Pondicherry University is a public central university located at Kalapet, Puducherry. It was founded in 1985 by the Govt. of India. The University holds the motto “Vers la Lumière (French)” which means “From Darkness, towards the Light!” The University is affiliated to UGC. It has 6500 students in the residential campus and over 50000 students in its 90 affiliated colleges.
Pondicherry University campus is spread over an area of 780 acres. The library is stocked with more than 175,000 books and 10,000 journals. The campus has 13 hostels for boys, 8 hostels for girls and 2 other hostels for guests and foreign students.
"Puduvai Vaani", a Community Radio Station established by Pondicherry University with the support of UGC, works under FM 107.8 MHz a frequency covers an area in the 20 km radius of the University was setup in 2008 to create awareness in the local residents and help raise the living standards.
The PU organizes various technical and cultural fests annually namely Mittrika, Reflections, IMPACT and many more.
The PU was ranked 52 overall by NIRF in 2017.
Application and Admission Procedure
HOW TO APPLY
- The application form is available online. The candidates need to fill in all the required details.
- A valid email id and mobile number should be provided as it will be used for further communication.
- After filling in the necessary details candidates need to upload the scanned image of their passport size photograph (140×160) (file size less than 60kb).
- Candidates applying for multiple courses need to fill separate forms for each course.
- The application fee of Rs.250 for General category and Rs.125 for SC/ST category needs to be paid by online mode using credit card/debit card/net banking or by offline mode by submitting challan in Indian bank.
NOTE- It is to be noted that the offline payment should be made in Indian Bank which is a standalone bank and not any Indian Bank.
- After the completion of application process, admit card will be issued to the candidates which will be required at the examination centre.
- After the conduction of entrance examination result will be released online. Cut off for various courses will be released.
- A common merit list will be prepared.
Hostel and Facilities
This University is ranked 37th among the top 100 universities in India. It has 800 acres of lush-green Wi-Fi (24 hrs internet) enabled area with 11 hostels for men and 5 for women and research scholars and a separate hostel for foreign students with an overall capacity of 1500 residents with adequate concessions for reserved students and differently-abled students.
The campus houses auditoriums, seminar halls, executive council hall, bank, bookshops, 3 canteens, coffee bars, computer centre, day- care centre for the benefit of the children of the staff and faculty, fully equipped and furnished guest house, gymnasiums, library, placement cell, post-office, and a shopping complex.
The campus provides bus facility for every half hour in the working days apart from battery-operated vehicles and free bicycles for mobility and convenience of the students and staff from hostels to departments, labs, library etc. The health centre offers round the clock medical facilities.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|MBA International Business||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2015|
|MBA Banking Technology||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2015|
|MBA Tourism Management||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2015|
|MBA International Business||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Banking Technology||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Tourism Management||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2016|