Known as largest single-campus university in India, Lovely Professional University (LPU) was established in Jalandhar, Punjab in 2005 by Lovely International Trust. With a sprawling campus spread over 600 acres, LPU offers Diploma, UG, PG and Doctoral Programs to more than 10,000 students. It offers courses across Engineering and Technology, Business, Medicine, Education and science streams.
The university is approved by UGC. Its architecture programs are approved by Council of Architecture (COA), education programs are approved by NCTE and pharmacy programs are approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
The university has won top rankings – its law course was ranked 18th Best College by Indian Today in 2017. Its engineering program was ranked at 66th position by Outlook India.
The university is known for its campus which has more than 5 banks and 50 ATMs, free Wi-Fi with 1300 access points and there is a 24 hour power back-up facility.
Application and Admission Procedure
Lovely Professional University admissions are done through LPUNEST or equivalent examination in certain cases for all the regular classroom programs. For the various M.B.A. and Ph.D. courses, the University conducts Interview and Group Discussion.
Candidates who have qualified UGC (NET/JRF) / CSIR / (NET/JRF) / ICAR (JRF/SRF) / SLET / GATE / GPAT/ holds Teacher Fellowship or passed M.Phil. Program can get direct admission.
The admit cards for LPUNEST can be downloaded from the website.
HOW TO APPLY:
For regular classroom courses:
The candidates can apply through both online and offline modes.
- For online application candidate needs to register on the official website of LPU.
- Then fill in the application form with all the correct details
- Then make the payment through net banking/ Credit/ Debit card.
- For offline mode, candidate can obtain LPUNEST Kit from University Campus / office or any other prescribed place by making cash payment or providing a Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Lovely Professional University” payable at Jalandhar.
The Application fee is Rs. 700 for regular courses and for PhD courses the fee is Rs.900.
For Distance Education courses:
- The candidates need to collect the application form from the Division of Admission at campus or other location specified by University.
- Candidates then need to fill the form with all the necessary details, and submit it along with the required documents.
- The application fee is Rs.250.
NOTE: The documents should be both self attested and attested by the Gazetted officer/or any other authority.
Hostel and Facilities
LPU has one of the largest hostel facilities for both the boys and the girls. It is open for both domestic as well as international students. Some of the remarkable features of hostel facilities at LPU are –
- On campus laundry service
- Rooms come with attached washroom, bed, table, chairs and wardrobes
- Air conditioning facilities available
- Geysers available in all rooms during winters
- Free internet connectivity (WiFi)
- Hygienic mess food (Vegetarian only)
- Food Kiosks available apart from regular mess food
- Top notch security system with turnstile gates, biometric authentication to regulate entry and exit in the hostel areas
- On campus 24 x 7 hospital with 30 beds and ambulance services for medical and health emergencies
- Hostel charges range from Rs. 52,000 to Rs.1,42,000 depending on category chosen with optional meal and laundry charges(extra).
Other Campus facilities:
- Over 600 acre sprawling campus
- Over 150 clubs for students to take active participation in
- Uni Mall: A multi storey mall selling student essentials, apparel, electronic gadgets, books, stationery etc
- Presence of branches of 5 renowned banks and postal services along with more than 50 ATMs
|Maximum salary offered||2110000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|MBA Agri-Business||XAT||General||80 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Business Analytics||XAT||General||80 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Hospital And Health Care Management||XAT||General||80 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Information Technology||XAT||General||80 Percentile||2016|
|MBA International Business||XAT||General||80 Percentile||2016|
|B.Tech (Hons.) Computer Science and Engineering||JEE-Main||General||46122 Rank||2014|
|B.Tech. Hons. Electronics and Communication Engineering ECE||JEE-Main||General||46643 Rank||2014|
|B.Tech. Hons. Mechanical Engineering ME||JEE-Main||General||57831 Rank||2014|
|B.Tech (Hons) Civil Engineering CE||JEE-Main||General||96356 Rank||2014|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates