What is JCECE?
The Jharkhand combined entrance competitive examination (JCECE) is a state level entrance examination conducted by the Jharkhand combined entrance competitive examination board (JCECEB). It is conducted for admission of students into various degree level courses like engineering programs, medical programs, Forestry programs, agricultural programs and more; in various institutes and universities of the state of Jharkhand. It is annual examination usually conducted in the month of May-June.
Official website: http://jceceb.nic.in
Overview of JCECE is as follows-
|Overview of the examination
||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam
|Commonly known as
|Type of Examination
||Undergraduate/ Degree level
|Mode of Examination
||Offline/ pen-paper mode
|Application Applying mode
|Level of Exam
||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)
||Engineering, Forestry, Agriculture, Homeopathy, Husbandry etc.
|Examination difficulty Level
Structure/Pattern of exam
The JCECE examination is an offline /pen-paper mode examination which consists of two papers. The nature of questions in both the papers is going to be multiple choices and the type of questions is objective. Physics and Chemistry are included in a single paper for the examination of various groups, whereas Mathematics or Biology separate papers. In both, the question papers around 150 questions will be asked.Paper-1 includes the subjects Physics and Chemistry and Paper-2 includes subject, mathematics or biology.
One mark is allotted for each question and one-fourth mark is deducted for every wrong answer from the total of the candidate’s total score, there would be no deduction of marks or negative marking if the candidate does not attempt the question. The total duration of paper-1 is 2 hours and 1 hour for paper-2. From each subject around 50 questions are asked. The paper is held/answered in both English and Hindi language.
Overview of the examination pattern:
||Number of questions
||Marks of each question
||3hours (2 hours for paper- 1, 1 hour for paper- 2)
|Mathematics or Biology
- The candidate is eligible to apply for the examination only if they are an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should be a permanent or local resident of the state of Jharkhand.
- The required qualification and age criteria differ from course to course of the examination.
- The candidates applying for the JCECE examination must qualify 10 + 2 class or any equivalent examination from a recognized Institute or board.
- To be eligible for JCECE examination candidate must secure at least 45% in aggregate in their 10 +2 class.
- 5% relaxation of marks is provided to reserved category candidates.
- It is mandatory for candidates to have studied subjects like Physics and Mathematics along with chemistry or Biology or English.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for B.Tech course given by the Jharkhand combined entrance competitive examination board.
- For medical course, the candidate should be minimum 17 years at the time of admission.
- For Agriculture and forestry courses candidates should be minimum 17 years and maximum 22 years as on 1st July of the examination year, a relaxation of 3 years in maximum age criteria is provided to SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates applying for Animal Husbandry course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) should be minimum 17 years of age as on 31st December of the examination.
- Apart from the age and educational criteria, the candidates are recommended to have a medical check-up which will be done by the board or the institution.
- Only physically fit candidates will be treated eligible for admission.
Application forms and submission procedure
Candidates should apply for the JCECE examination by filling the online application form which will be available on the official site by the second week of April 2018. To apply for the same, candidate should go to the official website of JCECEB; click on the application form link; fill all the registration details like name, email id, mobile number, etc. and submit.
After registering, a new registration id and password will be sent to the candidates on their registered email address. With this unique ID, the candidate should login to the official portal using the link sent in their email.
After being directed to the page, the candidate should fill all the required details such as the personal details, course and exam city options, educational qualification, communication details and upload scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression according to the specifications. 4 KB to 100kb file size and 3.5 cm x 4.5 CM for the photograph, the signature should be 1 kb to 30 KB file size and 3.5 cm to 1.5 cm in dimension. The left-thumb impression should be about 1 kb to 30 KB in file size and the dimensions should be 3.5 cm x 1.5cm. After filling all the details and uploading the documents candidates should pay the fees according to their category through either net banking or credit card/debit card or offline through challan.
The application form number will be displayed on the page after submitting the whole form. The application number is very important and is to be noted down for future references.
The fees structure according to the category selected by the candidates is as follows:
THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE OF ONLINE FORM FILLING IS AS FOLLOWS:
- STEP-1: REGISTRATION
- STEP-2: FILLING DETAILS
- STEP-3: UPLOADING OF REQUIRED IMAGES AND DOCUMENTS
- STEP-4: PAYMENT OF FEES
- The admit card hall ticket will be issued online by (tentatively) the second week of May 2018.
- The candidate can access/download the admit card from the official website of the examination board.
- First, the candidates need to enter the details like registration number and password to access the admit card.
- The candidates are recommended to download and take two to three printout of the admit card for examination and future purpose or reference.
- The details included on the admit card of the candidates are as follows: Name, roll number, father’s name, category and group of the examination, a photograph of the candidate, date of birth, date, time and venue of the examination, examination center code.
