||All India Pre-Veterinary Test
|Commonly Known As
||Veterinary Council of India
||National Level Entrance Examination
|Mode of Exam
What is AIPVT?
All India Pre-Veterinary Test or AIPVT is conducted by the Veterinary Council of India. The Veterinary Council of India aims to provide admission to students in Bachelors of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry degree programme. The exam is conducted at the national level.
Since 2017, AIPVT has been replaced by NEET. Admission into the veterinary courses is done on the basis of NEET score.
Structure of AIPVT exam
The exam is conducted offline at various centres across the country on the same date. The duration of the exam lasts for 3 hours.
Sections: The exam consists of a total of 180 multiple choice questions. It is divided into sections catering to three subjects that it chooses to test. These are physics, chemistry, and biology. Physics and chemistry each have 45 questions in their section while biology has 90 questions under its section.
Marks: Negative marking has been introduced for the AIPVT 2018 paper where the candidate on a correct answer is awarded 4 marks and on an incorrect answer, gets 1 negative mark.
Medium: The AIPVT 2018 will be set in both the English and Hindi language.
AIPVT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for any exam consists of some basic information such as age, nationality, examination score to qualify and a minimum educational qualification. It is mandatory that all applicants for the AIPVT Exam, 2018 qualify for the eligibility criteria to move forward. These are the requirements:
- It’s necessary for the applicant to be an Indian citizen
- The minimum educational qualification is 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main subjects. Applicants, who are still in the process of completing their 10+2, can also apply as long as they pass their exams.
- Candidates should score a minimum percentage of 50% in their qualifying exam.
- The minimum age to give the exam is 17 while the maximum age is 25.
- Candidate belonging to Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for 15% quota seats. If the candidates claim eligibility for same then they have to upload self-declaration document.
||ST, SC and OBC
||5 years relaxation
|Minimum educational qualification
||10+2 Pass in chemistry, Physics, Biology and English
||10+2 Pass in chemistry, Physics, Biology and English
Schedule Tribe, Schedule Caste and Other Backward Caste Candidates
- For ST, SC and OBC Candidates, a relaxation of five years is provided
- ST, SC and OBC candidates are also required to attain minimum 40% in their qualifying examination
||Percent of Reservation
|Other Backward Castes
|Persons with Disabilities
Application forms and submission procedure
The application form for the AIPVT exam will be open for applicants from the 8th of January, 2018 onwards and will be available on their official website. It is only available online and unavailable offline
The application procedure for AIPVT 2018 is-
STEP 1- Registration
Go to the official website of AIPVT. Enter the e-mail ID and all the basic details for registration process. Enter the required details and press submit. The system will auto-generate your registration number and mail the information at your registered contact number and e-mail ID for documentation and verification.
STEP 2- Filling of application form online
Once registration process gets completed you must check your mail to get the password. Login by entering registered ID and password. Carefully fill the required information and note down the application number.
AIPVT will be conducted in 46 exam centers all over India. The candidates will get 3 preferences of AIPVT center while filling up the application form. The examination authority will allot the centers accordingly and the candidates must know that the final authority of allotting the exam centers lies in the hands of examination board.
STEP 3- Uploading of documents
The final step is uploading of all necessary documents. Candidates should have all the documents at the time of filling the application form as the application form is incomplete without it. Candidates must upload scanned image of their photograph, signature, and left hand thumb impression, parent’s signature, candidate’s personal and academic details such as class 10th mark sheet and class 12th mark sheet.
STEP 4- Payment of application
The AIPVT Application fee differs according to the categories of the candidates. General candidates need to pay Rs. 1500 for the application and reserved candidates need to pay Rs. 750. Candidates should select the mode of payment. The candidates can pay the application fee in two ways, i.e., credit card/debit card/net banking or through E-challan by paying the amount in VCI account in any branch of Vijaya Bank/ State Bank of India. After completing the application form, candidates must take print out of the confirmation page for future references. The last date to remit AIPVT application fee is February 9, 2018.
STEP 5- Download the application form (receipt)
The Application form allows the candidate three choices of exam centre’s with the first choice given the most preference and the second choice given attention only when the availability of the first choice ceases to exist.
The admit card will release in the second week of April 2018.
The admit card will be available in the official website of Veterinary Council of India(VCI).
- Open the website mentioned above and enter the details, i.e., registration number and password. Now click on the “AIPVT Admit Card” link.
