Bharath University is also known as Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) and Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST). It is private deemed university located in Chennai. It is approved by UGC and accredited by NAAC.
The university was founded as Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research in 1984. It was the first autonomous engineering institutes in the Tamil Nadu. It offered courses approved by Madras University and Anna University. The university got converted into a deemed university in 2002.
The university won the award of “Best Private University of the Year” in 2014 and “Best Multi Stream University” in the same year. The university was also ranked at 35th position in overall ranking by NIRF 2017 rankings.
The university has 3 campuses in Chennai and one in Puducherry. The university offers UG, PG and Doctorate programs in engineering, management, nursing and medicine.
The university as several foreign universities as its partners. University of California,Northampton University UK, Cornell State University, Western Michigan, USA are some of its partners.
Application and Admission Procedure
The admissions to all the UG/PG courses in Bharath University are done through Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam (BEEE). BEEE is organized in two ways i.e. online and offline methods.
The entrance test is held in two phases.
PHASE 1: This phase is only for the students belonging to Andhra Pradesh.
PHASE 2: This phase is for the candidates belonging to other states.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The students need to fill the application available online.
- The students first need to register by providing their basic information like name, password, e-mail id, mobile no., address, gender etc. On registering successfully, the students receive a user id and password to fill in the further requirements of the form.
- The applicants then need to fill the Educational Qualifications, and then upload a scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- And then pay the application fees i.e. Rs.1000 through online mode only. Then submit the form and print its hard copy and submit it at Bharath University Campus.
- After all the proceedings of the application form, the candidates who successfully submit the form get an admit card available on bharathuniv.ac.in.
- Candidates only need to enter the application and the mobile no. to download the admit card.
After the declaration of the BEEE result the score is used to grant admission in B.Tech and B.Arch courses. Depending on the merit list, seat is allotted. Candidates of qualifying exams can also apply on provisional basis but the candidate needs to produce the original documents.
Bharath institute of Higher Education and Research,
173, New Agaram Road, Selaiyur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600073
Hostel and Facilities
Bharath University has a large lush green campus which consists of 5 hostels. Out of these, 4 are for boys and 1 for girls. i.eC-C
This university put special emphasis on sports activities and provides sports facilities like volleyball courts, cricket pitch, football play area etc. Each block has a separate gym, library, laundry facility and internet centers.
They provide special sponsor to the students who participate in the state or national level tournaments. It has its own RO water plant and sewage plant.
Apart from these, there is a 600 sq. meter food court and fast food outlet where students can get tasty food as per their choice at a very nominal cost.
There is also 24 hours medical Centre with ICU and Emergency which provide medical services to the students and staff at free of cost. This university has its own Ambulance service for any emergency. Moreover, there is fully Air-conditioned Guest house for visiting guest.