Bharathiar University Distance Education MBA
Bharathiar University was established in Coimbatore by the government of Tamil Nadu in 1982. The university has 108 colleges affiliated to it.
The University established its School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University in the academic year 1991-92 and has been offering the Distance MBA course from the year of its establishment.
Along with the MBA program, the institute also offers 2-year Executive MBA and 5-year Integrated MBA program (BBA+MBA).
Key features of Distance Education from Bharathiar University-
- No entrance exams for courses like MBA and MCA
- Easy admission process
- Supportive and punctuate student service department
- Low fee
- Students studying regular courses at any other college, can also pursue a course of their choice
- Relaxation in fee provided to teachers, defense and police personal, press & media, graduates and ex-RAF/CRPF personnel
- 10% fee relaxation to female students
- 100% scholarship to differently-abled students
- The exam medium can also be Tamil (Specific subjects)
Bharathiar University Distance MBA Admission 2019-2020
Last date to apply for Distance MBA admission is 30th September 2019 for Academic year batch and 31st March 2020 for calendar year batch.
The applications of Bharathiar University of Distance Education are issued throughout the year and have 2 batches for processing:
- Academic year batch: Applications accepted from 1stMay to 30th September
- Calendar Year batch: Applications accepted from 1stDecember to 31st March
STEP 1 – Application Form
The application form for admission into the Bharathiar Distance Education programs can be obtained online or offline.
Bharathiar University Distance MBA Online Application Form
- Visit the official site of the institute (http://sde.b-u.ac.in)
- Download the application form and send it to the below-mentioned address.
- The application fee of Rs 150 will be charged in the program fee.
- By Post – Send a Bank Challan or Demand Draft of Rs 200 to-
Director, School of Distance Education,
It should be sent in a self-addressed envelope with dimension 30 x 24 cm.
- In Person – The application form may be obtained in person by producing a for Rs. 150 or a Bank Challan of the same amount drawn at Bank Of India, Bharathiar University branch only. It can also be obtained from The Spot Admission cum Learning Centres (SALC) / Information cum Spot Admission Centres (ISAC).
STEP 2 – Submit Form with documents
Form duly filled along with required documents should be sent to the university or submitted at Coordinator of any Spot Admission cum Learning Centres / Information cum Spot Admission Centres.
Documents to be included –
Students need to send a copy of following documents. Once provisional admission is confirmed, students need to send original copy of the certificates. Admission will confirmed only on receipts of original documents. Original documents are returned after verification.
- A DD or a bank challan for the 1st Installment or full fee drawn in
favour of the Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore.
- If the application form was downloaded online additional DD/challan for the Rs.150 should be enclosed.
- Attested photocopies of certificate for qualifying exam. For UG admission, SSC and HSC marksheets and for PG admission, SSC, HSC marksheets and U.G. Degree/Provisional Certificate should be included.
- Paste a recent passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) photo on the application form
- Foreign students should include equivalent certificate obtained from the Association of Indian Universities.
- To avail concessions for defence or police staff, service / bonaide certiicate should be included.
STEP 3 – Admission Confirmation
Once the application is submitted university takes 2-3 days to verify the application. Student will receive SMS with application status on registered mobile number. If the student submitted application online, s/he can pay the fees online after registration confirmation using Net banking/Debit/Credit card.
Once the admission is confirmed and fees is paid, student can download ID card online. Study material will be sent to the communication address withing 1 month.
Candidates get admission on the spot on the university campus or Coordinator of any Spot Admission cum Learning Centres / Information cum Spot Admission Centres.
- Application form Fee – DD/Bank challan for Rs 150.
- Original Documents – Original documents are handed back after verification.
- Course Fee – Bank Challan or Demand Draft for the course fee in full or its first installment.
On having verified the original documents, Bharathiar University Distance Education University will issue the enrollment letter, confirming the admission. Furthermore, an enrollment number and an ID card will also be issued for reference of the student.
Bharathiar University Distance Education MBA Fee Structure
The total fee for Bharathiar University Distance MBA program is Rs. 30,120/-.
The actual fee applicable depends on MBA specialization, and current university of the student.
The university offers concessions to female students and teachers,
defence and police personnel.
Bharathiar University has a flexible fee structure for its distance management courses, and all the fees must be paid to the university only through MICR crossed demand draft, accompanied by an appropriate fee remittance form.
The Bharathiar University Distance MBA fee is as follows-
|Logistics, SCM, Banking & Finance, Airline & Airport Management
|Another other specialization
- Payment can be made as Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Director, School of Distance Education, Coimbatore, payable at Coimbatore or (or) by means of Bank of India challan at university branch.
- MBA Lateral Entry students need to pay an application fee of Rs 2,500 along with the course fee.
- Penalty of Rs 300 is charged if the fee is paid within 60 after the due date. Rs 525 is charged after 60 days.
- Students belonging to any state other than Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry (UT) have to pay additional Rs 750 as Postal and Handling charges.
Distance MBA Scholarships
Bharathiar University offers Scholarships for SC/ST students as prescribed by the government of Tamil Nadu. The students, however, need to remit the full fee amount, and the fee will be refunded when the scholarship is granted from the concerned authority.
The student will particularly need to obtain the application for the scholarship, which should be submitted addressed to The Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University within a month from the date of admission.
Furthermore, the university offers 25% concession on the fee for Bharathiar University graduates, 10% concession for women, and other concessions.
||Concession in tuition fee (percentage)
|Defence & Police Personnel
|Graduates of Bharathiar University
| Ex-service Man
| RAF, CRPF Personnel
Bharathiar Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for admission into the Distance MBA course is that the applicant must be a graduate from any recognized university and education system under any of these formats-
- 10+3 (Diploma)+3 (UG)
Age of the applicant is no bar for admission.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Specializations Offered
The MBA programs offered at Bharathiar University are unique in their own nature, and the 27 specializations offered are job and skill oriented. The institution offers Distance MBA in the following specializations-
- Marketing Management
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Financial Management
- Financial Service
- Hospital Management
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Retail Management
- Information System Management
- Services Management
- Export Management
- Project Management
- Hospitality Management
- Technology Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Retail Store and Visual Merchandising
- Quality Management & Quality Techniques
- Retail Marketing and CRM Management
- International Business Management
- Technology Management
- Banking Management
- International Marketing
- Business Environment & Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Aviation Management
The Institute also offers a regular MBA.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Approval
The university has a special Personal contact program to enhance the learning of its students. The Distance Education Council has approved of all the courses offered in the university, and the study material is prepared as prescribed by the DEC. The university is also a member of Association of Indian Universities.
Bharathiar University Ranking
The university was ranked 21st in Overall Category and 14th in University category in NIRF 2019.
It was awarded ‘A’ grade by NAAC. India Today and The Week have ranked the university in top 50 universities in India.
||Academic Year Batch
||Calendar Year Batch
|Last date to first installments / Full fee without fine
||30th September 2019
||30th April 2020
|Last date to first installments / Full fee without fine with of 300/- INR
||30th November 2019
||30th June 2020
All inquiries about the education at School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University may be addressed to:
School of Distance Education,
Coimbatore- 641 046.
Ph: 91-422-2425222/2428202, 0422-2424135, 2428205
E-mail: [email protected]–uc.ac.in, [email protected], [email protected]
Contact Number for MBA Section- 91-422-2428212
Bharathiar Distance Education Study Centers
Students are requested to interact only with the authorized and approved study centers within the state boundary.
Other Distance MBA Programs
Updated On – 15-November-2019