On 20th November 2010 University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) was established and is an autonomous public funded institution. KUFOS is the first fisheries university in the country. KUFOS provides high-quality instructional programmes in fisheries, ocean sciences and allied subjects. The headquarters of KUFOS with its enchanting blue building stands in harmony with the greenery at Panangad, 12 km away from Kochi city, along NH-47. KUFOS has 75 acres in the headquarters at Panangad, 50 acres at Fisheries station, Puduveypu and 10 acres at Thiruvallom near Vizhinjam.
University of Fisheries and Ocean Studiesprovides highly qualified faculty, full-fledged infrastructure facility and good linkages with reputed national and international institutes. Results of research emerging from various disciplines leading to successful technologies need to be disseminated to the end users at the grass root level.
Departments atKerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Kochi:
- Department of Aquaculture
- Department of Nutrition and Feed Technology
- Department of Fish Health Management
- Department of Aquatic Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Department of Fish Taxonomy and Biology
- Department of Fisheries Resource Management
- Department of Fishery Hydrography
- Department of Basic Science and Informatics
- Department of Management and Social Sciences
- Department of Climatic Variability and Aquatic Ecosystem
Contact details ofKerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Kochi:
Ph. Nos:0484 2700964, 0484 2700598, 0484 2700274, 0484 2700596, 2703782, 2701095, 2701085
Fax:91 484 2700337, 91 484 2703782, 91 484 2701095, 91 484 2701085
E-mail: [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates