been announced yet. They are likely to be about the same as the year of 2017. The dates for the 2017 Counseling is as follows:
||Date and Time
|Candidates who appeared SRMJEEM (2017) Entrance Examination
||Counseling is scheduled on 29th June 2017 at 9.00 am
|Candidates who applied and written other competitive exams : (Valid score in GMAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, TANCET, CMAT will be considered)
- Counseling is scheduled on 30th June 2017 at 9.00 am
The admission process will be based on (i) rank / score obtained in SRMJEE-M or other competitive examination like CAT, MAT, NMAT etc (ii) Group Discussion and (iii) Interview.
At the time of counseling the following will have to be produced:
- Mark sheet of Class 10th as proof of date of birth
- Mark sheet of Class 12th or its equivalent
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Provisional certificate or Degree certificate (If available)
- Score / Rank card in SRMJEE-M / GMAT / CAT / NMAT etc
- Transfer Certificate
- Photo ID proof (PAN, Aadhaar, Passport) – Original for verification and return and Photocopy
- For Kattankulathur / Vadapalani Campuses: Demand Draft drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable in Chennai, for Rs. 3,10,000/- (Rupees Three Lakh ten Thousand only) towards Registration fee (Rs. 10,000/-) and full tuition fee.
- For Ramapuram Campuses: Demand Draft drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable in Chennai, for Rs. 2,10,000/- (60% and above) or Rs. 2,60,000/- (50% to 59%) towards Registration fee (Rs. 10,000/-) and full tuition fee.
SRMJEEM Sample Paper
The university offers SRMJEREM sample papers on the official site. A sample paper with answers can be found here.