History of Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences & Research
'Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences & Research' (GNIDSR) was set up in the year 2003 under the dynamic stewardship of the chairman of JIS Group Educational Initiatives, Sardar Jodh Singh. Today, GNIDSR has emerged as an impressive centre for dental teaching & training, possessing all the state-of-the-art equipments and infrastructural facilities. The institution is now housed in the newly constructed nine-storied beautiful building.
Established in the year 2003,in the sprawling campus of 5.2 acres with built up area of 1, 54,890 Sq.m. The institute is located at Panihati in Sodepur area of the City of Joy. An enrollment of 449 students pursuing Undergraduate & Postgraduate courses which includes (246 Male & 203 Female) students from across the country. The institute is headed by Prof. (Dr.) T. K. Saha, Ex-Principal & post graduate teacher of Dr. R Ahmed Dental College & Hospital, Kolkata, possessing several years of administrative experience. He is assisted by Prof. (Dr.) R. R. Paul, as Vice Principal, a senior professor, who was also the post graduate teacher at Dr. R Ahmed Dental College & Hospital, Kolkata. The institute is having 22 professors, many of them are exprofessors of Dr. R Ahmed Dental College & Hospital, Kolkata, and are nationally known for their teaching and clinical Acumen.
- There are 18 associate professors/readers and 48 Lecturers who are actively involved in day to day teaching & training of the budding professionals.
- The Institute has 6 Lecture halls, 2 AC Conference halls, a 300 seats auditorium, 15 laboratories with Hi-tech modern equipments as well as a central Library having over 5000 books and 35 International & 5 National journals.
- Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences & Research (GNIDSR)marks the first step of JIS Group Educational Initiatives to diversify from technical & management studies to impart international standard education in the field of medical sciences.
- GNIDSRis the first private dental college and hospital in the State of W.B. recognised by Dental Council of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi, possessing all the state-of-the-art equipments and infrastructural facilities for imparting the latest teaching and training in the field of Dental Surgery.
- Separate hostel accommodation for Boys & Girls are available in the campus. At present, the monthly hostel cost (Board & Lodging) is approximately Rs. 3500/- for BDS & 5000/- for MDS.
- Conservative Dentistry
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Pathology
Under The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata. During their studies both BDS & MDS students have an unique opportunity to treat around 250 patents per day, under the able guidance of experienced doctors.
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seekingadmmissioncan follow these simplesteps :
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on thewebsite .
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or NetBanking..
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
Address:157/F, Nilganj Road, Panihati, Kolkata, West Bengal 700114
Phone:033 2583 9998
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MDS at Guru Nanak Institute Of Dental Sciences And Research students must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria-
1) Candidate has completed a 3 year course in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a recognized university.
2) Candidate who has completed a 2 year PG diploma approved by Dental Council of India are eligible to pursue a MDS course in the same discipline.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
Performance in first, second and third year of BDS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.