Kohima Science College, Jotsoma was established in 1961. Kohima Science College has been successively affiliated to Guwahati University, North-Eastern Hill University and Nagaland Central University.The college is recognized under UGC. The college has been engaged in fostering the spirit of enquiry and nurturing a knowledge ecology that strengthens the knowledge base of the students to propel them to higher studies and other technical arenas.
Kohima Science College aspires to engage in improving the standards of science education in the state and generate knowledge that is value-based. The institute aims at initiating science education and to impress upon the students the need and importance of research. They realize that the college has a vast scope and role. They believe that the students are their best assets and they try their best to impart education to them worthy of emulation and relevant for the times and the times to come.
Why to Join Kohima Science College, Kohima, Nagaland ?
- Library: With14636 books, the college has a rich source of knowledge. All the reference books required for the courses are available in the library. Apart from that, international magazines, journals, newspapers are available for the students willing to go beyond their discipline. Exam papers of previous exams are available for the students. A book bank is also available for the students with 4957 text books to infer from and various disciplines as well. Students can borrow books through this scheme for a long time basis in addition to the already existing library books.
- Tech- Facilities: LAN, Broadband, and WiFi are all provided for the students. Students can make use of the technology and have the world at their fingertips. Whatever might be the question, the answer can be found out within minutes by the technology present in the campus.
- EDUSAT: Funded by ISRO, the hub is located in the college and is connected 50 satellite interactive terminals.
- Tele-Education: IT department of Indian government has provided the college with virtual classroom through Wimax. Students can study for various entrance tests into IITs here with the advanced learning systems and tutorials.
- High-end teaching aids: These are provided for the teachers to provide high-quality education to the students.
- Programs for student welfare: ‘Earn while you Learn’ is another program for students where they can work simultaneously in the discipline they like and get paid for it.
Facts & Figures :-
|Recognized under||UGC under the sections of 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC acts,1956|
|Affiliated to||Guwahati University, North-Eastern Hill University, and Nagaland Central University|
For more details about admission please contact :-