Bharathiar University Distance Education MBA
Bharathiar University was established in Coimbatore by the government of Tamil Nadu in 1982.
The University established its School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University in the academic year 1991-92 and has been offering the Distance MBA course from the year of its establishment.
Along with the MBA program, the institute also offers 2-year Executive MBA and 5-year Integrated MBA program (BBA+MBA).
It is to be noted that with effect to June-2018, all study centres outside the state of Tamil Nadu have been closed.
Key features of Distance Education from Bharathiar University-
- No entrance exams for courses like MBA and MCA
- Ease in the admission process
- Supportive and punctuate student service department
- Low fee
- Students studying regular courses at any other college, can also pursue a course of their choice
- Relaxation in fee provided to teachers, defense and police personal, press & media, graduates and ex-RAF/CRPF personnel
- 10% fee relaxation to female students
- 100% scholarship to differently-abled students
- The exam medium can also be Tamil (Specific subjects)
Bharathiar University Distance Education Admission Procedure
The applications of Bharathiar University of Distance Education are issued throughout the year and have 2 batches for processing:
- Academic year batch: Applications accepted from 1stMay to 30th September
- Calendar Year batch: Applications accepted from 1stDecember to 30th April
The application form for admission into the Bharathiar Distance Education programs is through 3 modes-
- Application through courier
- Spot Admission
- Visit the official site of the institute (Official Distance Education website)
- Download the application form and send it to the below-mentioned address.
- The application fee of Rs 150 will be charged in the program fee.
OPTION-2: Application through courier
- Send a Bank Challan or Demand Draft of Rs 200 to-
Director, School of Distance Education,
- It should be sent in a self-addressed envelope with dimension 30 x 24 cm.
- The application form may be obtained in person by furnishing an amount of Rs150 through Demand Draft (DD) or Bank Challan at Bank Of India, Bharathiar University branch only.
OPTION-4: Spot Admissions
- Candidates can walk into the admission office at the Bharathiar University campus and but the application form for Rs 150.
- He/she needs to submit the required documents there itself.
The application form must be duly filled in and submitted at any of the study centers or at Bharathiar University in person or by post and photocopies of the documents required.
On verification of eligibility of admission, a provisional admission letter including the fee payment schedule and the list of original documents to be furnished will be provided to the applicant.
On having verified the original documents, Bharathiar University Distance Education University will issue the enrollment letter, confirming the admission. Furthermore, an enrollment number and an ID card will also be issued for reference of the student.
Bharathiar University Distance Education MBA Fee Structure
Bharathiar University has a flexible fee structure for its distance management courses, and all the fees must be paid to the university only through MICR crossed demand draft, accompanied by an appropriate fee remittance form.
The Bharathiar University Distance MBA fee is as follows-
- MBA Lateral Entry students need to pay an application fee of Rs 2500 along with the course fee.
- Penalty of Rs 300 is charged if the fee is paid within 60 after the due date. Rs 525 is charged after 60 days.
- Students belonging to any state other than Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry (UT) have to pay additional Rs 750 as Postal and Handling charges.
||Concession in tuition fee (percentage)
|Defence & Police Personnel
|Graduates of Bharathiar University
| Ex-service Man
| RAF, CRPF Personnel
Distance MBA Scholarships
Bharathiar University offers Scholarships for SC/ST students as prescribed by the government of Tamil Nadu. The students, however, need to remit the full fee amount, and the fee will be refunded when the scholarship is granted from the concerned authority.
The student will particularly need to obtain the application for the scholarship, which should be submitted addressed to The Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University within a month from the date of admission.
Furthermore, the university offers 25% concession on the fee for Bharathiar University graduates, 10% concession for women, and other concessions.
Bharathiar Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for admission into the Distance MBA course is that the applicant must be a graduate from any recognized university and education system under any of these formats-
- 10+3 (Diploma)+3 (UG)
Age of the applicant is no bar for admission.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Specializations Offered
The MBA programs offered at Bharathiar University are unique in their own nature, and the 27 specializations offered are job and skill oriented. The institution offers Distance MBA in the following specializations-
- Marketing Management
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Financial Management
- Financial Service
- Hospital Management
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Retail Management
- Information System Management
- Services Management
- Export Management
- Project Management
- Hospitality Management
- Technology Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Retail Store and Visual Merchandising
- Quality Management & Quality Techniques
- Retail Marketing and CRM Management
- International Business Management
- Technology Management
- Banking Management
- International Marketing
- Business Environment & Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Aviation Management
The Institute also offers a regular MBA for its students.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Approval
The university has a special Personal contact program to enhance the course absorption by its students. The Distance Education Council has approved of all the courses offered in the university, and the study material is prepared as prescribed by the DEC. The university is also a member of Association of Indian Universities.
Bharathiar University Ranking
Bharathiar University is one of the highest ranked universities in the country for the Distance Education mode. It is ranked at 10th position for its MBA course nationally. It is ranked among the top universities, continually by many online ranking agencies.
||Calendar Year Batch
|Issue of application
|Last date of submitting applications along with full/1st installment
|Last date of payment of 2nd installment
|Dispatch of study material
|Examination form submission (Last date)
||March 3rd week
||October 3rd week
|Examination form submission (Last date along with fine of Rs 100)
||March 4th week
||October 4th week
All inquiries about the education at School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University may be addressed to:
School of Distance Education,
Coimbatore- 641 046.
E-mail: [email protected]–uc.ac.in, [email protected]
Contact Number for MBA Section- 91-422-2428212
Bharathiar Distance Education Study Centers
With reference to the notice issued by the Director of School of Distance Education (Bharathiar University) in June 2018-
- All private franchise’s operating as study/information center within the state of Tamil Nadu should be closed down immediately.
- The School of Distance Education (Bharathiar University) does not have any study centre outside the state boundaries of Tamil Nadu. All centres outside the state jurisdiction should be closed with effect immediately.
Students are requested to interact only with the authorized and approved study centres within the state boundary. For more information contact the institute.
Other Distance MBA Programs