Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Important Dates and Admission
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is an independent institute facilitating distance education since its establishment in the year 2001. It provides a number of Distance Learning Post Graduate, Certificate and Diploma courses in Management, Administration, Law, Marketing and other professional and popular sectors.
The institute does not offer a Distance MBA program but a PGDM program, which is a diploma course but is equivalent to an MBA.
SCDL offers the below-mentioned post graduate distance courses in management discipline-
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Corporate Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
This article shall explain Important Dates and Admission Procedure for Symbiosis Centre of Distance Learning (SCDL). For more information about the Symbiosis Distance Education fee, click here.
Important dates for SCDL
The important dates for SCDL admission process for the academic year 2018-2019 are as follows-
|First batch of admissions closed on
||5th June 2018
|Second batch of admissions began on
||6th June 2018
|Second batch of admissions to be closed on
||30th June 2018
|Third batch of admissions
||Depends upon the availability of seats left
|Commencement of online courses on
||2nd August 2018
|Last date for changing specializations on
||31st July 2018
|Last date for submission of pending documents on
||25th August 2018
Dates for Payment of SCDL Admission Fee
To be paid within 30 days from the date of confirmation for admission.
1st installment to be paid within fifteen days of confirmation of admission and 2nd Installment to be paid within 30 days of payment of 1st installment.
Online Demand Exam Procedure
An Online Demand Exam facility is also available for students from Civil and Defense backgrounds. Students can choose the date and time period of taking any semester exam which they might have missed, or have not attempted or cleared, according to their convenience. The procedure to take the exam on demand is as follows-
- Students must register themselves on the SCDL website.
- To download the exam form, read the instructions well and fill the form
- Take the printout and enter cash/Demand Draft details on it and send it to the SCDL admission office.
Online Demand Exam Dates
|Reception of Online Demand Exam forms
||Working days of each month.
|Submission duration of completed exam forms for Online Demand Exam booking in the same month for exam slot in the following two months
||1st to 20th of every month.
|Submission duration of completed exam forms for Online Demand Exam booking in the next month for exam slot in next to next months
||21st to 28th of each month.
|Dates for Online Demand Exam
||Any day from 1st to 25th of each month. There is one weekly off.
|Online declaration of exam results
||12th of each month.
Note: Bookings for Online exam date can be made for the next two months adjacent to the month in which the booking form has been uploaded on the SCDL website. For example, if the booking month is July, then students can take the exam in the months of August or September.
SCDL Contact Details
The Demand Draft or Cashier’s Cheque along with the form and documents must be sent to the following address-
1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony
Pune, Maharashtra – 411016
|To resolve any queries regarding the initiation and execution of online exams students
|To check application form status students
|SAARC/International students to resolve queries
Postgraduate Diploma Admission Procedure
The Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) course has six specializations-
- Management Accounting
- Human Resource
- Customer Relationship Management.
The program is divided into 2 years/4 semesters.
Corporate Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (C-PGDBA) is industry oriented distance education program for employees at corporate offices, for instance- Hewlett Packard, Kingfisher Airlines, Deloitte, Aztechsoft etc.
The program spans for one and a half years.
SCDL Admission Process
To get admission in these courses students can apply through the following steps-
- Firstly, students must purchase the application form online. The E-prospectus will be a part of the purchase.
- Secondly, the form must be filled online through the ‘SCDL Apply Online Portal’. Its printout must be taken and it should be sent to the Admission office, along with relevant documents.
- Lastly, the Admission Fee must be paid via Online method or Demand Draft.
- Students can purchase the form from the SCDL campus for the Application fee amount mentioned below.
- After filling it, the form must be submitted with attested documents at Symbiosis Bhavan’s office in Pune. International/SAARC students can courier the form along with the relevant documents.
- Full Admission Fee must be paid via Online or Demand Draft or the Cashier’s Cheque method.
The Demand Draft/Cashier’s Cheque should be addressed to “The Director SCDL, Pune”, payable at Pune.
The Application form fee is distributed as follows-
- Rs 1500- for residents of India
- Rs 1500- for students from defence/police/paramilitary backgrounds
- Rs 6900 or $100- for International students
- Rs 6900 or $100- for students from SAARC countries
For more information about the Symbiosis Distance Learning Fee, click here.
The following documents attested by a class 1 government officer must be submitted along with the form-
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th class
- 2 Passport sized photographs
- Photo ID proof
- Program fee
- PGDBA entrance test mark sheet (for PGDBA course)/ State level MBA/MMS-CET/GMAT/NMAT/CMAT/CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT scorecards
- Work experience certificate/letter (if needed)
- Any document for the change of name (if valid)
- Address proof (only to be submitted by international and SAARC countries’ students)
- Photocopies of Passport page (only to be submitted by international and SAARC countries’ students).