History of The Oxford Dental College and Hospital
The Oxford Dental College and Hospital enjoys the rare distinction of being one of the most sought after and best equipped dental colleges in India and Asia. It is housed in a spacious 8-storey integrated complex with a floor space of 2,85,000 sq. ft., which incorporates complete facilities for pre-clinical and clinical training. The college is recognised by the Govt. of Karnataka and the Dental Council of India. The college is affiliated to The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
To familiarise students with their work environment and enable development of practical skills, the college is equipped with the most modern infrastructure. This includes first of its kind CAD-CAM lab having CERCON unit (DEGUDENT GERMANY),high-end KAVO chairs from Germany, state-of-the-art casting equipment, Tek-scanIII for occlusal analysis, Computerized periodontal probe and Periotron ,specialized microscopes like PENTA HEAD, Phantom heads and other pre-clinical work units. Understanding the necessity of having the finest facilities for students, the college has already invested an enormous 400 Million rupees on its infrastucture and treats about 300 patients free of any charge each day.
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
- The department has been receiving an array of biopsy tissues/slides/blocks for routine or immunohistochemical staining or for 2ndopininon from different parts of country like Mysore, Davangere, Mumbai, Meerut, Delhi, Coorg etc from leadingpractitioners , from multispeciality hospitals like Mahaveer Jain – Head and Neck Oncology division,Narayana Hrudayalaya –Mazumdar Shaw cancer centre, and various dental colleges
Department Of Oral Medicine & Radiology
- One month Oral Oncology postings at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore or BIO , Bangalore
- One month training of advanced diagnostic modalities (CT, MRI, Ultrasonography) at various diagnostic centers.
- 2005 batch – NIMHANS ,Koramangala.
- 2006 batch – Isha Diagnostics, Malleshwaram.
- 2007 batch - St John’s Medical College, Koramangala.
- 2008 batch - Clumax Diagnostic Center, Jayanagar.
- 2009 batch - Clumax Diagnostic Center, Jayanagar and BIO, Bangalore
- 2010 batch - Clumax Diagnostic Center, Jayanagar and BIO, Bangalore
Department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- The Microbiology department – The Oxford college of Sciences, HSR Layout,
- BMS engineering college
- 3M ESPE, Bangalore.
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admmission can follow these simple steps :
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website .
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking..
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofocial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Prosthodontics including Crown & Bridge
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Oral Implantology
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology and Biochemistry
- General Pathology & Microbiology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
Address : The Oxford Dental College, 10th milestone,Bommanahalli, Hosur road, Bangalore 560068
Fax: 080 2573 4656
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MDS at The Oxford Dental College And Hospital students must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria-
1) Candidate has completed a 3 year course in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a recognized university.
2) Candidate who has completed a 2 year PG diploma approved by Dental Council of India are eligible to pursue a MDS course in the same discipline.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
Performance in first, second and third year of BDS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.