- The candidates have to download the admit card along with the pro forma.
- Paste the passport size photograph on the pro forma.
The admit card will include candidate’s name, Roll number, photo, signature, examination venue and date. The candidates should carry their admit cards, other relevant documents such as valid photo ID proof to the examination centre.
Candidates are advised to follow the instructions as per on the admit card. In case candidates have any issue they can contact the authority in writing. No oral activity is allowed.
The decision for allocation by the respective college will be their final decision. All disputes regarding the examination and other shall fall within the Jurisdiction of Delhi. The students should follow all the rules to avoid any kind of issue.
AIPVT Admission procedure is provided briefly below–
- After the candidate is shortlisted, there will be three rounds. The first two rounds of selection will be online and the last round will be based on a personal interview at the respective college allotted.
- Once the candidates are shortlisted after the personal interview, they have to submit all the documents for the verification and documentation during the admission of the candidate.
Step-1: Once the exam is over, shortlisted candidates are required to participate in the counseling process which is conducted by Veterinary Counseling Committee (VCC), New Delhi. The first two rounds of the counseling will be online whereas the third round will be the final round which is a personal interview which will be conducted by the respective colleges.
Step-2: The eligibility criteria, as well as other documents of students, shall be verified by the allotted college at the time of reporting in the college or during the admission of the college. The documents are also verified during the counseling. So the candidates should carry all the important documents for the verification. The list of important documents that the candidates must carry is as follows-
- Character certificate
- Provisional certificate A valid category certificate(if applicable)
- Disability certificate to be submitted by PWD candidates
- Four passports size photographs and one postcard-sized photograph
- AIPVT 2018 admit card
- AIPVT 2018 Counseling letter
- Date of birth certificate ( Secondary School Examination or Equivalent Certificate)
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
The seats allotted will be based on candidate’s rank of the test, choice-filled during the filling of the application form, availability of the student, etc.
The selection of candidates for 15% All India seat for admission to Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry degree course shall be applicable to all the Veterinary Colleges in India except the state of Jammu and Kashmir as they have different eligibility criteria for the test.
The notification of AIPVT 2018 has already been released and the students can find the same in the official site of the exam.
The syllabus for AIPVT includes the three following subjects:
The following table shows the topics that need to be covered in each subject for AIPVT:
||· Physical World and Measurement,
· Kinematics Laws of Motion,
· Work, Energy and Power,
· Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Gravitation,
· Properties of Bulk Matter,
· Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic
· Theory Oscillations and Waves,
· Electrostatics, Current Electricity,
· Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism,
· Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents,
· Electromagnetic Waves,
· Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei,
· Electronic Devices
· Diversity in Living World,
· Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants,
· Cell Structure and Function Plant Physiology,
· Human physiology,
· Reproduction Genetics and Evolution,
· Biology and Human Welfare,
· Biotechnology and Its Applications,
· Ecology and environment
· Basic Concepts of Chemistry,
· Structure of Atom,
· Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties,
· Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure States of Matter: Gases and Liquids,
· General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements,
· Equilibrium, Redox Reactions,
· Hydrogen, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals),
· Some p- Block Elements,
· Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques,
· Environmental Chemistry,
· Solid State Solutions,
· Chemical Kinetics,
· Surface Chemistry,
· p-Block Elements,
· d and f Block Elements,
· Coordination Compounds,
· Haloalkanes and Haloarenes,
· Phenols and Ethers Aldehydes,
· Ketones and Carboxylic Acids,
· Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen,
· Polymers Chemistry in Everyday Life
AIPVT 2018 Important Dates
The following table shows the important dates that the candidates must keep in mind while applying for AIPVT 2018:
|Availability of AIPVT Application Form 2018 (without late fees)
||January 08, 2018 to February 7, 2018
|AIPVT Application Form Submission (with late fees)
||February 10, 2018 to March 01, 2018
|Payment of AIPVT Application Fee (without late fee)
||January 8, 2018 to February 09, 2018
|Payment of AIPVT Application Fee (with late fee)
||February 10, 2018 to March 03, 2018
|Availability of AIPVT Admit Card 2018
||April 14, 2018
|AIPVT Exam Date
||May 14, 2018
||June 3rd week, 2018
||The date and time of counselling are yet to be announced and it will be done so by the VCI However, The tentative date is 1st week of August
List of AIPVT Examination Centres
The entrance exam will be held in 46 centers across the country and while filling up the application form, candidates will have to give their top 3 center preferences.