- The candidate should carefully check all the details on the admit card if any details printed is inaccurate then they should immediately contact the examination board.
Sample Admit Card:
The results are expected to be announced by end of June 2018. Candidates can check the results by visiting the official website and clicking on the JCECE 2018 result link and clicking on the ‘view scorecard’ button the candidate would be directed to a login window where they have to enter their registered email ID and password and submit after entering the details. The scorecard will appear on the screen and the candidate is required to download it and take printout for the same for future reference.
A candidate’s result is usually on merit, which is based on their performance in the entrance examination. The cutoff of the examination depends on various factors like the number of applicants for the examination, the availability of the seats, course preference of the candidates, the difficulty level of the question paper, marking scheme etc.
After the results are published the qualifying candidates will be called for counselling cum admission process for the different courses. The qualifying candidates will receive a counselling letter which is also a call for the further admission process. Other details regarding the counselling and admission process will be published on the official website.
There will be 2 rounds of counselling where the qualified candidates will be called and the candidates are allowed to select the institute and course/stream according to their merit order, after verification of all the original certificates documents and providing the identity proof.
There will be a second round of counselling if the seats are still vacant. The guidelines will be same in the round-2 of counselling as in the round-1. Qualifying candidates for round- 1 can also participate in round-2; if they want to change their stream or course and Institute. The candidates are required to submit and counselling fee before the session of INR 650/- by challan or IPO and INR 400/- for SC/ST and female candidates.
Once the seats are allotted and confirmed by the candidate by paying the initial admission fee, they can start their academics.
Important instruction/ tips for the examination:
- The examination is mainly divided into three groups PCM. PCB, PCMB.
- PCM group examination is generally conducted for candidates applying for engineering various. PCB group examination is conducted for candidates applying for agriculture, Forestry, and medical course.
- The JCECE examination is usually conducted in Centre’s of Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dumka, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, and Bokaro.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any kind of electronic devices with them inside and during the examination.
- The pattern and syllabus of JCECE examination are quite similar to other engineering entrance examination like JEE Main, NEET, WBJEE etc.
- The list of documents original certificates that need to be submitted and verified during the counselling and online application process is as follows: admit card, mark sheet, passing certificate of 10th and 12th class or any equivalent examination, the local resident certificate issued by the state of Jharkhand, caste certificate (if applicable) and more.
- Candidates can contact the following address and phone number in case of any query related to counselling and admit card:
- The Controller of Examination,
Science & technology campus, sirkha toll,
Namkum- Tupudana Road, Namkum, Ranchi- 834010.
Phone number- 0651-6999170
The notification for JCECE conducted by the Jharkhand combined entrance competitive examination board for the academic year 2018 will be published on the official website of the examination that is www.jceceb.gov.in tentatively by February 2018.
The syllabus of JCECE 2018 comprises of four sections or subjects namely physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics which is further divided into different contents. The difficulty level of the syllabus mainly is based on 11th and 12th class or an equivalent standard.The syllabus may differ from subject groups, according to the course that the candidate has opted for (PCM, PCB, and PCMB).The subjects in the syllabus are common for admission to any program.
| Physical world and Measurement
||some basic concept of chemistry
||set relation and functions
||diversity in living world
||structural Organization in animals and plants
| Law of Motion
||the principle of Mathematical Induction
||cell structure and function
| Work energy and power
||complex numbers and quadratic equations
| Motion of system of particles and rigid body
||permutations and theorem
| Properties of bulk matter
||structure of the atom
||Genetics and evolution
| Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory
||classification of elements and periodicity in properties
||sequence and series
||biology and human welfare
| Oscillations and waves
||chemical bonding and molecular structure
||biotechnology and its applications
| Current electricity
||state of matter gases and liquids
||introduction to three-dimensional geometry
||Ecology and environment
| Magnetic effects of current and Magnetism
||limits and derivatives
| Electromagnetic and alternating current
||equilibrium mathematical reasoning
| Electromagnetic waves
||inverse trigonometric functions
||hydrogen relations and functions
| Dual nature of matter and radiation
||S block elements alkali and alkaline earth metals
|Atoms and Nuclei
||S and p block elements
||application of derivatives
| Electronic devices
| Thermodynamics p block elements
||continuity and differentiability
||D and f block elements
||three dimensional geometry
||Haloalkanes and haloarenes
||Alcohols phenols and ether
||Organic compounds containing nitrogen
||Chemistry in everyday life
Important dates for JCECE are as follows:
|EVENTS OF THE EXAMINATION
||IMPORTANT DATES (tentative)
|Notification release for examination details
||MARCH 2018 OR APRIL 2018
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS BY FIRST WEEK OF APRIL)
|Commencement of online application form
||2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2018
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS ON 14TH APRIL)
|Last date for submission of application form
||1ST WEEK OF MAY 2018
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS ON 5TH MAY)
|Downloading of Admit card/ Hall ticket
||2 WEEKS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS ON 11TH MAY)
|Date of Examination
||3RD WEEK OF MAY 2018
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS ON 16TH MAY)
|Publishing of Preliminary Answer Key
||3RD WEEK OF MAY 2018
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS ON 16TH MAY)
|Result of the examination
||4TH WEEK OF MAY 2018
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS ON 23RD MAY)
|Counselling Starts By
||2ND WEEK OF JUNE OR JULY 2018
(LAST TIME IN 2017 IT WAS ON 17TH JUNE)
List of Exam Centers
The exam centers for JCECE are as follows:
Candidates can contact the following address and phone number for their query and other test related issues.
