B.S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology is a deemed to be university. It is located in Vandalur near Tambaram, a suburban area in Chennai. The university was founded by a Tamil businessman and philanthropist B.S Abdur Rahman in 1984.
Earlier, it functioned under Madras University (1984-2001) and Anna University (1984-2009) as Crescent Engineering College, it gained a deemed status in 2008-2009.
It is an AICTE approved University and was renamed as B.S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology following UGC request. The University is ranked 100th in India and 54th in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) by Union Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2017.
The University includes courses in the field of Engineering, Infrastructure Sciences, Mechanical Sciences, Computer and Mathematical Sciences, Physical and Chemical Sciences etc. It emphasizes on innovative research and provides both UG and PG courses approved by AICTE and accredited by National Board of Accreditation.
The university has a good placement record and also has an Entrepreneurship Development Cell and Industry- Institute Partnership CELL.
Application and Admission Procedure
Candidates can fill the athrough
Online application form is available on the official website of the University. s s
- Admission in B.Tech program is done through JEE/TANCET entrance examinations and M.Tech program is through GATE exam.
- Admission can also be done through BSAUEEE (BS Abdur Rehman University Engineering Entrance Examination)
- A valid NATA score is required for admission in Architecture and Planning discipline
- MAT/XAT/CAT followed by group discussions and personal interviews should be cleared for admissions in Business field
Below is a step by step guide for the admission into this University-
- Click on the “apply” tab at official website and you will be directed to registration form
- Fill the details and upload photo and signature according to the requirements
- Pay the required fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ Demand Draft
- Book a slot for BSAUEEE exam
- Download the admit card on the due date
- Keep a copy of registration form and admit card
- Appear for the exam
- The students who have successfully cleared the cutoff are called for counseling
Hostel and Facilities
BS Abdur Rahman University is located beside the Anna Zoological Park in the state of Tamil Nadu. It has a lush green campus sprawling over 64 acres of land.
The campus constitutes state of the art facilities which include computer and reprographic facilities, language laboratory and Industry Institute Partnership Cell. Other on-campus facilities are games complex, art convention center, transportation facility, canteen, bookstore, and health center.
Separate hostels for boys and girls are available in the campus vicinity. Boys hostel has the capacity for 1500 boys and girls hostel can accommodate 350 girls.
The hostels consist of lifts and mess(with both non-vegetarian and vegetarian food). Separate room for international students is also available. The students will be provided with cot and mattress. However, they have to bring a personal pillow, pillow cover, bed sheets and required locks.
Clubs present on campus are ISTDC, NSS, NCC, Infinity and magazine publishing house.
|Maximum salary offered||680000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||170000|