Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences (CIDS), Coorg was established in 1999 by Kanjithanda Kushalappa foundation. CIDS has garnered recognition from the Dental Council to provide professional education and training for student's to attain the Masters Degree. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The Institute is a member of the SEAADE (South East Asian Association of Dental Education).
The CIDS has an MOU with the faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong. The CIDS has strong ongoing research links with several Universitys and Dental Schools in Europe, the United States and Australia. This Institution believes in training students for today's international market as efficient doctors, managers, administrators, marketing strategists and above all as, beautiful human beings.
Why to Join Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences ?
- International Collaborations: CIDS has regular faculty exchange programs, student exchange programs and substantial research activities with the Faculty of Dentistry, Hong Kong University, University of Geneva, Switzerland and a host of other foreign universities.
- Attention to Individual: With a batch size of only 40 students, a lot of individual attention can be obtained by the students from the experienced faculty aiding in their overall skill and knowledge development.
- Membership: It is an active member of the South East Asian Association of Dental Education (SEADE)
- Research Activity: It is a very encouraging institute to carry out research work and it actively conducts studies in related fields.
For more details about admission please contact :-
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MDS at CIDS students must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria-
1) Candidate has completed a 3 year course in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a recognized university.
2) Candidate who has completed a 2 year PG diploma approved by Dental Council of India are eligible to pursue a MDS course in the same discipline.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
Performance in first, second and third year of BDS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.