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum,
Ranchi [Jharkhand] – 834010
Colleges accepting the Exam Scores
Top colleges accepting JCECE score in India are as follows:
- I.T Sindri, Dhanbad
- Birsa Institute of Technology, Dhanbad
- Vinoba Bhave University (VBU), Hazaribagh
- Cambridge Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- RVS College of Engineering and Technology (RVSCET), Jamshedpur
- Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIOMS), Ranchi
- Government Engineering Colleges, Ramgarh
- Anna University, Chennai
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT), Bombay
The JCECE 2018 results will be available on the official portal of the examination by the fourth week of May 2018 (Last year in 2017 the results were declared on 23rd May). After entering the portal candidate must provide their hall ticket number to access the result.
The results will be based on merit and on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the test. The candidates can download their score/ rank card from the official website of the exam. With the results, the candidates can also download their OMR sheet containing the responses. On the basis of the results, the candidates will be shortlisted for counselling cum admission procedure. There is no provision for re-checking of papers.
The cut off marks and percent differ from institution to institution. The cutoff is also based on merit. The cutoff marks would either increase or decrease depending on various factors like number of candidates for the examination, previous year cut off trends, the difficulty level of the examinations, number of participating institutions etc.
Cutoff as per different streams are as follows:
|NAME OF STREAM
||1 to 500
||1 to 500
||1 to 1200
||1 to 800
||1 to 1200
||1 to 500
||1 to 300
|electronics and communication engineering
||1 to 400
||1 to 500
|Computer Science and Engineering
||1 to 300
Scores/ Rank of JCECEis valid for an academic year for which the candidate has given the entrance test. It cannot be used next year or as any other entrance test score.
Reservation / Seat distribution
The general reservation of seats as per different category of candidates is as follows:
||PERCENTAGE OF SEATS RESERVED
|ST (SCHEDULED TRIBE)
|SC (SCHEDULED CASTE)
|OBC (OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES)
* In general around 75% of seats are reserved for Jharkhand and reserved category candidates.
Seat intake and allotment of few top colleges accepting JCECE 2018 scores are as follows:
||B.I.T. Sindri, Dhanbad
||University College of Engineering and Technology, Hazaribagh
||Ramachandra Chandravanshi Institute of Technology, Palamau
||Ramgovind Institute of Technology, Koderma
||252 (first shift)
84 (second shift)
||Guru Gobind Singh educational society’s Technical Campus, Bokaro
||RTC Institute of Technology, Ranchi
||BA College of Engineering and Technology, Jamshedpur
||Maryland Institute of Technology and Management
||KK College of Engineering and Management, Dhanbad
||RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Jamshedpur
||C.I.T Tatisiwai, Ranchi
||Education Trust Group of Institutions, Thakurgaon, Ranchi
The JCECE 2018 counselling is an offline procedure which will be conducted in the month of June 2018 of July 2018. Candidates have to register themselves and pay a fee to participate in the counselling process. Verification of documents and certificate is done during the counselling procedure.
The applicants are allowed to select the stream on the basis of the scores they have obtained in the exam. The counselling will be done in two rounds. In the first round, the candidates will be selected on the basis of their ranks/score they obtained in the JCECE 2018.
If the seats are still left, then in the second round the JCECE board will select the candidate and allot the seats. Candidates selected in the first round, if want to change the stream or college can also participate in the second round of counselling.
The counselling schedule for JCECE 2018 is as follows:
|COMMENCEMENT OF COUNSELLING SESSION
||Second week of June 2018 or July 2018
(LAST TIME IT STARTED ON 7TH JUNE 2017)
|ROUND – 1
(LAST TIME IT WAS FROM 20TH JULY 2017 TO 26TH JULY 2017)
|ROUND – 2
||Last week of July 2018 or August 2018
(LAST TIME IT WAS FROM 10TH AUGUST 2017 TO 11TH AUGUST 2017)