Madras University is a public university established in the year 1857 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is one of the oldest and prestigious universities in India. The university offers a wide range of courses through its 109 affiliated colleges and 52 research institutes. The area of education includes Science, Management, Medicine, Humanities and Social Science.
The University offers courses in both regular and distance mode. It offer courses through Undergraduate, Postgraduate and doctorate degree. It also offers diploma, PG Diploma and certificate programs.
The admission into most the regular programs in based on merit. For selective courses, candidates need to clear TANCET Exam as part of the admission process. Below is a list of courses for which one needs to appear for the test.
The distinguishing feature of the University is its ‘Earn while you learn’ scheme. Under this scheme, students pursuing research programs can work as Lab assistants/technical assistant/library assistant. A suitable stipend will also be provided for the service.
Application and Admission Procedure
HOW TO APPLY?
For admission students can apply through two modes i.e online and offline.
The application fee 100/- rupees for online application and 150/- rupees for offline application. The fee can be made in two modes:
- Online payment through credit card or debit card or internet banking
- Demand draft drawn in the favor of -The director, IDE, university of Madras, Chennai.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
The applicants who wish to submit online application visit the website http://www.unom.ac.in/ and fill in the application.
The documents that need to be furnished along with the application are:
- Filled in application form.
- Proof of payment.
- Marksheets of SSLC and HSC.
- Caste certificates
- Transfer certificate
- Provisional certificates
HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM
- First go the official website http://www.unom.ac.in/or you can obtain the form from the university.
- Select your course UG or PG and fill in your details.
- Upload your photo and academic details.
- Upload all the supporting documents and submit the application.
- If you wish to apply offline then print the completed application form and attach all the documents and proof of payment and send it through post to University of Madras.
The admit cards and the merit list of candidates will be available at the website.
- First obtain the application form from either the official website or from the university and make the payment for application.
- Fill in the details and upload photographs and required documents.
- Once the eligible candidates list, which is based on CAT or MAT for admissions in MBA is available on the website, the course fee had to be paid and original documents should be submitted.
Hostel and Facilities
The University of Madras is located in Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was established by an act of legislative council in the year 1857. It has been recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and has also been accredited with a five-star rating by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
It is situated on many acres of land with aesthetically designed sprawling lawns and lush green environment. The campus facilities include well-developed workshops, independent buildings and administrative blocks for all the departments.
The internet connectivity is provided 24/7. Well stocked library with a digital resource center and well-designed computer center are also present on campus. Other facilities include cafeteria, sports complex, open-air theatre, bank, post office, auditorium and a hospital.
The hostel facility is available in the college premises. Each room consists of a bed, cupboard, chair, table, and bookshelves. Hostels are provided with full day internet connectivity, 24/7 power supply and round the clock security guard.
Recreational room, TV room, sports complex and a small healthcare room is also provided in the hostel area. The university hostel has inbuilt hygienic kitchen and spacious dining area.
Annual Cultural meets, technical fests, conferences, and debates form the part of campus life of a student in this university.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|M.C.A||TANCET||Other Backward Class||35 Marks||2016|
|M.C.A||TANCET||Schedule Caste||24 Marks||2016|