Malabar Dental College and Research Centre, Malappuram was established in 2007. Malabar Dental College and Research Centre is recognized for its leading-edge education in Dental Sciences. The college is one of top-ranked Dental Science teaching facilities in the state and is established under the aegis of Malabar Educational and Charitable Trust. The college offers undergraduate program in Dentistry, recognized by Dental Council of India, and affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences.
The college has a long-standing tradition of excellence in teaching, research and clinical service. The constant endeavor to attain highest level of quality in education and research coupled with stimulating intellectual study environment and has made the college one of the most renowned educational institutes.
Why Join Malabar Dental College And Research Centre, Mallapuram ?
- Location: The campus is located in the beautiful state of Kerala with a quiet and pollution free environment. The college is surrounded by picturesque hillocks on its either side.
- Practical Experience: The College imparts practical experience to its students by having them learn amongst the latest equipment and technology. The college ensures that each student not only gets to know about existing technologies but also helps them to know about innovations and inventions in the field of Dental Sciences. All the machines are imported from U.S. and Germany, which are capable of moulding edge sharp designing of tooth morphology with ceramic and composite materials.
- Experienced Faculty: The College tends to provide students the guidance of highly experienced faculty who have over seven years of teaching experience. The college is divided into various blocks or departments.
- Infrastructure: The College is spread in 20 acres and has separate hostel for boys and girls. The college has a library with more than 3500 books and journals. The college also has a playground that helps the students to spend some time on their fitness related activities. The college is also well equipped with Dental equipment to help students develop gain and exposure and understand the pressure of working in a professional environment.
Facts & Figures :-
|Approval||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Affiliation||Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|Student Intake Per year||100|
|Campus Area||20 acre|
|Average Passing Index||86%|
|Total Faculty Members||42|
|Sports and cultural events||20|
- Department of Prosthodontics
- Department of Conservative
- Department of Oral pathology & Microbiology
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Periodontics
- Department of Orthodontics
- Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Department of Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry
For more details about admission please contact :-
Call: +91- 2697020, 21, 22, 23, 24
Fax: 0494 – 2697025
E-mail: [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|BDS||KEAM||Other Backward Hindu||8161 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Other Backward Christian||9660 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Dheevara and related communities||11339 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian||11217 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Schedule Caste||15086 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Schedule Tribe||28638 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Viswakarma and related communities||9147 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Other Backward Hindu||10200 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Other Backward Christian||13290 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Dheevara and related communities||12829 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian||12236 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Schedule Caste||16186 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Schedule Tribe||29930 Rank||2017|
|BDS||KEAM||Viswakarma and related communities||10848 Rank||2017|
To pursue MDS at Malabar Dental College And Research Centre students must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria-
1) Candidate has completed a 3 year course in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a recognized university.
2) Candidate who has completed a 2 year PG diploma approved by Dental Council of India are eligible to pursue a MDS course in the same discipline.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
Performance in first, second and third year of BDS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.