History of Nagaland University
Nagaland University,the 13th Central University and the only Central University in Nagaland was established based on the Act of Parliament of India and received the assent of the President of India on 20th November 1989 as the Nagaland university act 1989 (No. 35 of 1989) and came into force as notified in the gazette of India extraordinary part-ii section-1 in October 1989 published by the Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department), New Delhi.
The University came into being on September 6, 1994, having jurisdiction over the entire state of Nagaland. Prior to this, Nagaland had been in the catchment area of North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), with Kohima designated as one of the campuses of NEHU along with SARD-Medziphema. With the establishment of Nagaland University, the two erstwhile campuses inherited from NEHU as well as the colleges affiliated to it fell within the jurisdiction of Nagaland University. The nascent University had to go through many teething problems initially. The Headquarters of the University, i.e. Lumami, as per the Act could not immediately accommodate the needful so as to start functioning as Headquarters. Hence, for nearly a decade and a half Nagaland University had been functioning from Kohima as the interim Headquarters of the
- The University is strongly committed to provide a learner-centric environment and give special support to students beginning with difficulty due to some social handicap or shift in the medium of instruction.
- The University maintains a transparent system for payment of fees or charges. If any student withdraws before the beginning of the course, entire fees shall be refunded to the student with a maximum deduction of Rs 1000.
- The University provides Scholarships for meritorious as well as economically weak students.
- There are 37 departments offering Undergraduate and Postgraduate and PhD programs in different disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Engineering & Technology and Management streams.
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seekingadmissioncan follow these simplesteps:
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on thewebsite .
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or NetBanking.
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
Address:Ballard, Nagaland 797004
Phone:0369 226 8268