The following table shows the exam centers where the entrance test will be held along with center codes-
In case the candidates face any kind of any inconvenience, they can contact the authorities through the following means:
The Examination Selection
All India Pre-Veterinary Test
Veterinary Council of India
A-Wing 2nd Floor, August KrantiBhawan
New Delhi: 110066
Contact details: 011-26179960, 26184354, 26184149, 26171232
Fax no: 011-26182434
E-mail: [email protected]
List of colleges accepting AIPVT score
The following list shows the list of colleges that accept AIPVT score:
- Nagpur Veterinary College, [NVC] Nagpur
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, [COVAAS] Bikaner
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pondicherry
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Pookot, Wayanad
- Kerala Veterinary College and Research Institute, Thrissur
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College.(PDUMC), Rajkot
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Jabalpur
- Veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Karnataka Veterinary Animal and Fisheries Sciences University, Bida
- Bombay Veterinary College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Veterinary College, Bangalore, Karnataka
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry Anjora,Durg , Chattisgarh
- KVASU, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Pookot, Wayanad
- Bihar Veterinary College, Patna, Bihar
- Faculty of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Bisra Agricultural University, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- Krantisinh Nana Patil College of Veterinary Science, Satara, Maharshtra
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Deshmukh Veterinary Science, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Evam Go Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
The results for AIPVT will be announced around 3rd week of June. It is announced both in the form of score card and merit list. Candidates can access their score cards by following the given steps:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of VCI
- Candidate need to enter their information like their roll number and enrolment number
- Once those details have been filled in, candidates will have to click on the “AIPVT 2018 Score Card” link.
- The score card will appear in a new window.
- Candidates need to download and keep the score card for future use.
In the score card of the candidate, the following details will be mentioned:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate Date of birth
- Registration number
- Roll number of the candidate
- Venue or name of the examination centre
- Counselling venue along with time and date
The candidates can get an idea about their score in the exam by referring to the answer key that will be released on the official site of VCI. It will be released by the second week of May.
Students can get access to the answer key by following the given steps-
- Candidates need to go to the official website of AIPVT 2018.
- After that, they need to click on the login tab.
- Candidates then need to enter their credentials which includes their registration number and password
- Once logged in , candidates need to search for the answer key link and have to click on it
- The Answer key will then be displayed in a new tab
In case any discrepancy is found in the answer key, candidates can challenge the same at the council’s website.
The cut off for AIPVT is decided by means of percentile. The following table shows the percentile of cut off for different categories:
|Reserved category (OBC, SC, ST)
|General category- Physically Handicapped
|Reserved category- Physically Handicapped
It is important to remember that AIPVT 2018 provides admission to the candidates under 15% All India Quota and 85% seats in the participating states.
The following table shows the reservation of seats for different categories under the 15% All India Quota:
||% of seats reserved
|Other Backwards Classes(Non-Creamy Layer)
|Person with Disability
AIPVT 2018 Counselling Schedule
The process of counselling will start after the declaration of the merit list and candidates who would make it to the merit list will be eligible for the process of counselling.
However, the tentative date is 1st week of August.
The date and time of counselling are yet to be announced and it will be done so by the VCI. After sitting in the process of counselling, the seats would be allotted on the basis of the following two grounds-
- Seniority in merit
- Availability of seats in a particular Veterinary College at the time and date of allotment.
On the completion of the counselling process all the selected candidates would be provided Allocation letter. However, it is important to remember that candidates cannot change seats once allocated to them. Further, there are also no separate provision for re-counselling for the candidates.
Candidates need to verify the following documents during the process of counselling:
- Four passport sized photographs and one postcard sized photograph (to be same as uploaded on the online application form)
- AIPVT Admit Card
- Counselling letter which will be sent to the candidate via email
- Date of birth certificate -Secondary School Examination or birth certificate issued by any competent authority
- Qualifying examination marksheet
- Character certificate issued by the last institution that the candidate has studied in
- Provisional certificate – However, this only for those candidates who have passed out in the year 2017.
- Candidates seeking reservation under SC/ST quota are required to provide caste certificate
- Candidates seeking reservation under OBC category( Non Creamy Layer) will also have to produce their required certificate
- Candidates who are seeking admission under Person with Disability i.e. PwD category have to submit their required certificate should be certified by a duly constituted and authorised Medical Board consisting of minimum three specialists out of which two should be of the specialty concerned.