Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
is a private institute established in the year 1995 affiliated with Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim and recognized by the Government of India and NBA.
It is a leading institute of Sikkim. The aim of the institute is to make young minds to professionals with excellent knowledge in the field of, Engineering, Health Sciences, Management and Social Sciences for the better future of our country.
The institute is spread across a large area and provides facilities such as central library, four hostels for students, guest house, academic blocks, extracurricular activities, sports complex, workshop building, health centers and more.
The institute offers 8 departments through which it provides Doctoral, PG and UG courses.
List of departments is given below-
- Department of Nursing
- Department of medicine
- Department of management
- Department of engineering
- Department of commerce
- Department of Information sciences
- Department of Humanities and social sciences
- Department of Applied sciences
Application and Admission Procedure
HOW TO APPLY?
The candidate seeking admission at Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology are eligible for the same if they qualify that 12th examination with minimum 50% marks with the study of mandatory subjects physics mathematics and Chemistry or Biology or Computer Science as one of the optional subjects or JEE Mains.
The Eligible candidates should appear for the Manipal university online entrance test which is conducted by the University. The candidates can apply online/offline.
The candidates can apply online as well as offline.
Online candidates can download the application form from the official website of the college.
The registration for Manipal university online entrance test can be done from the official website of the examination.
The admission is based on merit. The final selection and admission are done on the basis of the rank or mark obtained by the candidate in the Manipal university online entrance test or Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology offline written test/directorate technical education (DTE)/ JEE.
Hostel and Facilities
Hostels are present in the college vicinity. The hostels are spacious and the staff is always present for the students. Various other facilities include-
- The hostels are provided with the intercom facility.
- The laundry services are also provided on day to day basis.
- The tuck shops along with the shops for tea, coffee and light snacks from 10pm – 2am is also made available to the students.
- Elevators are also present in the hostel.
- There are tow recreational halls where the students can watch TV, play indoor games, like snooker, table tennis. A multi-gym is also accommodated inside the hostel.
- Girls hostel has been installed with Aquaguard water supply and an RO plant has been installed inside the hostel.
- The medical facilities and the dispensaries are also present in the hostel for the aid of the students.
The safety and the security of the students is the priority for the hostel authorities and for this various security guards are appointed for the hostel. Approximately around 50 security guards are employed for the safety of the students.
|Maximum salary offered||810000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||420000|
To pursue MBA at SMU SMIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.