Why should one opt for a Distance MBA from Hyderabad?
Hyderabad, the capital of the Andhra Pradesh, is an important seat of learning in South India. It is home to two central universities and six state universities.
The city is known for Universities like
- University of Hyderabad
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIIT Hyderabad
- Nalsar University of Law
- Osmania University
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Hyderabad
- Birla Institute of Technology and science (BITS Hyderabad).
Below is a list of top Distance MBA Institutes in Hyderabad-
Dr. B.R Ambedkar Open University offers Distance MBA courses in Hyderabad and is a popular choice among students, the university being one of the top universities for distance education.
Prof G Ram Reddy Center for Distance Education, established under Osmania University, situated in Hyderabad is another such revered choice.
School of Continuing and Distance Learning, Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University also offers Distance courses.
Furthermore, there are other colleges and study centers that offer distance MBA courses in the city-
Below mentioned institutes are UGC/AICTE approved-
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University
- Amity University
- B.R Ambedkar Open University
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Xaviers Institute of Business Management Studies
- Institute of Insurance and Risk Management
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University is accredited and recognized by the UGC as well as the Distance Education Council (DEC).
Prof. G. Ram Reddy Center of Distance Education under Osmania University is also not only accredited by the UGC and DEC and the NAAC with A grade but also widely acclaimed as one of the best universities.
- The candidates need to clear class 12th examination from any stream.
- He/she should have graduated from any institute approved by a recognized university.
Some renowned institutes also require valid scores in National level or university conducted entrance test.
Below mentioned are a few institutes along with the required entrance test.
- BRAOU (B.R Ambedkar Open University) requires its students to be a graduate from any of the recognized university and specifies that the admission process occurs through BROU Entrance Test only.
- Similarly Prof G Ram Reddy Center (OUCDE) also specifies that admissions eligibility is on the basis of qualifying marks in the ICET (Common Entrance Test).
||Total Fee (Rs)
||Can the fee be paid semester wise?
|Prof G Ram Reddy Center for Distance Education, Osmania University
|Dr. B.R Ambedkar Open University, Jubilee Hills
|Xavier Institute of Business Management Studies, Banjara Hills
|Institute of Insurance and Risk Management, Gachibowli
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance Education
|Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education, Banjara Hills
The fees are to be usually paid through Demand Draft, and often colleges offer payment through the online mode and through Bank Challans.
NOTE- From the academic year 2018-19, BRAOU offers a 2-year MBA course instead of the 3-years course it used to offer.
||MBA in –
|Prof G Ram Reddy Center for Distance Education
|Institute of Insurance and Risk Management
||International PG Diploma in-
|Xaviers Institute of Business Management Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Masters in International Business
- Masters in HR
- Masters in Management Studies
Admission at BRAOU is solely on the basis of the ICET Common Entrance Test, while admission at OUCDE (Prof G Ram Reddy Center) is through ICET, or through an entrance exam held by Osmania University.
The students are to download and fill the application form and send it to the university, along with a DD of Rs 300 (Amount of Rs 1000, if outside Andhra Pradesh) and the required documents. On admission, the student will receive a Student ID card and the study material.
BRAOU is one of the most widely acclaimed University for distance education. It is ranked 6th best b-school for distance MBA in India.
Osmania University (Prof G Ram Reddy Center for Distance Education) is also ranked at the top in the list of Distance MBA colleges at No. 12.
Xaviers Institute of Business Management Studies was awarded the prestigious Bharat Vidya Ratan Award in 2012.